4.0 out of 5 stars Very usable bit of kit
Published on 26 May 2009 by rjj

1.0 out of 5 stars almost caused an injury
Only had this item for two months. In the middle of bending the spring, the handle came off and the bar went flying across the room!! Luckly was using it behind my head otherwise it would have smashed my chin if not worse. My wife was standing close by and it norrowly missed hitting her! very poor quality.
Published on 13 Nov 2011 by bizzy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Very usable bit of kit, 26 May 2009
This review is from: Bodi-Tek Power Bar (Sports)
I bought this to suppliment other pieces of equipment such as weights so that there is variety in the workout. It is well made and I agree that it does have a good feel to it that encourages usage. I'm very pleased with it and getting good results. Also, it is worth noting that the exercise sheet that comes with it is actually a good workout routine if followed from start to finish. Overall, a good purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good bit of kit, 24 April 2009
K. Page (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bodi-Tek Power Bar (Sports)
I bought this to replace a previous Power Bar which had been used daily for years (the spring becomes slack after a lot of use) and I am very pleased with it.

The Power Bar is simple to use and effective. It firms up shoulders, arms and chest and although it only does one job it does it well. The action of bending the spring gives a good "feel" to the exercise and encourages you to use it.

This new version is smaller and lighter than my old one so fits better in a bag or case, although being a bit smaller you have to use it more to get the same results.

The price is also good I think.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 8 Jan 2011
This review is from: Bodi-Tek Power Bar (Sports)
Just another piece of gym kit, well yes but this one does actually work very well. Ok so it's limited, arms and upper body only but rather than say limited how about targeted? You're going to need some upper body strength to start with as the spring is quite powerful, strong hands also you wont want to accidently let go of this under tension althrough it does have 'safety' wrist straps. It's one of those bits of kit you can just pick and use any time any place, just two minutes and you can feel the burn, I do ten reps each at waist, chest and eye level behind head, then repeat. It's how you use it that matters, effort in equals results out! I've been using various gym kit for years and this is the first bit of kit I've been really impressed with and written a review about.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just a tone, please, 12 Aug 2009
This review is from: Bodi-Tek Power Bar (Sports)
I was looking for something simply to tone the upper body a little and something that takes up little space. I came across this bar and it looked like what I wanted. It was inexpensive too.

Since having it I've found it easy to use - yes, a little limited, but I'm not seeking Charles Atlas status. It works for me and in conjunction with a couple of other pieces of similarly small footprint items helps provide a great exercise routine.

1.0 out of 5 stars almost caused an injury, 13 Nov 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Good workout, 31 May 2010
This review is from: Bodi-Tek Power Bar (Sports)
I have been after this piece of equipment for such a long time. I had one of these 25 years ago. It provides an excellent upper body workout. The only negative point to me was that the padded hand grips are a little small for my liking, but nevertheless and excellent piece of equipment

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 7 Mar 2010
This review is from: Bodi-Tek Power Bar (Sports)
This is a very good piece of equipment. Though the strength will always remain the same you can keep it further away or closer to the body to change the impact it has on your muscles. I'm an average guy and my hands literally shake a little when holding it in front of me, it's that good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, simple workout kit., 22 Nov 2011
This review is from: Bodi-Tek Power Bar (Sports)
I have been using this product for the last month or so, and it really is very handy if you don't have the time for a full session or just a quick workout. It includes a exercise sheet to follow, which is quite handy. So far i've had no problems with the power bar, everything is still in perfect working order. Can use it straight out the box with no assembly or anything required, really easy to use and fun. Just got to put in the time to make the most use out of it now!

4.0 out of 5 stars A real workout!, 22 Feb 2011
H. Woodford (Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bodi-Tek Power Bar (Sports)
This was bought as a Christmas present for my teenage son! It will certainly provide a challenge for him as it is really hard to bend! We had a scream on Christmas day with all the men in the family competing to see who could bend this furthest and fastest! It's not for the lighthearted! It's a well priced product and it's good quality. I would recommend it as a useful and reasonably priced addition to a home gymn!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product, 18 Nov 2009
This review is from: Bodi-Tek Power Bar (Sports)
If you have limited space to work-out then this is a great product. It's easy to store and a reasonable price.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›