‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars GLOBAL SUPERSTAR, 19 May 2003
Pieter Uys "Toypom" (Johannesburg) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: Reeves: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Jim Reeves was a superstar that far transcended his Nashville country roots. I wonder how many people know just how popular Reeves was outside the USA? I know that his albums were a permanent fixture in the UK album charts all through the 1970s and in South Africa he was a superstar too, even appearing in a local movie called Kimberly Jim. This collection includes a fair selection of his greatest hits but is in no way a comprehensive anthology of his best loved tracks. My favourites are He'll Have To Go, Four Walls, Have I Told You Lately That I Love You, Distant Drums, Adios Amigo and When Two Worlds Collide. I was familiar with his music from my early days, long before I even knew what "country music" meant, and that shows this distinctive singer's wide appeal. Looking back now, I realise his style was more like that of Bing Crosby or Perry Como, i.e. middle of the road balladeering instead of roots country. Nevertheless, his warm voice is unique and truly soulful. Nobody will ever confuse his voice with that of any other singer, it's just too distinct! His material was always well chosen, so you get wonderful melodies and quality lyrics. Reeves remains a magical musical experience four decades after his death. I also recommend The Essential Jim Reeves and The Ultimate Collection, the latter containing forty glorious tracks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Memories, 6 Feb 2013
This review is from: Greatest Hits (MP3 Download)
Bought this album as it reminds me of my dad.

I would recommend this album to the older generation.

Easy to download.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definately picked the right gift!, 5 July 2009
J. M. Davis (Hertfordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Reeves: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
I picked this album for someone who is unwell at the moment and she loves it! It has helped her to relax and brings back lots of memories, so it certainly was a hit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest hits of a great singer, 6 July 2014
Pepper (Uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Reeves: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
This is a nostalgic album for me as I can remember as a boy many of the songs playing on my grandfather's radiogram. This is a really well chosen collection of all Jim Reeve's better known tracks and as the title suggests the Greatest Hits are all here. The album has been re-mastered well and despite the age of the tracks they are reproduced in reasonable quality - on some of the tracks such as Distant Drums there's a bit of hiss but it doesn't spoil the enjoyment of JR's crystal clear voice. Other tracks including He'll Have to Go and I Love You Because are as fresh as a current recording. A must have disc for JR fans. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent CD of Jim Reeves Greatest Hits, 1 Jan 2010
Mrs. Mary L. Glover "Amazon fan" (Jersey, C.I.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Reeves: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
This CD gives a really excellent trip down memory lane to remember what a great singer Jim Reeves was. It includes his best singles and shows what a versatile singer he was. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to have a lovely memory of Jim Reeves rich voice or to anyone who would like to listen to a good singer, singing very easy songs to listen to. It is a great way to relax.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jim Reeves greatest Hits, 24 Mar 2009
This review is from: Reeves: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Good value for money but lenghy delivery as the item had to be shipped from the USA.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 9 July 2014
Good as always

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 July 2014
This review is from: Reeves: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Good quality, bought for elderly clients where I work and they loved it

4.0 out of 5 stars Soothing, 28 Jun 2014
This review is from: Reeves: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Great background music. Great selection - good quality recording - received well before due date and great value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent CD, 3 Dec 2013
This review is from: Reeves: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Being an old wrinkly I have always liked the music of Gentleman Jim Reeves. Bought this nostalgic CD album to listen to his music again and I am not disappointed. Digitally remastered yes but still good to listen to!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›