on 3 January 2011
I always cook too much spaghetti. I hate myself for purchasing this, as it no longer gives me a real excuse for going overboard with my favourite carbohydrate. The portion selector works quite well and I might be tempted to say it is a bit miserly... if you want a portion of spaghetti for one person, you might as well select the two setting... or, at the very least, the two-and-a-half.

Damn useful kitchen inventions... no longer can I enjoy my 'estimated' way too large portions of spaghetti, at least - not if anyone is watching.

I may try and find some way to break it... or lose it.
on 11 May 2010
My mom bought me this after I complained that I never got the measurement of pasta right. This is a nifty gadget that doesn't take up space and accurately measures out portions (and half portions for the greedy ones :D)
on 20 January 2011
Okay, so its only a spaghetti measurer but it'll be the best one you buy.

Spaghetti is difficult to measure out, i've never been able to get it right, now i can ! Joseph Joseph produce innovative cooking equipment and utensils - despite this being one of their cheapest products it is as well made and functional as the more expensive ones i have bought.

I've found the portion size perfect. It's easy to use. A quick turn of the dial and the aperture you put your spaghetti through gets bigger or smaller. Easy. Portion settings go from 1 to 4 in 1/2 portion increments.

It won't change your life but it is a nice little funky gadget.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 23 January 2012
When I first saw this I thought 'what the???'. Then instantly I was flooded with memories of too much or too little spaghetti and was pleased when I was given it as a present. It has settings from one person up to four with half portions (as in 1.5, 2.5 and 3.5) if you don't want too much or I guess for a smaller portion for kids. It measures it well too as I haven't been left with too little or too much Pasta. I am now using with every helping of Spag Bol and every other Spaghetti dish so can heartily recommend it.
Love this. I always get the portion sizes wrong with spaghetti and searched for a decent measure. There were plenty of cheaper measures, but I love JJ and this product is up to the usual high standards.

Good delivery and service as always, thanks Amazon
on 13 July 2010
I love this item. Spaghetti is not the easiest to measure out at the best of times, and this little devise removes all the guess work, and thus cuts down on waste. Another great bit on innovation from the Joseph Joseph
on 25 April 2016
Pleasantly surprised how quick the item was dispatched. Very clever design. Does its job of measuring spaghetti portions. Takes up miminal/very little space in the kitchen drawer and so is easy to store.
on 4 January 2012
At first glance this seems like one of those kitchen gadgets that the shop/manufacturer tries to persuade you you can't live without but is actually a bit of a swizz. After all, how hard can it be to measure spaghetti? Well, quite hard it seems judging by my attempts. January 2012 and the annual diet comments and this is the best way that I have found to properly measure out a portion (other than weighing it but spaghetti is hard to fit on scales!) It also looks good which, although not a necessity, is a nice bonus. I guess there probably are cheaper alternatives but I liked this one and don't regret buying it.
on 3 March 2011
...it is one of those stupid little gadgets that, once you've used it, you'll wonder how you managed without it. Now more waste. Silly but well worth the money
on 20 September 2010
To be honest, I bought this item based solely on the other rave reviews. We'd been overfeeding ourselves spaghetti for years and it was time to proportion our portions. However, I find that this measure simply doesn't measure up! Now granted, it could be the particular one we received, but I find it a little tricky to maintain the appropriate diameter for the number of users - the little lever tends to move easily, thus making accurate measurement impossible. In hindsight, I feel one of the measures with a variety of holes would have been a better choice.

See one answered question