on 4 September 2013
I've always loved these pencils, and gladly I can get them cheaper on amazon than in Tescos or elsewhere.

They're great for avoiding the grubby pencil case that ordinary pencils give you, and you never have to worry about sharpening them.

If you're looking for mechanical pencils, buy these.
on 10 January 2014
These are the best pencils I have found for crosswords and sudoku. They have a fairly firm and always sharp point and an erasor which can remove unwanted letters or numbers from among a group. Unfortunately the erasor runs out well ahead of the lead - but then you still have a pencil! The clip on the side is rather brittle and weak, and nearly always breaks off before you have finished with the pencil.
on 30 March 2015
As a pencil lover I highly recommend these Papermate non-stops. No sharpening needed and by the time you get bored with the colour, the lead is used up and you can choose a new one. The thickness of the HB lead writes clearly and there's a rubber on the end for corrections. I have had packets where the neon yellow or orange has been replaced by a solid colour but writes just as well. This item is also sold at a reasonable price and so would keep me coming back for more.
on 5 October 2013
I use these all the time at work, for puzzles and crosswords, for taking notes. Eraser at the end is a godsend. Excellent value for money
on 7 May 2013
Have used these for many years. They are not too slim, or heavy, and fit in a bag very well. A quick twist of the barrel produces the lead, and another retracts it.
on 28 September 2013
These were purchased after using up a previous order bought some 5 or 6 years ago. Interestingly, the pencils are not quite the same quality or standard as they used to be. However they still write smoothly and the rubber actually works.
on 12 March 2016
This is the perfect pencil and I'm glad I found it on Amazon at a super-bargain price. Amazon had it at £3.63 for a pack of 10: they are now showing. 'Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.' They are listing alternatively a more expensive option of the same pencil Paper Mate Non Stop Mechanical Pencil HB 0.7mm - Assorted Colours (Box of 12).

Never fear, Avatar Express (under yet another distinct listing) is offering the same 10-pencil pack for just £3.44 (with free delivery) Paper Mate Non Stop Mechanical Pencil HB 0.7mm - Assorted Colours (Pack of 10) and this is outstanding value.

A little while ago I reviewed a different Paper Mate pencil Paper Mate 2020 Mechanical Pencil HB 0.7mm - Assorted Colours (Pack of 7 + 3) which was desperately disappointing. I commented: 'By comparison with Paper Mate's non-stop mechanical pencil, which for years has been my pencil of choice, these are fairly horrid. I decided to try them as a cheap alternative (these were £2.58 for a packet of 10) but they are cumbersome and awkward to use.' I found them to be everything that was wrong with the frustrating old-type propelling pencils, where you were forever dealing with little pieces of lead.

But these disposable non-refillable non-stop pencils have made that childhood experience a distant memory. The lovely non-stop pencils are rotated at the tip to advance or retract the lead to exactly where it works best for you. And it's easy to retract the lead when putting it back in your pocket or bag. I use them all the time and wouldn't be without them. At this sort of price they are a steal!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 17 February 2015
Great value for money. The 0.7mm line size is just the right side of fine for me but I would prefer the graphite shade to be slightly darker. However, the eraser works really well on general purpose white paper. I particularly like the fact that I can see into the body of the shaft and immediately monitor the amount of lead remaining. Easy to write with, minimal pressure required in use and the feeding mechanism works very accurately for me (I don't have any problems of 'springing' or lateral wobble on the nib).
on 26 January 2014
Excellent, reliable pencils - the lead is quite soft (I'd guess 1B) but so are the rubbers, which means they erase very well. find them at a good price and I reckon they're excellent value.
on 1 July 2015
The photograph on Amazon clearly shows that the pencils are see-through, meaning you can see when the lead is running out and make sure you have a new one to hand. What arrived was pencils in a range of about 4 'flat', uninteresting colours, none of which is see-through. This is not what I signed up to buy.