Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 26 September 2013
The world's greatest ever music festival or a great well meaning cock-up? Woodstock has been called both over the years but it still remains the iconic music event in living history. The line-up was phenomenal, the whole atmosphere embodies the age and the music superb. This is a great record of Woodstock, watch it and enjoy!
on 20 March 2013
At first I thought I'd made a mistake with this but as I worked my way through it I realised there was so much extra on this. If you add the Directors cut and Woodstock Diaries (which are also worth a watch if you are a Woodstock fan) then you've probably got everything that was worth showing.
on 8 March 2010
Wow ! what a great collection.Sound is good considering the age of the film.The video on disc 1 is better quality than disk 2.However, this is a must have for those who can still remember this classic event & for those who missed it also.
Get it @ Amazon.
on 26 March 2016
This was only the second ever film I bought on video when video was new (the first was 2001: A Space Odyssey). They were both around the £45 mark but I didn't care; I HAD to have them. I used to go and see the film every Friday night at the Times Cinema in Baker Street, then go to the King's Road for flapjacks and maple syrup. I could never EVER see this film too often - not just for the amazing music but for the sense of time and place, the happiness and sheer delight of being with "my" people: sharing, caring, and thoroughly delightful. The Isle of Wight the following year didn't come close although I do have fond memories of it. Anybody who wants to see a generation united in every way, and who needs to experience some ultra-high quality music, This Is The Film You Need!
on 26 October 2013
No music lover in his or her fifties or sixties can ever forget the legendary Woodstock which represented the swinging sixties of USA.This bluray captures it all for posterity.wonderful product and delivered on time by amazon.
on 15 May 2014
Amazing coverage including clips of artists I had not seen before. Learnt a lot. Thoroughly enjoyed watching all four discs even though I was initially daunted at the length.
If you love sixties music treat yourself!
on 5 October 2009
Though I already had the director's cut on DVD, I wanted this great document plus all the extras on blu-ray. When the queen of the house is out I always pop up the volume, especially Janis, the Who and Jimi Hendrix.
on 7 February 2014
This edition of Woodstock has not only the director's cut of the movie but a number of very worthwhile extras and interviews. Also included are a number of partial or previously unscreened performances.
on 27 September 2015
Great seeing this again after so many years. There are loads of extras in this edition but the original movie is the main reason to buy this. The movie has been expanded with performances by Canned Heat, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin and the Hendrix section has been expanded. It's very easy now to view the naïveté of the "Woodstock generation" with a certain amount of cynicism, but for a while back then, it really did seem like we could change the world. So a greatly enjoyable piece of nostalgia. Oh, and if there is a better filmed rock performance than Santana's Soul Sacrifice, I've yet to see it.
on 16 November 2012
I bought this as I saw the film ages ago, but didn't remember there being so many add ons with people being interviewed. All worth it to see Jimi Hendrix still at the end of the DVD and this time all of his playing is shown.
Don't recall seeing Janis Joplin last time either, plus the Classic Country Joe MacDonald, Give me an F.
Loved the second number by Jefferson Airplane with Nicky Hopkins on piano, very good blues song.
Basically summed up by one of the spokes people, 'Three Days of Love and Music and nothing but Love and Music!'
Well worth buying good nostalgia kick.