5.0 out of 5 stars Soooo Glad I moved from the dark side
I am an amteur photographer and have been using Winodws since 95. I have been getting a little frustrated at the fact, that enhancing pics in Photoshop on windows, is a slow process.
Published on 1 Jun 2009 by Mr. D. A. Nicholls

2.0 out of 5 stars Try before you buy!
How I miss a windows based platform! Before you even think of buying an imac, ensure you know exactly what you are buying into. On the positive side - it's a very quiet; it doesn't take up as much space as a tower; the keyboard, once you get used to it, has a nice feel to it; it looks very sexy!; very sharp screen images; easy to set up.
On the negative side - it's...
Published on 4 Aug 2009 by Teach

5.0 out of 5 stars Soooo Glad I moved from the dark side, 1 Jun 2009
Mr. D. A. Nicholls (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: iMac 24inch Core 2 Duo 3.06GHz/4GB/1TB/GeForce GT 130/SD (Electronics)
Add to this my wife, who has no patience with technology, has been getting frustrated at the fact that everything you want to do in window is difficult. Her famous line has always been "Why can't it just do that? Why does it have to be so complicated to do the simplest thing"

Well, I made a decision to buy this beautiful piece of kit because I wanted something that was geared more towards photography, Video authoring and hopefully more intuitive software, to please the wife.

Best money I have ever spent, without exception. Not only does this look amazing but it works brilliantly.. Everything about it is just perfect.

At first I was hesitant at getting used to using a different OS and different software but I am glad I moved.

It's lightning quick as long as you run a piece if software called Leopard Cache Cleaner to optimize Files. Looks beautiful. The way every piece of software works is just perfect. I can't explain it, everything starts up instantly, works as you would want it to and never errors.

Best purchase I have made and the best decision I have made. Absolutely love this and can't praise it highly enough. If you are a photographer or love doing stuff with video and you're thinking of getting something better then I recommend you stop thinking and do it.
Yes it is expensive but it's worth every penny. You get what you pay for.

Usual top notch service from Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Imac 24'', 10 Sep 2009
Mr. J. Worgan (UK) - See all my reviews
This has got to be the easiest computer to use.I've had mine a year now, and so far no problems.If you like getting under the bonnet and sorting out conflicts, errors and blue screens this system is not for you.Apple have put a lot of thought into the design of this machine, which translates into ease of use for the customer.As for software, there is wealth of titles available for this OS, and lower priced than Microsoft products. I have just upgraded to Snow Leopard,It 45 minutes to complete,and works without fault.Try that on a Windows machine!!
It simply is the best computer money can buy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Try before you buy!, 4 Aug 2009
Teach (London, UK) - See all my reviews
On the negative side - it's not a window platform and consequently feels the poor relation; the 'dock' can be very annoying; poor paper work in the box; harder, and more expensive, to buy compatible hardware/programs; the window for opening and saving programs can be confusing.
My best advice if you have not used an apple computer before, is to go to your local computer outlet and play around on the system to see if you like it.

ARRAY(0xaa251c48)