Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£4.99

on 26 June 2010
After the lukewarm commercial reception of her previous album "My December," Kelly Clarkson returns to her pop rock roots for this simply superb record.
Working with a whole host of renowned producers including Ryan Tedder, Howard Benson and Max Martin, the result is Kelly's strongest album, puzzling then why at the time of writing (June 2010) this is her only album not to achieve a platinum certification in the US.
All that matters of course very little, as "All I Ever Wanted" is full of big choruses and catchy melodies, lead single "My Life Would Suck Without You" shows us the way, before "I Do Not Hook Up" and "Don't Let Me Stop You" continue on the same vein. (The latter should have been a single by the way)
Ballad wise Kelly's hits the nail on the head, "Cry" could make you do exactly that, "Save You" provides a moment of reflection, before her best song shows up in "Already Gone."
On the subject of "Already Gone," it is by far and away the best track on "All I Ever Wanted," and in my opinion her best track across all four albums. (Regularly makes it into my iPod's top 25 most played songs!)
If you found yourself somewhat disappointed with "My December" then I suggest you pick up a copy of "All I Ever Wanted" and listen with an open mind. The endearing result is a pop record that sits amongst the best of 2009.
Can it really be almost 7 years since Ms Clarkson's
success on American Idol ?

That she is still with us is perhaps evidence to support
the view that she may well be in it for the long haul.

'All I Ever Wanted', her fourth studio album, is a credible
and creditable affair. Highs and lows, to be sure but more
than enough to engage our attention from start to finish.

Ms Clarkson has a fine voice. It possesses focus, power and a
considerable capacity for dynamic and emotional expression.

We are in rockchick territory here and our heroine easily
keeps pace with Ms Perry ( two of her castoffs can, in fact,
be found here in 'I Do Not Hook Up, and 'Long Shot' ); Ms Pink;
Ms Lavigne; Ms Cyrus ( almost too close for comfort on
'If I Can't Have You', whose defining riff bears more than a
little resemblance to Ms Cyrus' recent release 'Fly On The Wall')
and even - don't laugh - Ms Sarkisian ( Cher to we mere mortals )
in certain moments.

Credits for co-authorship would appear to confirm a not insignificant
ability to write, as well as sing. In fact 'Already Gone' ( despite
a couple of badly clanging rhymes ) is a very fine song indeed.

'My Life Would Suck Without You', 'Don't Let Me Stop You',
'Impossible' and the cutesy 'I Want You' all rock out with
good grace and considerable energy.

'Whyyawannabringmedown', however, is an absolute stinker !

The album's highpoint, however, can be found in her rendition
of Ms Noble's power ballad 'If No One Will Listen'.
There are a few rough edges in the voice which make it
somehow more believable.
Maturity of vision combined with vulnerability make this
a world class performance. An unaffected gem in fact.

More than enough then to make the investment worthwhile.

"Good Job !" ( As our American friends would doubtless say).

Recommended.
Kelly Clarkson's fourth album is a superb run of great song after great song, several of which would make great singles. There's a wonderful energy to the songs and it's almost as if she's showing the recent crop of young pretenders exactly how it's done. Overall, as a complete album I think it's better than Breakaway. Difficult to imagine that Katy Perry wrote I Do Not Hook Up and didn't take it for herself - it's just so good, and when you hear it on the album after My Life Would Suck Without You, you just know that you're in for a good listen.

Kelly was amazing singing live on American Idol the other day, and has my respect for that. Other past contestants have come on before and mimed, but she really showed everyone why she was the first and still is the best of the American Idol winners.
this for me is kelly clarkson best album so far, you have up beat tracks like my life would suck with out you ... then you have her heart felt tracks like cry. the album is an all rounder for me , dont let me stop you is a great track if you are feeling down , gives you such empowerment. i liked kelly clarkson breakaway too and this is very similar in the types of music on there but is also a hint of my december on here as well. there has been imput on this album by kelly herself , ryan tedder (onerepublic) who helped write bleeding love for leona lewis so you know its gonna be good , also katy perry and kara dioguardi. this for me is the best album i have bought all year .. buy it and your see :)
on 1 August 2009
Great album, probably her best yet! Some great songs on there, her style of music is fantastic to listen to! There isn't a song on here that i wold say I don't like, which is brilliant for any album. If you like Kelly Clarkson then definately get this album!
on 19 July 2009
This album is definitely Kelly Clarkson back to her best.

If you liked her previous release 'Breakaway', you will love this album. Full of rocking pop songs like 'My life would suck without out', 'I don't hook up' and 'Don't let me stop you', and a few more soulful tracks like 'Cry' and 'Already Gone', this is the perfect album for driving with the windows down and the sun shining.

This album definitely ranks high up there alongside her smash 2nd album 'Breakaway'.
on 23 October 2010
She is a hot chic that sings great. The S1 DVD of American Idol should be bought by everyone, it is the best start to the series ever and should be watched by all fans of Kelly.
They have great settings and the quirks of the singers really impress me - especially the chic with nicely tinted hair that lives in a caravan and has a small boy to bring up - she is the real deal as far as a girlfriend could be too.
on 12 March 2009
Kelly Clarkson's previous album was sooo good! and she has kept up her standard! Amazing artist! This album is easy to listen to! Its got a song for all your moods! Catchy tunes, brilliant lyrics! Her voice is perfect! Feel like a dance.... the tracks are on here! Just want to chill....again on here! Pissed off....here too!!
MUST HAVE ALBUM!
on 25 March 2009
A masterpiece, without doubts. Incredible work, good lyrics, and powerful voice (in her is always the same, and is sooo amazing) The single is very good but all the rest of the songs can be a single. My favourites are Cry, If I can't have you, Impossible and of course, Whyyawannabringmedown! Buy this album!
on 27 January 2011
I was very disappointed with this. The singles she releases tend to be pretty good but sadly the rest of the album leaves a lot to be desired. Some are rather annoying and repeatitive and some so bland. It might grow on me but I'm not holding my breath and it has put me off buying any more of her stuff.