4.5 out of 5 stars1,258

VINE VOICEon 24 July 2010
Nice quality silk, arrived quickly. The best bit though is it stays on all night. Usually I find eye masks slip off during the night resulting in waking up with the dawn. It is so good to have a product that does what you expect it to.
on 23 May 2009
Starting with what this isn't. If you're looking for a sleep mask that completely blocks out all light, doesn't touch your eyes, and stays clamped to your head no matter what, this is not the mask for you. Personally, I'm just looking for something that blocks out a reasonable amount of the ambient light to improve my sleep, and I don't mind the feel of the mask on my eyes. But I do have quite sensitive skin and this is the first mask I've owned that I haven't, sooner or later, reacted to and woken up looking like a panda. The silk is just lovely, a natural fibre, and really really soft. The elastic's not too tight - enough to stay on but not so much that it feels really clamped to your head. As a basic sleep mask this is the best I've found.
0Comment|210 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 February 2016
Have had this for a year and a half now and it is still as good as new. Very comfortable, good light blocking. The silk is wonderfully soft. I thought I might find it uncomfortable to wear a mask, but I get on with this one very well. The elastic is firm enough to stay in place but stretchy and soft enough to feel very light to wear. The strap is adjustable and there is an extra "flap" over the nose area to block light that leaks this way.

Originally bought this because our curtains were too thin for the summer mornings - my partner runs a bar so we sleep a little later than most. Cheaper than a new pair of curtains! Now I take it wherever I travel - I work around the country, staying in different B+Bs, etc., and I prefer pitch black for sleeping. Any light filtering in from under doors or the street is cancelled out.

Also great for sleeping in with a hangover!
on 18 June 2012
Bought this as I am now on night shift. May as well throw my curtains away. It has an adjustable strap and gives complete darkness even when sleeping on your side, I woke up and thought I was blind the first day I used it, it's so comfortable I forgot it was there. Would recommend this to anyone who needs complete darkness to sleep. 2 Thumbs up.
on 8 August 2009
Like a previous reviewer, I am male and have a need for daytime sleeping, and frankly I wish I had found this sooner.

It is extremely comfortableto wear, the elastic is gentle but strong enough to hold on despite my being pretty restless as a sleeper. I also have a large hat size and they cope perfectly with that too. There is no pinching feeling even after wearing them all through my sleep.

I have a sleep disorder, and whilst these don't cure it they help me ENORMOUSLY to get sleep in the daylight hours which I need in order to cope with daily living. (I have Fibromyalgia and suffer non-restorative sleep and need to sleep through into the daytime every day, I also have light sensitive issues that causes pain without a mask.)

My quality of life has improved quite noticably becuase of improved daylight sleeping using this mask.

I realise it may not be such an 'epiphany' for many others, but even if I were not multi-disabled I would benefit from not having to face the bright sun in the mornings long before rising from bed. This is far cheaper than full blackout curtains and blinds, and portable too so you get the blackout in any room you choose.

I disagree with the reviewer who says this does not block out all light, because it does for me. It is utterly black when wearing the mask, and the mask has my familys 'big 'KONK' to deal with.

I can not fault this for comfort nor effectiveness in any way whatsoever. So much so that my 6yr old son now has become jealous and wants one as he now sees both Mum and Dad wearing this mask. Mum uses it to try and help relieve migraines, so as a result I just bought another one for her too.

An absolute must for a few quid considering the improvemnt they make and how blisfully comfy they are.

Go ahead fellas, don't be shy, get that extra sleep you always wanted.

Fellow Fibromyalgia (FM) sufferers, you MUST buy this to aid your sleep, comforatbly and non-pharmacologically.

Regards

Baz
1414 comments|193 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 April 2016
Male 6ft 12 stone big konk. Nice fit, totally dark, can open eyes underneath which I like.

Suitable for sensitive irritated skin. Light weight.
on 26 June 2009
Our bedroom is very bright in the mornings and I had been searching for an effective and comfortable eye mask for some time. That is until I discovered this little beauty!

Previous purchases taught me that the most expensive mask available on Amazon was extremely bulky, making lying side down on a pillow very uncomfortable - not to mention hot when it's warm weather. Whereas standard eye masks from pharmacies, supermarkets and airports had extremely tight elastic and were made of cheap manmade fabric, causing me to sweat profusely.

Being 100% silk (even the elastic is surrounded by ruffled silk), it should go without saying that this luxury eye mask feels extremely soft on the skin. It allows your skin to breathe and probably most importantly, blocks out all light.

So whether you want an effective sleep aid or a bit of luxury on your next long haul flight; I would say this is the perfect eye mask for the job.

Furthermore, the service from the seller Jasmine Silk is absolutely first class, taking delivery of the product the very next day on both occasions I have ordered (My wife made me order one for her.... and yes, I am a bloke writing this review, so it must be good!!)

This luxury product would be a bargain at 3 times the price. Highly recommended.
22 comments|91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 July 2010
It is so comfortable and blocks out all the light, found I have to put a couple of hair grips to keep it in place as I cannot find how you are supossed to adjust the strap as it states in the advert that it is adjustable? I would buy another as it is so gentle on your eyes, but an adjustable strap would be brilliant.
on 14 September 2011
feels lovely, soft, silky and keeps the light out but very disappointed that within no time at all the elastic has stretched and the mask slips down to your nose or up to your forehead, should have got one with adjustable band.
on 6 August 2013
This silk is really beautiful, and soft, and the mask blocks the light very effectively. I'd definitely consider buying it again next time I need a new one. However, I do feel that it could be an awful lot better in terms of how well it's filled. The part that goes around the nose has no filling at all, which makes it a little uncomfortable, unfortunately. Just a little silk filling here would easily take this mask from a '3.5 star probably buy again' to a '5 star definitely buy again, and again, and again!!' The mask itself could do with just a bit more filling, too, to make it softer against your face. Actually, if they did change the design in this way, I'd probably buy several masks from them every year! (I'm sure for most people these masks would last a very long time, however I have to wash mine constantly because I have really bad night sweats, which definitely lowers their useable life, at no fault to the supplier.)

I do love the new adjustable strap though! Definitely an improvement to the one on the mask I bought from Jasmine Silk a couple of years back! It's well designed and very comfortable. The little adjuster part is nice and slimline and doesn't dig into your head at all while you sleep. :)

All in all, I'd recommend this mask to anyone, though if I found a supplier making a softer version, I'd quickly switch to them.