on 18 August 2010
I bought the Rubik for my nephew who had already mastered the original Rubik cube, I thought this would be a challenge, it was his brother who managed to conquer it first but he didn't give up and he too finally did it. Don't think that it's now all over because he still sits and plays with it, he finds it very relaxing and although he has mastered it it is still a challenge because he can't remember (well, not yet) the order of moves. My nephew is fourteen but don't let that put you off, it isn't an age game, it suits all ages for different reasons. Give it a go, it's brilliant for the brain and you will not be disappointed.
on 15 September 2009
It is a very good puzzle, I have partially solved it but it is going to take me quite a while to complete it. Puzzles that take a long time to solve can be very good and this is one of them
on 15 May 2011
Like the other Rubiks products this is deliberately designed to be a real challenge. I bought it for a fun secret Santa gift at Christmas and it got passed around the assembled company for hours. There was quite a lot of swearing and cheering going on so it is obviously a good game for adults. Educational? Well only as far as it teaches you patience and maybe encourages a steady hand. If you really need to complete a puzzle this might be a frustration too far but obviously it's possible. Just that we haven't managed it.
on 16 January 2010
It was bought as a present which went down really well. Highly recommended for an 8yr old boy.
on 22 August 2011
This Rubik 360 looks like great fun to play with and always gets people to ask questions about it (especially when you put it in the stand - included). However past this I haven't been too impressed with it... Once you have worked out the technique then there isn't really anything to be gained from playing it - getting faster doesn't have the same joy as it does on a standard Rubik's cube and there is no variation in starting position like there is on the Rubik's cube. It seems fairly fragile so I don't know how long it will last, though I imagine most people wont play it for too long so this shouldn't be a major problem. If you have some time and fancy a quick game then get one and have a play, however it is hard to play on the move if you accelerate/decelerate (even if you are good!) so probably something to leave at home!
on 15 January 2010
I purchased this as an after thought for a biy of 10. He was really happy as apparently it's a must have. Problem for him was his dad and everyone else wanted to play with it too. A very successful gift, not too expensive and hours of fun.
on 13 June 2011
I'll admit that, at 30, I am probably the wrong age to be receiving this as a gift (- probably my sister's idea of a joke) but I don't get this puzzle. It took me about 20mins to 'complete' which simply involved looping the balls round in to the right holes then locking them out. There wasn't really any puzzling involved I would say this is suitable for kids up to 10-12 max. whereas the original cube seemed suitable for all ages. Not a patch on the original. I would advise looking for more original puzzle, if that is what you are after.
on 20 June 2011
The toy is great fun, although I solved it in less than one hour. It may help to develop spatial skills and can be a great toy for children and old peaple.
on 8 September 2009
Very well constructed but after 10 mins deliberation completed in an hour. Great for youngsters wanting to learn about gravity but too easy for an adult with good puzzle skills.
on 14 January 2013
I wish I had gone for an easier version, this says for eight years plus but neither my husband or I can even get the balls out of the centre ball, I dont know how we would ever get them back in for someone else to play if we cant even get them out. Maybe a little more practice is needed!