5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty Bit of Kit
You might think it's a bit expensive, but I tell you it makes bottling up a dream. 38 pints in 10 minutes tops. I've used the 2 handed ones before and I really struggled. Used some Christmas money and got this and I'm so pleased. Properly good.
Published on 26 Jan 2011 by B. Ruddlesden

Had one of these bought for me as a birthday present. Unfortunately it just came apart on first use as the capper metal bowl gets stuck oto the bottle. Takes great force to separate again, worried that I would slice my hand open with the bottle the amount of pressure I had to exert.

Published 16 months ago by sad brewer

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty Bit of Kit, 26 Jan 2011
This review is from: Home Brew - (Colt Black) - Counter Top Bottle Capper (Kitchen & Home)

1.0 out of 5 stars Fell apart on first use, seller claims this is normal behavour!, 9 Aug 2013

After contacting the seller Brewsmarter they said that this haeppens, and that there is no point in replacing the capper as they all work similarly. Suggest that I should clamp it in a vice - not sure what they mean by that the bottle? The capper?

Not acceptable.

Also the quality of this feels very poor (and proven by the fact that it comes apart after the first use!).

Do not buy this piece of plastic junk.

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish I had this years ago., 5 Dec 2012
For the past few years I have struggled with a two-handed crown capper, with frequent mis-cappings. Then after speaking with a friend who had an old lever operated capper, I purchased this. It is so much easier than than the two handed crown capper (to date (10 gallons bottled) without a mis-capping) and significantly faster as well. I would have no hesitation in recommending this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sold it on, 2 Oct 2013
In the end I didn't need quite such an industrial-looking bottle capper, so never used it and sold it on again.
However I got great feedback on Ebay from the person I sold it to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Product, 27 Mar 2014
Came as described... very prompt service. I managed to cap a bottle on my first attempt and the magnetic capper helped. Perhaps not as heavy duty as I thought but seems robust enough to cope with what I need it to do. Overall very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 13 Feb 2014
Bought this to replace a two handed mangler that I have used for about six months. The two handed ones are fine for an odd brew now and then but after say two kits (80 pints) it starts to become a bit of a worry as to whether it will snap the neck of the bottle.
Anywhooo I digress :)
Used this out of the box on bottles and immediately felt the difference. Bottle in , capped perfectly and out in less than ten seconds. As opposed to the 45 seconds to a minute , depending on how the thing felt :) on my old two handled mangler :)
So even just for the time saving, 40 pints in about ten minutes with this one or 45 minutes with the mangler, you decide.
I know which one I would go for, and did :)
Get one and you will not be let down :)
Great product and , although a lot dearer than a mangler, well worth the price if you make a lot of home brew :)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great bit of kit, 31 July 2013
Mr. R. Leach (UK) - See all my reviews
After working with the two lever capper for years, I found it was getting more difficult to push the caps on and after breaking two bottles I thought I would try the counter top capper. it,s the best move I have made in brewing. It is the cream of the crop for capping. Don,t take my word for it. Buy one, you will not be disapointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars bottlecapper, 19 Sep 2014
Birthday gift for my son and he tells me its the best thing since sliced bread. Very very pleased with it. simple to use and caps bottles better than any other that he's had in the past. Brewing more beer now.!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars It works., 26 Aug 2014
R. Shand "Octy_Ross." (UK) - See all my reviews
It works.

Not much else to say really.

Need to fill space. It caps bottles though...

1.0 out of 5 stars pure muck. The whole thing explodes when the plastic ..., 24 Nov 2014
pure muck. The whole thing explodes when the plastic thread goes after 40 caps.

Home Brew - (Colt Black) - Counter Top Bottle Capper