4.0 out of 5 stars Great value

2.0 out of 5 stars Tinny sound
Published 14 months ago by Eunice A. Price

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 9 July 2013
This review is from: auna TC-386WE Retro Hifi Stereo (Twin Tape Deck, Record Player & CD Player) - Black (Electronics)
I bought this stereo system after reading good reviews for it on another website ([...] I mostly bought it as I have recently been getting into vinyl collecting (thanks to my girlfriend!), and wanted a decent, good value system to play them on. I was not at all disappointed. The record player on it works very well, and seems to play most vinyl (new and used) without a problem. The only trouble I have had so far is when playing some of my parents' old 7" singles on it, but I suspect that is due to the extremely worn condition of the records themselves rather than the record player. The CD and twin tape deck both work perfectly well, and the radio seems to have very good reception.

The only major problem I have with this stereo system is the speakers - they are pretty terrible... very tinny and flat sounding. However, I have another, much better set of speakers at home which I was able to connect to the stereo instead.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this product, aside from the aforementioned poor quality sound of the speakers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Music centre, 16 Jan 2014
After reading several negative comments (over several sites)was nearly put off buying this music centre. However I'm glad I did, yes whilst the sound reproduction is not perfect it is more than acceptable. Only negative I really have is the plastic it is made from is a bit flimsy for the tape deck but handled with care should last. I look forward to listening to the rest of my old LP collection and tapes.

Don't be put off by the bad reviews for the money it is good value.auna TC-386WE Retro Hifi Stereo (Twin Tape Deck, Record Player & CD Player) - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Tinny sound, 10 Oct 2013
The speakers looked better than the picture without the round things on the front, but the sound quality was very tinny. Putting it into operation was very straight forward and I was looking forward to hearing old records again, so was disappointed at having to return it. Also the large records extend over the edge of the player and would not fit into my carefully measured space. For the money it probably was reasonable, I just wanted a better sound.

3.0 out of 5 stars Retro Hifi Stereo (Twin Tape Deck, Record Player & CD Player, 16 Jan 2014
It looks good. It was delivered in perfect condition. For me, the volume isn't what I hoped for, (I like my music loud)! The bass isn't quite what I would have preferred. I apologise for being a moan. Please don't take offence. Regards.

3.0 out of 5 stars Compact but ok, 2 Jun 2014
Bought this a couple of months ago and have just started using it. It comes with a 2 pin plug, which means you need a shaver adapter to use it in the UK. Contrary to the specifications, it records to MP3 at 128kbps, not 256kbps!

The radio is ok (for analogue), the sound is a little weak (lacking bass). It also comes across sounding a little "tinny". Also, track separation for cassette is manual (you have to hit a button on the remote, not found on the stereo itself)

The turntable has 2 speeds, 33 & 45rpm (not 78) and even with X bass (and headphones) on, it sounds very distorted and lacks bass.

Not overly happy with this purchase and should have shopped around first.

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your monet, 5 April 2011
This was cheap and I got what I paid for. Tacky is perhaps the best way to describe it. Everything about it is shoddy. It was made in Germany supposedly,if so, then their reputation has gone down drastically.

1.0 out of 5 stars Please do not buy., 2 Sep 2014
This is an absolutely horrible product. The speakers give horrible audio and the turntable does not play the record at the correct speed making the record sound slightly too fast. Please do not buy this product if you're looking to get into playing some old Vinyls. Invest in a proper turntable and separate speakers. Do not cheap out on something like this, even if it is just temporary. Even on the amazing Sennheiser HD 600 the records still sound terrible on this device. 100% regret my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars auna Retro HiFi Stereo, 1 April 2014
Speedy delivery, well packed,very pleased with this purchase. It's every thing we want it to be.works well easy to use and compact.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bought this on 31 January 2014 specifically for record player ..., 21 Oct 2014
Bought this on 31 January 2014 specifically for record player and CD player. Eight months later there was a grating noise every time I put on a CD. The system then cut out altogether when I switched it on. Initially I thought it was to do with the plug as the system came with a two prong plug rather than a standard three prong British plug (I had to buy an adaptor to fit the two prong plug before plugging into the mains). When the system cut out I switched it off at the mains and then switched it back on again. When it did come back on again and I tried the USB; the selection number kept cutting out and reverting back to the beginning during play. It seemed to me as if the components were all starting to break down. So far the record player is still working when the system comes on. In my opinion it is not robust enough for all components built into it; and as such weakens the whole unit. I would not buy this music centre again. I will stick to buying a record player and CD player separately next time.

2.0 out of 5 stars It was a sheer delight taping cds/records once again, 13 Oct 2014
I bought this to replace old hi-fi, which had lasted about 25 years. It was a sheer delight taping cds/records once again. Was even more amazed when it could record records/tapes as MP3. 4 months in and frustrating things were starting to happen. The power on any mode apart from radio would flash on and off, and would not play record, tape or cd. Cd drawer would not open. I was troubleshooting power supply, but there was nothing obvious. Aside to say shortly after the flashing, the unit would not even power up. I am returning it. It is shoddily made, which is surprising for a German company. Aside to say, as much as it has huge potential, do not buy this product.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›