5.0 out of 5 stars excelent book, 23 Jan. 2007
Paulo Alexandre S. Teixeira (Faro, Portugal) - See all my reviews
I bought several PHP, Mysql and Dreamweaver books since I started learning Web Development about 2 years ago.

I found this book a few weeks ago and it has the right things in the right place. David Powers give us clean explanations and good advice to expand the capabilities of Dreamweaver with extensions, snippets, etc.

If you are a beginner or an intermediate Dreamweaver user/programmer I would advice this book.

Thanks for David Powers for this excellent book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent place to start, 11 Oct. 2006
Simon Y (Somerset, UK) - See all my reviews
If you have Dreamweaver 8 and you want to learn php I don't think that this book will be beaten. Instructions are very clear and, if you follow the exercises through, you will find that the book covers a lot of ground. It manages to go further than just button pressing in Dreamweaver. Highly reccomended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beginner Review, 1 Aug. 2006
As a complete newby to PHP , I find this book brilliant! You never get left behind and the tutorials are great. You really learn a lot from the hands on work. This is definitely a book for beginners and would highly recommend it to newcomers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book on dynamic website design, 26 Aug. 2007
Mr. V. Leigh (North Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
What an awesome book! Never have I read a computing / programming book which is so clearly written and well-structured. I rarely leave feedback after I purchase books, but this one really deserves a mention. The entire book is superbly written, with plenty of screenshots on each page, so you can follow the author's writing with ease. It's all based around a case-study with sensible ideas, such as a blog with images, and even how to restrict access to password-protected areas. At the end of each chapter, you really do feel like you've achieved so much. Upon completion of the book, I now have a good grasp of the PHP language, SQL database design, how to set up a local testing server, and much more. Also, I've been using Dreamweaver for a few years now, yet the author drops in quite a lot of good hints & tips of what you can do with the software, which I didn't even know were possible!

I really can't praise this book highly enough! If you want to learn about dynamic website design, this book will get you on your way in no time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Reference Guide, 4 Jun. 2007
I had an overdue project and just couldn't get my head around php and server side code. This book explained exactly what I needed to do, step by step, in clear and straightforward language. Despite my shaky knowledge of html and sql, this book helped me to create a working website with an sql database behind it in under a day. This is pitched exactly at beginners like me - it really doesn't miss a single step and the author explains everything clearly and even anticipates your mistakes. It's also in-depth enough for the more advanced designer, a really nice all round reference book. I cannot recommend this book highly enough and if I ever meet the author I will buy him a beer.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a good book, 23 May 2006
I highly recommend this book to whoever wants to build dynamic websites without too much pain. A fantastic read!

Foundation PHP for Dreamweaver 8