5.0 out of 5 stars mind blowing, 25 Feb 2004
This review is from: Titanic-The Musical (Audio CD)
I had heard about this musical and just thought "oh yeah another musical I bet the music is really bland"
As usual I was wrong. I am one of those people who are more comfortable listening to what I am familiar with and don't give unfamiliar music a chance. However my best freind Nikki played the CD to me and it was mind blowing. Imagine all of your favorite musical songs rolled into one.
LIsten to the opening numbers and you will see what I mean.
It's never been toured in the UK but I believe it is on it's way to the Liverpool Empire Theatre in June 2005. I will be in the frount row. It's amazing!

5.0 out of 5 stars TITANIC - THE MUSICAL, 5 Feb 2004
This review is from: Titanic-The Musical (Audio CD)
This is a wonderful CD of a show never seen in the UK. The music is very stirring and reminiscent of Les Miserables at some times, Gilbert & Sullivan at others and very moving. It tells the true story of the legendary Titanic, not like the film, and I look forward to seeing the first UK production which will be in York in May 2004.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful, 11 April 2008
G. Stevens "filmfiend" (london, england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Titanic-The Musical (Audio CD)
I recently was given a ticket to see an amateur production of this musical at the Shaw Theatre in London, and was really expecting the worst-west end/broadway show tunes belting out! How wrong I was-the overture and first 5 or so songs are sung as a passage that is incredibly moving, and really captures the excitement, glamour and hopes of the maiden voyage. The styles of musical are unusual, some of which sound like beautiful hymns, and much of it is sung by large groups, and sung powerfully. I love this cast recording, and although the Broadway show must have been incredibly spectacular with the hydraulic stages and huge cast, the music stands alone. Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sail on, sail on, great musical Titanic!, 14 April 2010
P. J. Chiverton "PJC" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Titanic-The Musical (Audio CD)
I can thouroughly recommend this CD. I appeared in an amateur version of this show at Reading in 2008 and it was marvellous to sing - my favourite show to appear in I think. The opening section just builds and builds as the excitement of third, second and first classes boarding the great ship is communicated to the listener. The variety of styles (in one place G&S, in another 1920s (ok a bit out of time) rag, hymnlike, and while there are memorable solos and duets for me the big choral numbers are stupendous. It's never been in the west end of London - perhaps one hundred years after its 1912 sinking someone will take it there. I'd go and see it!! Much better and more faithful to true life events (inevitably you can find some changes for dramatic reasons) than the Cameron film of the same era. I can highly recommend this CD!

5.0 out of 5 stars Titanic, 28 Dec 2009
This review is from: Titanic-The Musical (Audio CD)
This is a much forgotten musical which for some odd reason did not run for long in the west End. The music is however excellent and I recommend it to any lover of musical theatre.
Please do not confuse it with the sound track of the more recent film, this is much superior.

5.0 out of 5 stars Farewell, farewell! Godspeed. Titanic!, 18 Jan 2014
This review is from: Titanic-The Musical (Audio CD)
Great musical. Fantastic music and lyrics. The songs are memorable. The recording is abridge but you get a very good sense of the whole show from it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Move over Les Mis, Titanic has upstaged you in my heart!, 7 Aug 2013
This review is from: Titanic-The Musical (MP3 Download)
I've just been to see Titanic at Southwark Playhouse. I booked tickets as I'd seen a couple of shows there last year directed by Thom Southerland (Mack and Mabel, Victor/Victoria) and both were superb. Not having heard the score I bought an MP3 download here and I was hooked!This isn't anything like a jukebox musical, more operatic with sweeping melodies, sensitive and funny lyrics, full bodied characters (many based on real people) and it haunted me from about the second playing (maybe the first!) If you like musicals with goosebump moments this is for you. And yes, we know the ending but don't let that put you off - I was willing the ship to miss that iceberg!

5.0 out of 5 stars Titanic Musical., 17 May 2012
This review is from: Titanic-The Musical (Audio CD)
Did not know this musical existed until taken to a venue on the anniversary of the sinking of the great ship to hear this beautiful and moving music.....looked on the internet and found the album.....I was not disappointed....

4.0 out of 5 stars Godspeed, Titanic!, 31 Mar 2012
This review is from: Titanic-The Musical (Audio CD)
I'm about to play Frederick Fleet in a local centenary production, but there will doubtless be times when I'll be wishing I was out in the audience, savouring the full glory of this outstanding creation. Maury Yeston's stirring interpretation of this most famous of ocean voyages features some of the finest music ever written for the stage, with suitable nods to the prevailing social moods and upbeat waltzes of the Edwardian era, especially the breezy Doing The Latest Rag and What A Remarkable Age This Is. There's the Strauses' moving duet Still, the wistful Lady's Maid and the soaring tributes to the ship itself Sail On/Farewell Titanic! The liner's terrible last moments are graphically described in the horror of Mr. Andrews' Vision, a desperate lament which, musically at least, evokes Javert's suicide in Les Misérables. Several original songs are excluded from this recording (one star lost), and for continuity's sake more than a few vamps are either ruthlessly condensed or eliminated altogether. To be sure of the full score, refer to the show's prompt and vocal books. But what remains amply compensates; the legend of Titanic will indeed sail on, and this thrilling musical epic deserves to be a treasured part of its cargo.

5.0 out of 5 stars great cd, 24 Feb 2012
Mrs. N. Quinn (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Titanic-The Musical (Audio CD)
I received my cd of Titanic and I must say I waS thrilled with it! I was so thrilled I ordered another one for my friend!

Titanic-The Musical