Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn more Shop now Shop now

on 4 June 2009
The Pentax x70 is perfect for those who want to progress from the standard compact digital camera but are unsure about the digital SLR just yet. It features 12mp and 24x Optical Zoom which is great for really clear close-ups as well as the larger landscape shots. The Autopic setting allows for the camera to decide on the settings automatically depending on the surroundings, light levels etc. There is also an option for manual settings where the photographer can edit the ISO, aperture, flash, light levels etc. The Scene setting gives a range of different scene options with the settings already organised and ready to use. The x70 also features a pop-up flash, which can be a hassle but means that the flash doesn't randomly go off, and you don't have to carry around a separate one. The x70 also features face recognition and Smile Capture, where when a smile is detected, a photo is automatically taken.

Overall, the x70 is light, relatively compact and very easy to use, without compromising on the quality of the shots. Great for someone who needs a step up from the compact digital camera but who is not yet ready to take on the DSLR.
0Comment|100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 October 2009
I'm just moving from "snaps" to more serious stuff, and I think this is a fairly easy to use camera, with some impressive features. The optical zoom is very good, although the motor is a little quick, takes a bit of getting-used-to. Image stabilisation is excellent. Digital zoom can be quite noisy, depending on the light conditions, but I have taken some fairly good shots on 150x.
Complaints:-
1. Battery life (170 - 250 shots, less if you use the video or delete a lot. My advice is use a big card - I have 8gb which gives me 1,700 shots on best quality - and do your deleting on the PC).
2. No remote or filters available.
Thus only four stars.
Finally, I got a monopod, and it made a huge difference to the quality of my pictures, particularly panoramic. Overall I'm very happy with this camera.
on 1 August 2010
The degree of zoom is brilliant, and the camera is very light for a camera of this quality. I've enjoyed using it.

But:
1) It's not a good camera to use in the rain: the lens is not protected and the camera plays up if wet;
2) The lens cap does not come with a cord to attach it to the camera: minor but annoying;
3) I find it works less well than cheaper cameras for pictures of people inside;
and, biggest but, the buttons stopped working after 10 months use, and it took five weeks to get it sent away and fixed under guarantee, so I missed photographing my daughter's graduation and a week's summer holiday.
on 11 January 2010
Not being a photographer I was looking for something simple to use, that would take good pictures without the need for extra equipment to be carried. This camera fills all the requirements. My only coments would be i) that the zoom lens is not as smooth as I would have expected of a camera at this price and difficult to stop where you want it to and ii)I do not like looking at manuals on the PC I much prefer a paper version to sit and look at. Pentax do not give that option - I ended up printing out the manual over 370 pages!
on 9 July 2010
Very fast delivery,we had an issue that was resolved extremely quickly and to a high standard would recomend this seller
on 3 September 2015
I have owned this Camera since 2009 and I am delighted with it. Sadly this model is now discontinued.

See one answered question