4.0 out of 5 stars Espressos, Lattes and Cappuccinos from a Great looking Machine
I have been using this coffee machine for the past year now and can confirm that it does provide you with good espressos, lattes and cappuccinos. It is very straight forward to use and there are no finicky bits another plus point is that the machine has a 3 year guarantee.

But I have realised that with my preference of making cappuccinos or lattes I need to use...
Published on 22 Oct. 2010 by Sofia

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely coffee, shame about the temperature
It makes a great coffee and I love the range of coffees available but the big gripe is the heater.

Published on 8 Mar. 2012 by Eleanor Davis

‹ Previous | 1 2 337 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A great substitute for real Italian coffee, 10 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Nespresso CitiZ and Milk by Magimix M190 Coffee Machine - Limousine Black (Kitchen & Home)
This great little machine was recommended to us by friends and they were spot on. Having just returned from living in Italy for 3 years we wanted a machine that could produce a decent cappuccino or espresso without the fuss of grinding the beans or huge amounts of cleaning.
The Magimix meets our needs very well and Nespresso provide a great range of pods to suit all tastes. I'd say the espresso is as good as the worst I've had in an Italian coffee bar (that's a compliment as I've never had a bad one).
I'll need to practice more on the cappuccinos to get them perfect but the milk frother is an excellent addition and much easier than trying to do it yourself.
Our neighbours in Italy bought a machine that was a domestic version of those used in bars for more than 2,000 euros but there's no way that type of investment is worthwhile when you can get the Magimix for less than 200 pounds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Long-term review, 9 Aug. 2013
I bought this product back in May 2011, over 2-years ago. I use it most weekends and some week days and use it primarily for cappuccino, although my partner does make the occasional americano.

It produces consistently excellent coffee, has proven to be extremely reliable and is working as well today as it did on day one. I bought a Nespresso de-scaling kit which I've used once, which has been enough to keep it healthy.

This is a great looking addition to any kitchen. It replaced a dedicated, manual espresso machine and while I did enjoy the manual approach and convincing myself I am a barista, the convenience of this machine is by far the better option and doesn't come with any sacrifice in quality.

I have learned a useful tip though - run a short hot water through it first. This not only flushes through any leftovers from the previous go, but it ensures your coffee comes out really very hot (too hot for me to drink at first). The temperature is often the main complaint about machines like this, but this one has proven excellent and running a short hot water through first really helps improve that fact.

So given the fact I'm writing this so far after buying, you can be sure you're getting a reliable, high-quality Nespresso machine that produces excellent results.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good - replaced a Delonghi Lattissima, 15 Dec. 2009
I have had a manual magimix nespresso for a few years but decided to upgrade to something more automatic. I originally went for the De'Longhi Nespresso EN670 Fully Automatic Machine (Black) but though a good machine it just couldnt produce hot enough milk so its been returned.

This machine is much better in terms of heating the milk its far less faffing around.

The one downside is its a little fiddly to clean the milk heater, hence the loss of one star.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely coffee, shame about the temperature, 8 Mar. 2012
Eleanor Davis - See all my reviews

I turn my machine on well before I need it, run water through the pipes first and put boiling water from the kettle into the cups first but the milk is still luke warm. I clean the milk warmer pot thoroughly too so there is no burnt milm patch, although it's very fiddly to do that. A burn patch always appears next to the knob for the frother, even after heating just one lot of milk. I now froth the milk in the milk warmer first as it makes it a nicer consistency (creamy almost) then transfer it to a milk pan to heat it properly.

I'd recommend the coffee maker but would advise against spending the extra money for the heater unless you like cool coffee.

3.0 out of 5 stars Coffee great, frother keeps breaking !, 22 Sept. 2011
Really love the coffee part but we are now on our 3rd frother. we bought our machine in Abu Dhabi from the licensed distributor and they have been excellent and replaced the frother each time but there is clearly a design fault with it:
- after about a month the milk just doesn't hot up and the light flashes.
- there is scorching on the bottom which is impossible to clean.

As I said Perfetto, the distributors have been excellent but there is a problem with the frother!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Life just got even better!, 26 May 2011
B. M. Stewart "Cirrus Gazer" (Crete, Greece) - See all my reviews
This is a beautifully designed and very easy to use coffee machine. It is also easy to clean and the device for making the hot milk and frothy milk is great. But the great thing, the life-changing thing... the coffee... is absolutely FANtastic!

4.0 out of 5 stars EASY COFFEE, 11 Aug. 2010
THE NESPRESSO MACHINE WORKS VERY WELL. WE PREFER LATTES AND CAPPUCINOS AND THE MILK FROTHER WORKS VERY WELL FOR THIS. THE COFFEES ARE VERY GOOD.MY ONLY GRIPE IS THAT THE CAPSULES ARE ONLY AVAILABLE FROM NESPRESSO THEMSELVES DIRECTLY. THIS MEANS THEY CONTROL THE PRICE AND AT AROUND 29P EACH I THINK THEY ARE A LITTLE EXPENSIVE. IF THEY GAVE BIGGER DISCOUNTS FOR BULK ORDERS THAT WOULD HELP.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious coffee from an easy-to-use machine, 18 May 2010
My machine arrived three weeks ago following a month of research and testing. I grilled the John Lewis salesman about it and then went to Lakeland and grilled them. Lakeland also demonstrated it and made me a coffee so that I could try it myself. Once I had asked my thousands of questions, I came back and bought it off amazon saving £30.

The machine is exceptionally easy to use and within a few minutes of unpacking, I was enjoying my first coffee. It recommends running the water through once to warm the pipes. This also has the added advantage of being able to warm your cup. I do notice that the first dose of water that comes out when it has been switched off is usually less that the 'proper' amount, so I think running it through is essential. It only takes a matter of seconds and I do like having a warm cup, so it's not a hardship!

The aeroccino is great and although slightly fiddly to clean (because you can't immerse it in water), it's not difficult and I haven't found it to be a chore. I have found that the aeroccino produces good results with semi-skimmed and with skimmed milk, though I think it heats the skimmed milk very quickly and then takes a few more seconds to clean. I also accidentally discovered that if you forget to put in the little whisk, the aeroccino will switch itself off and flash intermittently so nothing burns.

One of the reasons I went for this machine was so that I could make 'skinny' lattes and capuccinos and some machines don't give you that option. I have not been disappointed with the standard of the drink and ease of use.

The aeroccino will produce hot milk, hot frothy milk and also cold frothy milk. I have used the milk warmer for my children's hot chocolate and they also enjoy their 'babyccinos'

The standard of the coffee should not be ignored. I love the range of flavours and trying the different pods has been a delight. You get one of everything in the box and then the pods are avialable on line with super quick delivery, or in one of the Nespresso boutiques (London, Manchester and Birmingham). I am not an afficionada but a friend of mine knows his coffee and rates the machine highly.

I was a little concerned about the wastage, and currently Nespresso don't have any recycling facilities in the UK. I bought an 'Outpresso' (google it) which neatly and cleanly separates the coffee from the pods. The coffee goes in the compost bin and the pods go in the recycling bin. Perfect.

All in all, a great buy and highly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed - broke after 3 years, 12 Mar. 2014
To be fair the coffee was consistently great, as good as anything from major high street chains, but the machine has broken down after just 3 years. It has been treated very gently and usage was on the light side at 12 cups a week on average. Even though it probably paid for itself I think a 200 quid machine should last longer. Repair would cost 70 pounds flat rate with 6 month guarantee I believe, not bad but I'm still annoyed.

2.0 out of 5 stars Long term disappointment, 25 Jan. 2012
I bought this machine to end the need to ever consider buying any other machine due to the splendid reviews from other users and the press (Nov 11). I've had this Nespresso Machine for 13 months and have found it no better than other capsule machines I've now experienced through family & friends, in terms of the quality and taste of the cup of coffee it produces. If this is the company/machine of choice you need to consider:

Capsules can only be mail ordered direct from Nespresso or limited select retail outlets (Harrods, Selfridges!) not a supermarket purchase. **This real is a pain if you could only top up on capsules for a supermarket chain**

Cost of your monthly order. For myself and partner this averages £60 a pop (200 capsules) I class this as low usage, will last over a month but my brother did spend £80.00 every month and has now abandoned his machine due to the costs.
On reflection the cost of machine (£160 - £240+ RRP Amazon is the cheapest), plus a years supply (onwards) will net you over two years an alternative proper dedicated `bells & whistles' stainless steel Italian coffee machine & milk warmer using ground coffee or beans.

The `Milk' warming unit after 4 months constantly burned the milk to the bottom surface and is hard to clean, doesn't heat the milk hot enough (personal choice) it's now abandoned, unused a waste of money, we now use the microwave instead! A stupid fitting/design built into the machine.

Other reviews did highlight customer services issues regarding damaged packaging on arrival not an issue with us so with my very first online order Nespresso took, then failed to take payment (didn't resubmit why?)at the time, then didn't notify me (even after placing further orders) until Dec 2011 a year later chasing payment(it's now paid)I find ridiculous.

Overall experience I'd recommend looking else where, cheaper capsule machines do the same job or my main advice is for long term use save up, get advice (bellabarista) and buy the real deal which if you look can be bought new for £600 - £1000.
We will struggle on but in future it will be replaced with a `Rocket Espresso'

Amazon service and delivery was excellent.

‹ Previous | 1 2 337 | Next ›