Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen in Prime Shop now Learn more

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 15 February 2011
This is an excellent first album from Kenny and Johnny's new band. Every song is consistent and will likely go down as a classic "Doom Metal" album in years to come. When I listen to it I feel a strong Black Sabbath influence coming through - indeed, Type O Negative were big fans and played Tony Iommi's favourite cover of "Black Sabbath" available on the two disc edition "Life is Killing Me."

This album will probably also appeal to sludge fans on account of the doom-laden riffs and sleazy leads - with superb (ab)use of the minor key.

The lyrics make this perfect music to listen to as you head to a job you don't enjoy while you dream of that elusive record deal and sticking it to your overbearing boss, whose shadow hangs over your head and makes the "sun go black inside" you. If you have been listening to Crowbar on your car stereo or iPod, this will be right up your street. Now for the inevitable comparison to the mighty Type O Negative...

The riffage is closer to TypeO's earlier work - circa "The Origin of the Feces" - and is more classic doom metal as a whole. The lyrics are very differnt to TypeO's biting satire, being more direct and having far less black humour. Seventh Void, although employing half of TypeO is a different yet related beast. It is an album of considerable quality and has no "fillers." I anticipate that some TypeO fans, if they are expecting more of the same, will not be as impressed, but having gone in with an open mind and quite enjoyed Kenny's vocals on the TypeO records, I highly recommend this polished, relentless and consistent record.
on 1 March 2012
Had this album for a while now (over two years) and at first I found it difficult to get into (maybe I had too many Type O expectations), but once I learned to take Heaven is Gone as something completely removed from TON it really grew on me. Now I love it, a great piece of stoner doom. Buy it before the end claims us all!.
on 21 February 2012
I'm sure there have been numerous mentions of parallels with Type O Negative, but this album (and band) need to be treated as a completely separate entity. This album has a great sound and the songs, production and delivery are generally very good.

I've got great expectations for future albums....
on 3 March 2015
Well I like Trouble so thought I give this album a try, couple of good tracks but not a band I would rush out and see.
on 25 December 2010
After the self-indulgent clowning-around that was Type O; this album is the exact opposite. Kenny & Jon have released a record of short, no-nonsense, riff-heavy and well-produced songs that sound like Danzig/BLS cross-overs.
Unlike any Type O release, I can actually hear the drums and guitars; I realise now that both Jon & Kenny are very competant musicians.
They stole the evening when supporting label-mates Monster Magnet on the recent November tour.
Killing You Slow, Last Walk In The Light, Heaven Is Gone; actually there is'nt one bad song on the entire record. You might only find this much bottom-end on a 90's King's X record.
If you like Grand Magus, Sahg 1 or Plastic Green Head; then this is the Doom for you, baby.