on 17 September 2009
I bought this for my son's 5th birthday and he loved it. He loved the way it changed colour and proudly showed anyone who came to the house.

I'd say that the only real problem is that they need a parent on hand to keep giving them more warm or cold water. I found that if you put some ice cubes in the cold container that worked really well.
on 7 August 2009
it is very fun to play with,changing the colours and making different effects. the only problems are,you have to ice the water for about 10mins if you dont it wont change colour on the car, and you can only use the cars that come with the toy or i think you can buy ones by them selves
ihope you take this in mind.overall i rate this 4 stars
on 25 December 2009
This toy snaps together easily and STAYS together. The packaging is excellent--no plastic twisty ties and no screwdrivers needed to extract the toy from the package! The car actually makes the leap (most of the time!) for my almost-five-year-old. The complete, assembled toy does not take up much room, so it doesn't need to be disassembled after play.

On the downside, the waterfall effect does not last very long and needs refilled for every jump. But, it is designed so that the child can easily refill the top with the caught water all by himself. The colour change doesn't work well unless you have really cold or really warm water, but as another reviewer suggested, ice cubes in the top help.

While most of the water is contained, kids of course splash a lot--if you use this indoors, put it on tiled floor and put a towel underneath. The toy is lots of fun without the water, too, and can connect to other Hot Wheels playsets.

If you are looking for a sturdy and fun racetrack/garage toy for your child, this is the one to get!
on 18 February 2013
.The idea is to shoot the car across the raceway, where it falls into a tank of warm water. Instantly you can notice a difference in the cars appearances it changes from one colour to another. Then the car can retry the raceway and travel up the long slope to jump the broken bridge. As the car jumps the bridge, a waterfall tips over the car, and as it is cold water this time it changes the cars colour yet again. Finally the car finishes the race and then moves through a speed dryer to return it to normal again.

The thing that appealed to my son was there were a number of different things he could do with this set. There is of course a track for the car to race along, but along the way they are met with road traps, bridge jumping and waterfalls. There are so many different things that need to be done it holds the child’s full attention. Also your child has to actually interact with the set. They have to mend the road or open it depending on which path they want the car to take. They have to push the button to launch the car across the track quickly and guide them into the different parts of the garage. The set can also be used without the water features which I think is a great idea. Sometimes my son decides he will just race his cars normally over the tracks and this provides him with great fun too. The cars do zoom off the tracks at times but again I think crashes and bangs are also part of the fun. My children have really enjoyed this set and I would recomend it.
on 10 November 2011
In my opinion, whilst all Hot Wheels sets look great and come at a resonable price, I do not think they stand the test of time.
The plastic tracks kept coming apart, the cars did not change colour and all the bits kept falling off. Now bearing in mind although girls will play with this, it is ultimatly a 'boys toy' and I dont feel that Hot Wheels cater for boys play. My son was certainly not rough with it but it still kept falling apart.
I would not ever purchase any Hot Wheels items again!!
on 4 January 2010
My grandson asked for this in his letter to Santa and was overjoyed to get it. Played with it at once and lots of times since Christmas Eve. One of his favourite presents.
on 11 January 2010
I purchased this for my five year old grandson who was attracted to it by the TV advert, unfortunately it did not live up to expectations - interest lasted for a very short while as it soon became boring, there was nothing else that could be done with it. I also found it annoying that for the price there was only one car provided so racing would not have been possible had I not bought extra cars, fortunately it did state on the box only one car was provided. the colour changing was not easy - requiring warm and cold water. the track itself did not always stay together properly. On the whole I think it was a waste of money.
on 27 February 2013
ARRIVED IN TIME. WHAT AN EXCELLENT TOY. THE CAR ACTUALLY CHANGES COLOUR AND MY GRANDDAUGHTER AND ALL HER FRIENDS - AND HER DAD! - HAD A GREAT TIME PLAYING WITH IT. DEFINITELY VALUE FOR MONEY.
on 17 January 2011
to be honest I bought this nearly a year ago!...and after the first week of ohh isnt this exciting!..and me having to fill it up every minute..he got bored and its in its box!
on 11 January 2010
I thought this toy was gr8 for my son,but felt a bit annoyed as the price I payed for it was extremly high,considering it cost alot less everywhere else.