5.0 out of 5 stars Superb coat, excellent waterproofing, looks great, proper hood made of the same material. I love it!
I love this coat!

I've had several waterproof jackets in the past, but borrowed a coat similar to this from a friend recently to go out in a rain shower.

What I love about this is that the jacket is well cut. By this I mean it is not excessively baggy. Every other coat I have had hangs off you and doesn't look great. This is sized well in all the...
Published 5 months ago by Aaron

3.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight Jacket
Quite pleased with jacket as it is really light. On the downside, after brisk walking some perspiration builds up on inside of jacket which really surprised me as I thought that it was ' breathable'.
Published on 26 Oct 2009 by J. COOK

‹ Previous | 1 2 326 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars avoid., 22 Oct 2011
yerbury (malvern, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Berghaus Men's RG1 Shell Jacket (Sports Apparel)
Whilst this jacket is indeed lightweight, smart and waterproof -ish, mine needed a nik-wax after 8 months.. the elbows were a weak spot. This jacket features fish-net, soft shell pockets.. beware THE ZIPS WILL SNAG AT SOME STAGE!! If luckiy you might be able to untangle it, I wasn't ergo one pocket has a mashed-up zip, the other has a torn pocket.

I have contacted Berghaus and they showed no concern at all, they simply told me to contact the seller.. I asked them why? after all the flaw is in the design no matter where it's purchased from!!

So there you have it, a fine jacket provided you have no arms or need of working pockets.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality item, 28 Mar 2010
Picard (USS Enterprise) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Berghaus Men's RG1 Shell Jacket (Sports Apparel)
Excellent offering from Berghaus. I travel to town all week for University and needed a lightweight jacket that would protect me from the typical Winter/Spring showers (of which almost always seem to occur when I get off the bus!). After a bit of searching around, I eventually opted for this as its not surprisingly a very popular jacket at the moment. It's very smart, comfortable and of course offers great protection. The 'AquaFoil' material acts almost like wax - the water either just runs straight off it, or can be literally 'shaken' off.

As to be expected, there are a few downsides. The pockets are only a mesh lining, meaning sharp objects like Keys won't take long to bobble/cut through it with repeated use. The outer material itself is also attracted to dirt easy - particularly around the collar, if you have hair wax. Normally it would easy to rub off, but because the material has a rough texture, it settles in quite easy.

Perspiration can build up a little inside, so I wouldn't recommend this for anything more than town wear/short hikes.

Overall I don't regret the purchase though. Even my girl-friend say's it looks quite flattering!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellnt Value Jacket, 7 Aug 2010
This review is from: Berghaus Men's RG1 Shell Jacket (Sports Apparel)
I bought this after trying it on in a Blacks store and it is excellent. It was delivered very quickly and in the right size and colour.

WARNING TO UNAWARE BUYERS: THE JACKET WILL NOT KEEP YOU VERY WARM UNLESS YOU WEAR A JUMPER/FLEECE UNDERNEATH.

Also, it isn't interactive (IA). This means it hasn't got an extra zip inside to zip in a Berghaus fleece (you'll need a 3-in-1 or Interactive (IA) Berghaus Jacket for that). Great value jacket, worth every penny. 5 stars *****.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and cheaper than ebay, 17 Feb 2010
Bough this product and even though it said 4 weeks till delivery arrived with 2 weeks. Opened it up from its excellent packaging and the coat was as advertised. Its very comfy, looks good as even a mate has just bought one and does what a coat should do. Best thing is it was cheaper on amazon than buying it on EBAY.........

2.0 out of 5 stars Mesh (holes) for pockets, Sweat (moisture) retained inside, Snagged/broken zips, Bin liner for design...but waterproof fun, 6 May 2013
This review is from: Berghaus Men's RG1 Shell Jacket (Sports Apparel)
I purchased this jacket in September 2010 for just under GBP60.

This jacket has caused me misery for a long time.

Black polyester mesh lines the entire nylon inside of the jacket. Everytime I wear this jacket I have sweated because the polyester mesh and nylon lining lock in heat and sweat and exude any moisture so much so that it leaves your clothes underneath literally soaking with sweat and this is a viscious circle. There is poor temperature and humidity management in this jacket. The armpits, back and chest area collect a lot of sweat. This jacket is also heavy duty nylon lined so there is no way for the heat (or the sweat) to dissipate nor any way for air to come in, so the jacket stinks more. Just because mesh has holes doesn't mean that it makes a coat "breathable" - I would not call this jacket "breathable" - it's a relief to take it off!

Mesh lining for the pockets makes this coat a catastrophe for me - my pockets now have huge gaping holes inside as large as tennis balls because the mesh has easily ripped apart by simple relatively blunt objects - simple everyday things you would want to keep in a pocket like keys, pens...all have got caught in the ridiculous holes in the mesh and torn the mesh to pieces! Pockets with holes in is ridiculous - who thought up the dumb idea of using mesh for pockets! Why would you want pockets with mesh inside! Of course, as mentioned by others, the mesh also catches in the zip and rips apart that way. This is a terrible jacket and I am annoyed I put off getting a new one for so long.

It isn't designed to keep you warm in cold weather but it is excellent at keeping the elements out. Unfortunately it is also perfect at retaining sweat and moisture inside the jacket so while you have the elements kept out, you will almost always have moisture inside the coat (literally), and it is a total relief every day to take this jacket off so I can just spend time drying off and cooling down!

If that isn't something that bothers you, then consider the flimsy zips and the frustration of having to unsnag them from the mesh lining and they eventually fail altogether.

As for the design itself, while i initially was ecstatic at the thought of a new coat and it being from berghaus (I was a bit naive then...) and the idea of a foldaway hood (...when it is folded away it feels a bit padded around the neck), I now feel that it looks like and wears like a bin liner I have to agree.

I am sorry to say I have delayed this review for a long time and put up with this jacket for so long... I won't be buying berghaus again and I would urge anyone to avoid coats with mesh so we get better designed jackets particularly from berghaus.

5.0 out of 5 stars good fit budget jacket, 15 Mar 2014
This review is from: Berghaus Men's RG1 Shell Jacket (Sports Apparel)
excellent value at 30 quid,ideal for spring n summer,on sizing i`m 6 feet and 12 1/2 stone,the large is a perfect fit with enough room for a thick jumper or fleece if needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the Job!, 3 Nov 2013
Love it becasue its durable, its lightweight and it does the job in harsh conditions, really good product very impressed.
Ideal for anyone who loves the outdoors, or great for the casual walker.

5.0 out of 5 stars TOP PURCHASE, 3 Nov 2013
Amazing coat. Quality product and excellent value. Would highly recommend this coat. It looks reasonably stylish as well. Job done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 21 Oct 2013
I do allot of long distance walking, in particular I complete 3 peaks on a years basis for charity and practice throughout the year. I was struggling to find a coat that could actually stay waterproof for longer than an hour, but that was also breathable. This coat has been perfect, it is fully breathable, and completely waterproof, just hope it stays that way now, but I have heard great things!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this..., 18 Oct 2013
Got it on a lightning deal and I must say that this is brilliant. It's an entry level Waterproof Jacket and as I work outdoors a lot this was just what I needed to take over my clothes as my previous one got a nasty 6 inch tear in it (don't ask).

I have several Berghaus products and they are all amazing in terms of quality and functionality and this product is no exception.
My only regret is that I would have liked this even more if it would have had a chest pocket as well but nothing is perfect. That being said this comes pretty damn close.

‹ Previous | 1 2 326 | Next ›