1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars The start of a lifetime affair with soul, 24 Jan 2012
Mr. Womack's first two albums in one package - another Womagic, soul, no-brainer. 'Stateside' have released a series of these double albums and with the name Bobby Womack on them they are all well worth a listen.(Communications is a lil' bit country so you may want to listen before you buy). Hard to believe these are from 1968 and 69. This CD demonstrates exactly what is wrong with modern music. I know I am a grumpy old man but check out the production, lyrics, orchestration and pure soul of these tunes and you may start to understand my point.Bobby's guitar skills are also noteworthy as he is a great musivcian aswell as a great singer. You may be put off by the pub singer inclination of 'Fly Me To The Moon' but if you know his version of California Dreamin' you can rest assured Booby sings any classic as only he can.The song Arkansas State Prison is reason enough to buy this set. I have liked Bobby Womack for thirty years and I always will.I find myself returning to is music over and over again because the soul within really is timeless. Rumour has it he is about to release a new album with Damon Albarn which if the Gorrillaz track Stylo is anything to go by should revive Bobby's career at the age of sixty seven.I for one am very excited at the prospect of new material -spread the word and let's make the new album a hit.