5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful sunflower
Fancy growing a beautiful giant yellow Sunflower?. These are magnificent plants. And they only take around five days to germinate the seeds. And a bonus, the seller is really good and has many other seeds in stock.
Published 17 months ago by Jason

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars
Hardly any grew
Published 18 days ago by Hayley

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful sunflower, 21 Feb 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Here Comes The Sun, 24 July 2013
This review is from: SUNFLOWER - GIANT Yellow 3 metre plus - 40 seeds
As I write this I am gazing upon a rather splendid two metre tall sunflower, its petals just beginning to unfold. It probably would have been a three metre giant, had I shown any great interest in its welfare when it was in the plant-world's equivalent of kindergarten, but I didn't. I simply shoved the seed directly into the soil way back in March and then I walked away. Oh, I watered it occasionally and I may have sung to it inadvertently while stumbling up the path after last orders following one over the eight... but I didn't protect it when it was small and I didn't nurture it in any meaningful way whatsoever. I'm that sort of gardener really - lazy and no believer in following instructions. And yet, this sunflower has thrived in spite of me. And, who knows, it may yet put on that extra metre growth spurt.

The survival instinct of my one sunflower appears even stronger when I tell you that I did in fact distribute the other 39 seeds liberally around the garden very much in the same sort of devil-may-care way I got rid of that one. It wasn't a lack of gardening skills on my part that did for the rest of them though: more, the fact that I ended up playing Grandmother's footsteps with a gang of pigeons who had obviously had me and my seeds under very close surveillance. Whether they were eating the seeds themselves or simply uncovering them for somebody else I have no idea. All I do know is, 39 sunflower seeds never lived long enough for me to neglect them. Of course, had I taken the whole thing a bit more seriously and planted them in pots in my little PVC greenhouse first well, who knows what might have happened?

I have to say though, in hindsight, I am quite glad I haven't now got forty giant sunflowers towering over me whenever I go outside as I am beginning to find the one I have got more than a little bit sinister. It already reminds me of the 'All-seeing Eye' and it hasn't even unfolded itself fully yet. I think forty of them might have been more than I could handle. Quite apart from the fact that my garden would have looked a bit too much like the one from 'Teletubbies' for my liking.

5.0 out of 5 stars stars, 18 Aug 2010
This review is from: SUNFLOWER - GIANT Yellow 3 metre plus - 40 seeds
good product. Mine are almost as tall as me after 2-3 months (i'm 5ft 10.) No flowers yet but I'm happy with them. some got munched on by caterpillars but after some repellent, they are thriving. 3 planted, 3 growing. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Giant Sunflower, 23 Jan 2014
This review is from: SUNFLOWER - GIANT Yellow 3 metre plus - 40 seeds
Ordered these seeds last January.

The seeds gave fower to a giant sunflower well over 3M high. Was in flower all summer. Very pleased with the order.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sunflowers seeds - Giant yellow - A1 gardens 2010, 4 April 2010
H. Passmann (Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SUNFLOWER - GIANT Yellow 3 metre plus - 40 seeds
Writing a review for seeds is kind a tricky, unless you first wait a few years while you grow the plants. However one month after receiving and planting the seeds, I already have a small plant in excess of 36 centimetres tall. It certainly seems to aim for the 3 meter length.

Five out of five seeds planted spouted. Packaging was good.

5.0 out of 5 stars not 3m but still gorgeous, 1 July 2011
This review is from: SUNFLOWER - GIANT Yellow 3 metre plus - 40 seeds
every seed in the ground made a full grown plant. still growing but it's about 1.2m the tallest. see pictures!

UPDATE: Second year and still beautiful flowers in front of the house, even as late as in September.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 17 July 2013
This review is from: SUNFLOWER - GIANT Yellow 3 metre plus - 40 seeds
All the seeds took, we have a handful of large sun flowers in our garden as we speak. Very pleased

5.0 out of 5 stars They are great, 31 Dec 2012
This review is from: SUNFLOWER - GIANT Yellow 3 metre plus - 40 seeds
I can't believe the size these plants grew to - definite 4 metres with some of them and they looked brilliant - so much so - just ordered another pack of seeds for 2013 - can't wait .thanks .

5.0 out of 5 stars Stupendous, 18 Jun 2012
This review is from: SUNFLOWER - GIANT Yellow 3 metre plus - 40 seeds
Great seeds. Fantastic on the depression front when you've got one of these beauties in full bloom. Also extremely useful for garden birds in early autumn. I love these things.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 31 Jan 2012
This review is from: SUNFLOWER - GIANT Yellow 3 metre plus - 40 seeds
I planted these last year, in a hidden corner.
Saw how they grow these in Italy and planted a lot together which brightened up a vary dark corner.
Then used the heads to feed the chickens
Will buy again