on 14 June 2010
it is brilliant. does what it says and it saves space in the garden. Haven't got to the harvest, yet, but the plants are growing gorgeously. ^_^ I'd buy them again and if the harvest is good I will for next year. The material is sturdy. Don't forget to buy a LOT of compost when you get these.
on 7 June 2009
This product was a very good idea, I was so pleased to of found it on the internet at such a brilliant price, my potatoes bags are very strong and easy to use. To be able to get the potatoes out without disturbing all of them is great.
on 25 August 2010
This seems to be a good quality potato planter. I like the Velcro flaps near the bottom for harvesting. The slight disadvantages I see are having to insert the strengthener around the top (it's a bit too long as well as being tricky to do) and the fact that the drainage holes are small, without eyelets and well over an inch up from the bottom. I'm not sure if this will be ideal in this wet climate (near Glasgow).
on 18 May 2010
Excellent value for money. Just as good as similar items which cost twice or three times as much. I have potatoes growing really well. Strong and large enough for a few seed potatoes. I picked this product especially because of the access flaps which will make partial harvesting so much easier. I don't want a whole root at a time, so this is perfect
on 4 June 2010
The product itself is well made, which is why I have awarded two stars. The results were total disaster. Despite doing everything 'according to the book' we only achieved about eight or nine potatoes in each bag - we bought two. We shall not be using them again. Also we found difficulty in locating the potatoes via the pockets provided towards the bottom of the bags. Reading an article in a gardening section of 'The Telegraph' we are advised that if using bags you are better to use the compost bags turned down half way and do not keep topping up with more compost having planted the potatoes. It seems many readers had written in with the identical problem - hardly any potatoes to harvest. We have rather lost faith in growing potatoes in bags so will be trying to find a suitable space in the to have another go. Perhaps I should mention that the potatoes we planted were 'Vivaldi' which is our absolute favourite but does not give a high yield though one would have expected better than this.
on 17 September 2011
The product was dispatched quickly and arrived in good condition. In uae they were easy to assemble and have proved to work well, plants have thrieved. A good assett to my veg garden corner
on 16 May 2010
It was great fun setting up the four planters in a spare corner of the garden. What a work and trouble free way to grow they seem to be. The seed potatoes have put up their first shoots already and I am looking forward to the moment when I can harvest my first potatoes.
Gardman Pack of 2 Reusable Potato Planters / Tubs
on 13 April 2011
I deliberately bought these items to grow potatoes because they were advertised as having two flaps for selective harvesting - I have seen similar items advertised and also ridig containers with similar access panels. However, this product has NO flaps which means you have to harvest the potatoes in one go. This advert is misleading.
on 5 February 2014
good value for money and arrived quickly. the plastic that has to be threaded through the top is a bib tricky to get in. This is to keep its round shape and open. Only just got it so can't comment on how well it will last but seems quite sturdy
on 8 November 2013
even though it does a great job at keeping the soil in, there are too many holes allowing the soil to dry much faster than a raised bed would do (for example). the bags need to be watered everyday without failing! and that is not fun!

See one answered question