4.0 out of 5 stars Start of something really HUGE, 17 April 2011
Miles (Winthrop, Maine, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Just Ear-Rings (Audio CD)
So...my experience with this amazing band started when a friend played an LP called Eight Miles High when I was in my second year of High school in 1972....I was so impressed that after 39 years I am just as impressed with the band now in 2011. That friend had another possession that am also still into...audio gear, he had a Marantz 1060 intergrated amp. After Moontan came out I was hooked big time. To me...just my opinion...Golden Earring is actually the greatest Rock band as far as consistantly good musical output. I much prefer them over The Stones. Don't get me wrong now, I have great respect for the Stones and all but to me after the Mick Taylor years I just can't get into more than one or two songs on each release that the Stones have put out, while I truely enjoy every song Golden Earring has done since day one.George Kooymans and Rinus Gerritson have been writing songs together longer than the Jagger/Richards duo and I'm not one to base an opinion solely on the amount of records sold but by the likeable content of the output...to each his own...In 1999 I picked up on the Euro only release of 3 Originals, which is the first three Earring releases on two Compact discs and 13 bonus tracks so this is not the first time this release has been put out on CD but I'm hoping the remaster of the first three I just ordered here will sound even better. I also have the 18 Red Bullet reissues as well as everything else they have out I can get my hands on...which is most of the original vinyl relesed in the states..except I'm still trying to track down Just Earrings on vinyl! I do have 34 release on CD and 19 on vinyl...and I hear they are working on a new release for 2011...yeah! And actually the same four guys in Earring have been together since the lp Golden Earring ( Wall of Dolls ) which was in 1970 Ceaser joined in late 1969 ..cheers

5.0 out of 5 stars Nederbeat belter, 8 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Just Earrings + 6 (Audio CD)
1st Earrings album from 65.
A corker of an album for fans of 60s beat.
Great beaty sound,no fuzz boxes or the like,just those lovely old semi-accoustic guitars cranked up through those lovely valve amps with the rhythm guitars really up front in the mix,boomy bass drum and tight snare drum.
polished sound but with a harder edge than say,The Hollies.
Not quite freakbeat but sometimes delivered at breakneck pace.
I really believe the Dutch give the Brits a run for their money in this department,of course they have a sound of their own.
Great album that stands up to just about anything from the period.
Bonus tracks are excellent especially the last one "Smoking Cigarettes"which is obviously from a different session as it is dated 1966 and has a slightly mod soul flavour and it just sticks in your head.
Recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Just Ear-Rings (Audio CD)
classic ge love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars IT'S ABOUT TIME, 23 July 2009
J. W. Fluke (Upper Darby, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Just Ear-Rings (Audio CD)
This record is making its very first appearance in Britain, although it came out in Holland in the mid 1960's. The bonus tracks are appropriate mono singles. Nice package and marvelous remastered sound. Highly recommended.

Just Ear-Rings
Just Ear-Rings by Golden Earring (Audio CD - 2009)