5.0 out of 5 stars Truly WICKED!!
If you're into Musicals then this is right up your street! The show tells of the pre-Dorothy Oz and explores how those events came to pass and how the Wicked Witch of the West turned out the way she did! The CD has the majority of the songs from the show and begins with the death of the Witch - Noone Mourns the Wicked. From there we are taken back on time! What can I say,...
Published on 21 Aug 2004 by Ronny

3.0 out of 5 stars Nearly 4 Stars ...
May I give a rather different perspective on this CD?
I bought it before seeing the stage show - and I'm glad I did, since it helped me to understand the characters and follow the story. But listening to it wouldn't have actually persuaded me to see the show.
In my view, Wicked is one of those which is better visually than musically. Not that the music is poor -...
Published on 15 April 2010 by N. Gosney

‹ Previous | 1 2 317 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars everything is said in the name of the musical ..... WICKED, 11 Oct 2007
i knew some of the songs before going to see the musical live in London, and i have to admit that at the break i was in tears (really! lol)
some of the songs that i didn't really like on the cd really surpirsed me live,esp Dancing Through Life!
i just LOVE this song now!
the cd is really great and the musical even better!! :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic and simply Wicked!!!!!, 11 Jun 2007
N. Smith "Nicky" (London) - See all my reviews
The best musical in a long time and a great CD. I would have liked to have a version with Kerry Ellis singing. Idina Menzel is good but Kerry Ellis just has more depth to her voice and Defying Gravity is amazing, especially in the actual Show. Defying Gravity is fantastic, Popular-funny and I'm not that Girl is a lovely change of pace. See the show first then buy the CD both are well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 20 Jan 2007
J. Mace (Lichfield, UK) - See all my reviews
Well I'm hooked.

I bought this CD about a week ago and have not stopped listening to it since! Idina Menzel as Elphaba is extremely powerful and makes the wicked witch of the west into a truly believable character. The best track on the CD has to be Defying Gravity which I first heard on the Royal Variety and have been in love with since.

I think that one of the amazing things about Wicked is it's huge appeal to a wide audience. My family absolutely love this CD as much as I do. After buying and listening to the CD the first thing that you will want to do is book tickets to see the show in London! I did and cannot wait to go and see Kerry Ellis take the role of Elphaba. Joel Grey also makes a 'wonderful' wizard and even on the CD he plays the character amazingly. Another great song on the CD, 'One Short Day' really makes you want to step into Oz and go with Glinda and Elphaba as they discover the emerald city for the first time.

So what gives the CD such a magical appeal? I think that the wide variety of styles on the CD such as 'I'm not that Girl' and 'I am a sentimental man' greatly contrast to the brilliant 'What is this feeling'. It's the rollercoaster of different songs that I think makes this CD such a brilliant find. Also, the high energy nature of the CD means that you start on track one and listen to the end. An amazing start with 'No one Mourns the wicked' is soon followed up by Idina's first amazing number 'The Wizard and I' which shows just how powerful her voice is. From there on, the pace never stops and continues to a touching 'finale'.

Even if you don't like musicals as a general rule I would recommend this CD to you as a must have. Once you hear it you will be hooked!

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZINGLY WICKED AMAZINGLY WICKED AMAZINGLY WICKED, 10 Sep 2006
WICKED IS SUCH AN BRILLIANT SOUNDTRACK, TRUST ME! Idina Menzel's voice is amazing, she really stands out. but the songs! yes the songs are fantastic! especially "defying gravity" the majority of the songs especially the ones where elphaba (idina) is singing are so great. i cant use words to describe it. its just an amazing soundtrack you wont be disappointed, the songs are never boring they tell a story and the music is perfect, it'll make you want to go and see it! i have never seen wicked before but based on the soundtrack i would be willing to pay 50 60 and higher to see Wicked with Idina Menzel as Elphaba!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wicked is Wonderful, 8 Sep 2006
T. J. Talbut (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this CD for my daughters (10 and 8)in February on recommendation of their drama teacher - it is fantastic and has been played so much I am ordering a 2nd copy. We are going to see the show on Saturday (9/9) in London and are so looking forward to it - I'm going to have to stop my daughters ( and me!) from singing along. Buy the CD you won't regret it. It is truly amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Stage Show Ever :D, 25 Jan 2010
K. Evans "GibGal" (Gibraltar) - See all my reviews
After listening to the music from Wicked for over a year, I finally watched the musical whilst in New York. It's amazing! funny! Apparently London is just as good if not better than New York....I can't wait to find out :D

This CD has all the music from the show by the original (and best!) cast!

4.0 out of 5 stars A Wicked Show, 20 July 2007
Ms. Heather A. M. Moore "FILM ADDICT" (NOTTINGHAM UK.) - See all my reviews
I have heard a lot about the musical wicked and seen excerpts on t.v so I thought I would listen to the Cd.
I found the CD really enjoyable though it is a bit hard to understand if you dont know the story. I loved the songs Popular, Dancing Through Life and For Good which even made me cry. The leads have very strong vocals and listening to the CD has made me want to go and see the show live

5.0 out of 5 stars Wicked is Exceptional!, 13 April 2007
I visited London last September and saw all the posters up for Wicked without having a clue about it. I saw the exerpts from it on Children in Need and the Royal Variety performance so I thought I would buy the soundtrack (from Amazon 'cos it's a lot cheaper than anywhere else!) and put it in the car cd. I don't think I've played any other cd in my car since. I absolutely love it - my youngest son loves it and sings along, even reaching the high notes! My husband, who usually 'ain't bovvered' loves it - my brother loves it... you get the picture. We had the opportunity to see it in September but because I didn't know anything about it we chose to go and see Phantom of the Opera for the 5th time. Silly mistake! Phantom isn't the show it once was and Wicked looks fantastic. I shan't make the same mistake again. We're hoping to see it in June but to keep me going until then I have just purchased the books 'Wicked the Grimmerie' and 'Wicked' the novel!

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably great!, 26 Nov 2006
J. Cousins (Newcastle upon Tyne) - See all my reviews
I'm not usually a fan of musicals but I would go to see Wicked ten times again in a heartbeat. Idina Menzel is amazing in the flesh but even just hearing her sing on this soundtrack gives you goosebumps - her voice is unbelievable! Wicked is an amazing musical and listening to the soundtrack just makes you want to go and see it again!! No wonder it's usually sold out!

5.0 out of 5 stars simply... wicked!, 21 Jan 2006
By A Customer
Wicked is an amazing musical and this CD a must for any musical fan. The show itself will be opening in September 2006 at the Apollo Victoria, London. I advise you buy your copy now before people see the show as once Wicked hits England we will be in Wicked fever. I don't know of anyone that doesn't like this album and that's saying something! A MUST have!

‹ Previous | 1 2 317 | Next ›