on 7 May 2012
Very prompt delivery. Long tunnel and good netting (no birds will get through this) although the netting could be wider - does not stay down on either side - we had to place stones along the length to keep the netting in place otherwise gap big enough for slugs, snails etc. to get under.
on 29 October 2011
Fairly priced product gave successful screening from rabbits / birds in our allotment for our parsnip crop, reuseable, light and easy to install for low growing crops or protecting small seedlings.
on 29 February 2012
Bought two of these to protect my cabbages and other plants from the pigeons.Well constructed and easy to set up from a recognised manufacturer.Excellent value with free carriage and really fast service;received next day by courier-would buy again from the supplier Strawberry Fields.
on 30 September 2012
I have found these types of cloche can be simply too expensive for what they are there to protect. But this one is a good make and good value. Not perfect as the ends have a sort of drawstring which is then gathered together and staked into the ground using the two supplied stakes but I have found these have broken after a few times the cloche was moved. So works best if you can plant, cover and leave and only remove when you harvest. But I find I was having to remove it to do weeding and the like and so the ends had to be regularly unstaked to allow the cloche to be removed. On one end the drawstring seemed to snap - on the other there is a sort of plastic gatherer that the drawstring loops through and that snapped. That all said would probably buy another but rethink the way of attaching the ends to the ground.
on 10 September 2013
On receiving the item I had to spend about one hour trying to thread the metal supports, this was a real test as they kept falling out each time I did the next one. Eventually i managed to cover my plants but to be honest this meant placing heavy objects on the netting to prevent it collapsing.
on 14 February 2012
I bought this as a Christmas present and my family said they were extremely pleased with the quality of it.
on 28 May 2015
Normally troubled by wood pigeons stripping spring cabbage, but the tunnels have put an end to that ! For the first time in years I've succeeded in growing perfect cabbages.
on 1 April 2013
Came promptly, as described, easy to use, and should last more than one season now need weathe to improve !
on 10 July 2014
this is excellent, I bought it to cover my cabbages and carrots, I have 1 mte raised beds so what I did was to cut it in half, and now I have got 2. easy to do, in fact I am going to buy another one soon brilliant.
on 13 May 2013
I bought this netting cloche along with a white mesh grow tunnel. Both are easy to erect and the push and pull over action of the netting makes access to the plants inside very easy. They have both been able to withstand gale force winds recently without having to use extra pegs to hold them down. The black netting is easier to see through than the white mesh, sor checking on your veg.
The cloches are fine for cabbages, broccoli and lettuce, but I won't be able to put brussels under as they will grow too tall. I am hoping they will keep out the cabbage white butterflies but it is early days yet. If they do, they will deserve 5 stars.