5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - really effective
Published 19 months ago by Philip Coop

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure about this
I have a Cockerpoo with quite a thick coat. I brought this to trim his face a bit so it didn't look like straight cuts which it does with normal scissors. I don't know if it's me or these aren't suitable for my dogs coat but they don't seem to cut very well at all, sort of squashes the fur then I end up sort of ripping it out. Has lots of great reviews thought so maybe...
Published 19 months ago by Lizzie

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - really effective, 30 May 2013
This review is from: Mikki Grooming Single Thinning Scissors for All Coats (Misc.)
I have never used thinning scissors before and was unsure how effective they would be, but I was very impressed. Very useful when you are a novice at trimming your dog because they remove weight without showing a clear "cut line". Avoids the "just had a fight with a combine harvester" appearance. The only thing you have to remember is to open the scissors again after making a cut before moving the scissors away, because the scissors still grip the uncut sections of hair.

4.0 out of 5 stars Careful cutting, 27 Dec 2012
Miss L. C. Beavan "linchada" (Horley, Surrey) - See all my reviews
If you are new to grooming like me it helps to have these as mistakes are minor, no huge chunks are taken out. I use them for around the nose on one of my Shih Tzu's as she is phobic about anything near her face, so these are safe for me to use on her jerking around. Contrary to the safeness I would have liked them to be a little sharper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thinning scissors, 26 Aug 2012
These scissors are excellent. My dog absolutely hates getting her hair cut but these scissors are so sharp it doesnt take long at all to get the job done. Just be careful you dont cut your dog.

5.0 out of 5 stars MIKKI THINNING SCISSORS, 24 Nov 2012
I have a Golden Cocker Spaniel who's coat needs constant grooming. Because he isnt very keen on strangers I have started to groom him myself and these scissors are wonderful they get all his under fur out and he looks so much better. The price was excellent as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 30 July 2012
These thinning scissors worked a treat on my Golden Retriever. The single thinning blade is ample to do the job properly. Highly recommended!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Helps a complete novice to make a half reasonable job of grooming, 19 Jun 2014
S. Owen - See all my reviews
So far I've had two options for trimming my dog. First is pay the dog groomer after which dog looks amazing but my wallet is disturbingly lighter. Second is trim her myself and have everyone collapse laughing at the sight of her. So after reading reviews that assured me I would avoid the "just had a fight with hedgetrimmers" look, I decided to try these.

They take a bit of getting used to. They require a different cutting action to normal scissors. My dog is a Jack Russell/ Spaniel cross (very quick growing, long but quite fine fur)and I found the easiest way was to brush all her fur sticking up and then just cut repeatedly and randomly with the scissors pointing towards the head, brushing the cut fur out afterwards. At first I was trying to get each cut part out as I went and the dog got a bit annoyed. As other reviewers have said, your dog will soon tell you if you're doing it wrong!

She looks pretty good now. Not quite as good as the dog groomer, I must admit. However a few people have said "oh, you've had her groomed" which is a vast improvement on "what HAVE you done to that poor dog?" Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mikki Grooming Single Thinning Scissors, 10 Mar 2013
These thinning scissors are well worth the money. Did an amazing job on my two Westies as they have very thick coats. I am very impressed with all the Mikki products I have recently purchased. Thankyou very much.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good cut!, 23 Mar 2012
I have two Springers, who are fairly hairy! Although I only thin the hair around their ears, the scissors are easy to use and do the job well. I would recommend them and I would buy them again if need be.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 10 Aug 2013
Do like these thinning scissors although the larger ones would probably have been better for my springer spaniel's coat. She enjoys being groomed with them and they enable me to get a better result than with ordinary hair cutting scissors.

5.0 out of 5 stars No excuse for untidy dog ears, 29 Nov 2012
Having had my last pair of thinning scissors for many years I decided I needed new ones. These are so much sharper and easy to use, comfortable in my hand. Sheltie ears now much tidier.