4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality almost perfect.
I'm very impressed with this set of earphones its price is great and the quality of the music is near perfect. Its made from a very good rubber material and is very durable. They are also very stylish and the colour is amazing.
Published on 15 Feb. 2010 by House222

2.0 out of 5 stars good, but fall out of ears
These Gumy Headphones are of good sound quality.

However, I find that they fall out of my ears -- as they are a bit light.

Ideally, they would be a bit heavier and therefore stay more put once placed in the ears.
Published on 5 Jan. 2010 by C. J. Bexten

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality almost perfect., 15 Feb. 2010
However it might be just me but its not very good at isolating noise. For example when i listen to music on the bus i can hear more of the bus engines and outside noises then the music and this is very very frustrating. Even if i turn the volume up it still cannot fully block the noise out. Their also not very comfortable for me i sometimes find myself figgeting with them because they lie on the base of my ear and can fall out if i move my head a bit this is also a reason why it doesnt block noise out well it lies far from my ear.
Overall i would reccomend these but if your someone who wants noise isolation i would reccomend proper in ear ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars JVC Gumy Headphones, 14 May 2011
This review is from: JVC HA-F140-WE In-Ear Gumy Headphones - White (Electronics)
Best headphones i have owned. great value for money. very comfortable stay in well and are perfect lengh, sound quality is brilliant, bought a cheap pair cos i usually destroy my earphones and had these for over a year. These have been the best and most durable so far. They have been through everything and eventually broke a couple of weeks after i accidentally put them in the washing machine. will definitely be buying another pair

2.0 out of 5 stars good, but fall out of ears, 5 Jan. 2010
These Gumy Headphones are of good sound quality.

However, I find that they fall out of my ears -- as they are a bit light.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price you pay, 21 April 2011
I've purchased quite a few earphones in the price range of these, and I have to say these trump them all. Unlike a lot of earphones from this price range, these are very comfortable, I mainly use them wehn out and about or on my laptop, for ease of use.

The wires have never broken or even slightly teared; when I initially purchased them the wires had a lot of grip, so they would stick to my clothes and dangle around everywhere much less, which I guess could be an added bonus.

The only slight problem I've had was sound leakage, after a certain volume the earphones began to leak a little sound outside, which at very high volumes can be quite annoying/distracting.

However, aside from that qwerk the earphones: work fine; haven't broken/torn after a few months of continuous use; very comfortable and are worth the small price you pay for them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic quality for the price, 14 Jan. 2012
Bought the pink edition of these for my sister, and after I tried them, decided to get these white ones for myself.

After unpackaging the Gumy earphones, which is a little fiddly, but not too fustrating - you're good to go.

These far exceed the quality of the stock Apple earphones, offering a more responsive bass, warmer mid-tones, and a less intrusive treble (I've always found iPod earphones' output to be a little tinny). Simply put, these earphones radically outperform anything else you'd expect to get for under £5.

The build quality is also high the Gumy is also of a durable rubber, which makes it feel relatively sturdy.

Nevertheless, there are a couple of quirks, you should be aware of:

1) Fitting into the ear - it's not always a snug fit, and make take a little bit of readjustment to get them to stay firmly put in your ear.

2) Sound isolation - I've found that you do get a considerable degree of background noise seeping through and disturbing your music, when listening in loud public places. There's also a minimal amount of sound leakage in the opposite direction - if you're in a quiet environment, people might be able to hear what you're listening to!

These minor annoyances aside, the Gumy is a solid pair of earphones, and I've yet to find a different set of earphones that performance to the same standard at this price.

2.0 out of 5 stars Two "R" earphones, 13 Oct. 2013
Recently ordered these earphones, which arrived in good time, but when they got here I noticed that both earphones were for the right ear. Unfortunately, this is of no use to me as I have both a right and left ear.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Bargain, 30 Mar. 2011
Miss S A (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
These earphones were great for the price and the delivery was really fast.

PROS: Comfy fit in the ears; nice and loud sound; long cable length; looks cute; great price.

CONS: Sometimes they fall out of my ears; also a major flaw is when that i'm on the bus i know that people can hear the music coming out of the earphones.

Overall, for the price paid these earphones are well worth it and I'm going to my brothers a green and red pair.

=)

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing headphones!, 19 Nov. 2011
I used to have these headphones last year until I leant them to a friend (never got them back) but I wasntthat bothered because it made them happy, then I saw them on here a few weeks ago and ordereed them right away, i got the white ones, they are easily cleaned so down worry about them getting dirty, they have amazing quality and clarity and are very loud, so loud that if they are playing and i leave the room i can hear them, this of course is dangerous for your ears however so i would have them on loudest for long periods of time but thats very important to have when you get some of them really quite songs, I have tried 5 other headphones since my friend 'borrowed' them and they all have iether snapped, stopped working, broke, bad quality etc etc and i dont think i will ever want to use any other headphones than these, everyone at school has headphones because we listen to them in class and they all ask about these ones and where they can get them from as they think they are so good andthen when i tell them the price then within the next week I see that they have purchased some off of here, definately buy them, i doubt you will look back. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't Be Fooled By the Low Price-It's Quality, 16 Dec. 2011
These eardphones are an absolute bargain, ive spent around the £30-£40 mark and had earphones not as good as these, and that break much easier. Definately a smart purchase as these are extremely durable, like eardphones need to be, and if they get broken, replacing them isn't a big cost, or you could buy yourself another great colour instead. The sound quality from this style of earphone will always be better than the "bud" style, the narrow long ones that reach deep into yor ear, instead these are capable of producing a much richer, and deeper sound quality, no tinny-ness here.

I promise you these are at least equal, if not better sound quality than the £20-£30 apple in earphones, in arguably a nicer style. capable of the same volume and sound quality.

Big fan of these earphones, on my 4th pair, not due to them being delicate, but because they do get treated roughly, and to be fair they've survived alot, being stood on, car doors being slammed on them ect. something i fear apple or skull candy(eww awful sounding earphones) wouldve been broken by

Strongly recommend them. save yourself a great deal of money with these!

2.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, but not good sound quality., 9 Sept. 2011
M. Meah (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I thought i would give these a shot since they got good reviews, but they were not great.

JVC is a very well known company and one i trust, so i believed that these would be up to their standards. However, i was unfortunately wrong. The pros of the headphones are that the gummy earbuds are comfortable. They feel good to hold and in the ear, they are soft. The white colour is clean like Apple products.

The cons, and the reason i threw them out:
The sound quality is poor. I can only compare them to cheap earbuds from a £1 shop. There is NO BASS, not in the slightest. The midrange and high range seem very hollow and drowned. I just could not get anything to sound good with any EQ.
I tried them with my Son Walkman, Ipod 5th gen and Sansa Clip. Alot of wasted time trying to get them to sound good. They just dont.

So, dont get them. Not even for £1 :( Sorry JVC, but you gotta sort this out.