on 24 January 2010
the last two of the four albums Jean recorded for Philadelphia International. On its own Sweet and Wonderful would be 5-star, her best album ever. The only reason for the 4-star review is that side 2 of when i find you love is rather dated in its narrow disco style. Still overall, superb vocals from Jean along with excellent writing, orchestration, production and playing from the PIR team.
on 21 February 2015
they are good albums. I like the music, it's groovy and cool. jean can has a great voice but has her moments when she spoils it with the oversinging and screaming at times. I find it annoying and unnecessary, if you have a good voice there is no need for all this showing off. some might find that amazing, I do not. hence the 3 stars.
on 2 June 2014
Two excellent albums by a soul legend. World class vocals, arrangements and production make this a worthy addition to any soul music collection. Very good mastering as with the other Edsel releases. Recommended.
on 25 October 2014
very good album
on 16 March 2016
great........
on 12 October 2012
I've been collesting music for years. This is a must for the collector, some great old grooves. Had to get this to replace my records and now I can play them in my car again, happy days!!
on 19 April 2009
Jean Carn is such an exellent singer. You must listen to these 2 albums. They are worth he money.