Format: DVD|Change

on 18 April 2014
not that exciting, it is quite boring in fact. not the type of film that I would want to watch again
on 1 January 2015
watched it over and over
on 3 March 2015
very good ..nice man..
on 16 June 2016
Great, fast delivery.
on 17 April 2016
Very heart touching!
on 17 May 2009
I will keep this brief as the only reason I am writing this review is to challenge the negative reviews posted against Seven Pounds! I can see why people have slated this film as it makes you feel emotionally drained afterwards. I notice that it has been described as morally bankrupt for glamorising the ultimate sacrifice. I feel this is unfounded and wonder if peoples opinion would be the same if this were released as a novel. Also i find myself suspicious that some peoples reviews are result of emotional backlash and not of a more genuine critisism.

In conclusion this is a staggeringly beautiful and compassionate tale rendered tastefully and in my opinion without Hollywood glamourisation.

Miss it - miss out!

Regards
on 30 January 2015
Excellent all round
on 11 August 2010
A very emotional and a very well acted film. Full of suspense and surprises. I cried so much during my first viewing and thought that this was the best performance I have seen from Will Smith. I watched the film again with other family menbers two days later and we were all gripped with intrigue.
I guess the moral of the story is that others can benefit very well or very badly from your actions, but the perpetrator can never escape from the bad consequences, until he is able to forgive himself and receive forgiveness.
VINE VOICEon 8 November 2009
Will Smith is an IRS officer Ben Thomas, he's trying to find people he needs to audit as part of his job, and when he meets Emily Posa (Rosario Dawson), he falls in love with her. The only problem is that Ben isn't who he claims he is, and he doesn't know what he can do for the best, his past is so dark, but could his future be light, or could it just be another disaster, which has filled his life since that day 7 people died as he was at the wheel of a car?

This is an amazing film directed by Gabriele Muccino, who has worked with Smith before on The Pursuit Of Happyness, and the pair really seem to work well. His supporting cast were amazing too, especially Woody Harleson as the blind guy Ezra, and Rosario for her role as Emily. The film just feels you with so much emotion it's incredible - this is unusual from a Hollywood movie. If you thought Love Story was heart wrenching, you should watch this. Everything from fear, anger, resentment, love, sadness, enlightenment and happiness will fill you during the 2hrs this runs, this is how powerful the writing is, and well accompanied by the filming and direction.

This Blu-Ray is amazing too, and again shows Sony are the kings of High Def. The quality is breath taking and smooth, with an MPEG 4 video, you'll be astounded by the quality of this picture. All the colours look really crisp and clear, and the tones, shades and contours look good. The sound is amazing too, delivered in 5.1, even an audio descriptive channel, which actually uses the 5.1 system too! The dialogue is clear and the sound is like the band were next to you in the living room.

The extras are interesting too, with a featurette "7 Views on 7 Pounds", where 7 members of the crew are interviewed about the movie; a few extra deleted scenes and commentaries from Gabriele Muccino make this a must-own Blu.

I'm sorry if I've gushed a lot about this movie, but it's really been a good watch, and I'm about to order it, as I don't think renting it is enough, I will want to see this again and again.

A clear masterpiece, one of the top ten films of the naughties.
on 31 December 2010
I bought this dvd for my stepdad for Christmas, as I had already seen it a year ago and I thort it was amazing. Watching it a second time I had forgot how incredibly slow it was and at times boring. The beginning is great, the ending is great and it has a few good bits in the middle. The first time you watch it its very confusing but it all falls into place at the end with a twist which I like. Its well worth watching, its a film you will be glad you did watch...but once is enough.