5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent All Rounder
I purchased this TV from Amazon, and as usual it arrived when it was supposed to and the price was a lot better than on the high street.
Set up was quick and easy, just a few screws for the stand then turn it on and answer a couple of questions and it sets itself up in a less than 5 minutes.
I bought the TV for my parents to put in the living room and it is...
Published on 24 April 2009 by Mr. D. J. Puttnam

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed by Samsung
Below opinions are based on my purchase of the Samsung LE32B450.

Pro's

looks sleek and stylish

Con's...
Published on 13 Jan 2010 by Mr. D. Heard

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent All Rounder, 24 April 2009
This review is from: Samsung LE32B450C4 32-inch Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV with Freeview (Electronics)
I bought the TV for my parents to put in the living room and it is brilliant, they didnt want anything larger than 32" so there wasnt really any point in getting a 1080p set. The picture quality is excellent on freeview and even better with Sky and to be honest just as good as my larger 1080p Sony Bravia. There are a few presets and many individual settings you can adjust to get the picture how you like it. Sound quality is very good too considering the size of the speakers, especially if you have a play with a few of the options.
The remote is uncluttered and easy to use and the on screen freeview guide is pretty good too.
One thing that may be a problem for some users is that this TV only has one scart socket, but it does have 3 HMDMI sockets so shouldnt be too much of a problem.
Overall a great TV at a great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Amazon, 4 Jun 2009
Tim Connor (Woking, Surrey) - See all my reviews
Ordered from Amazon and arrived day before the expected earliest delivery date, well done Amazon.
TV itself is a peach to set up, just a couple of screws required to attach stand and easy to follow on screen instructions.
All set and ready to go after 10 mins.
TV automatically detects freeview channels and you are then good to go.
Only having one scart connector is no big hassle as you do get a choice of three HDMI connections, two at rear of set and one at side. You also get component connections at the rear and composite connections at the side.
TV has been set up and we now have a V+ cable set-top box, an XBox360, a Wii and a DVD connected up and all give fantastically clear pictures
The sound is good, but some people who have larger living rooms might find the sound a bit feeble and have to use the rear audio out leads through an amplifier.
Overall an excellent TV at an unbeatable price

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed by Samsung, 13 Jan 2010
Mr. D. Heard "HB" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Below opinions are based on my purchase of the Samsung LE32B450.

Pro's

auto tuner is great feature
good range of picture adjustment and personalisation options
looks sleek and stylish

Con's
Picture was pixellated (rough edges to images, faces etc)
Picture seemed to stutter when challenged with panning tv images or when watching sports
Tv permormance was not good with PS3, images were not defined, and struggled to display smooth motion on moving items (i.e. tennis game, on players service as the ball is thrown up the ball movement stuttered)

Overall - 7/10
The TV is reasonable value for the price which is why it gets a 7, although for me the Con's outweigh the pro's. I will be changuing this for a higher end model which has better resolution 1080p and at least 100Hz.

Hope this review helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!, 2 May 2009
N. Hurt "nicholash" (RSA) - See all my reviews
I decided on this TV after much research. My criteria were 300-400 GBP, HD ready, 32 inch at least 2 hdmi sockets, decent sound, recent model; and this was a win all round. At this price it's a real bargain! Well done Samsang and Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent picture, good sound, good service, 2 May 2009
A. Walmsley (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my mother-in-law before there were any reviews available, based on my own good experience with the 40" Samsung LE40A656.

At the time this model (LE32B450C4) was on sale for the same price as the Samsung LE32A436T (for which there were a lot of positive reviews).
It was hard to tell from the Samsung site what were the benefits of one model compared with the other, but I guessed that the LE32B450C4 was the newer model and went for it anyway, despite the lack of user reviews.

Other reviews have criticised the sound quality of other Samsung LCD TVs but this seemed to be absolutely fine in a medium size living room, and the picture quality on Freeview is excellent.

We bought this to be ready for the imminent Digital Switchover,and the only minor niggle is this:
If when you go to change channels you accidentally hit the 0 (zero) button, it switches to the analogue tuner. The documentation doesn't mention this or tell you how to get back to the DTV tuner.
We found by trial and error that hitting the next channel button (perhaps several times) flips you back to the DTV tuner.

I tried it with an HDMI feed from my digital SLR (stills only, can't find what the resolution is supposed to be) and the picture quality was also excellent, very sharp.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price., 7 Jun 2009
Mr. N. E. Rapley (UK) - See all my reviews
I only bought it for gaming but it looks great to me. Sound is not that great but I have it plugged through speakers and it is awesome.
Don't think there is a lot of diff between this and 1080p.
If 350 is your budget and you want a 32inch this a a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tv!, 31 May 2009
I purchased this particular tv after an exhaustive and confusing search of pretty much all availible 32" lcd tvs.
It came down to a choice between this and a sony bravia, I went for the samsung. I have had it for about a month now and have to say it is brilliant (as brilliant as a tv can be).I have hooked up my cable service (virgin),2 games consoles and my computer, it works brilliantly with all. Very crisp picture if you have any HD equipment attached, really easy to set up. Also very easy to switch between sources (say from watching tv, to flicking to the comuter to check internet).Definate value for money.Very happy with purchase.
Delivery was 1 day early from amazon, and I live in the far flung reaches of the U.K., thats a first.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic TV, 18 May 2009
M. A. Clegg "mike" (england) - See all my reviews
There wasn't many reviews for this TV so I was a bit optimistic about whether or not to go for it, but I took that chance and it paid off.

When it did arrive, it was a lot larger than I realised, but in a good way. I've now put this TV on my wall and it looks absolutely amazing.

The picture quality is fantastic and it has a really good EPG guide. Which is fast and has a lot of useful information on it.

Everything about this TV is fantastic from the main glossy effect, high quality stand to the remote, which has lots of useful buttons on it.

Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars A1 product, 23 May 2009
This arrived next day (a day before expected) and was easy to fit onto the stand. After a few simple set-up steps the tv was up and running. A few more minutes to tweak all the settings to my preferences and my first flat screen tv is being thoroughly enjoyed.

My only niggle is you cannot switch it off completely, the remote and on/off switch on the tv only switches it to standby, this should be a no-no in these days of reducing energy consumption. I've only given 4/5 for this reason.

Overall though a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Buy, 28 May 2009
I have to recomment this tele to absolutely everybody! The picture quality is superb as is the sound. As Samsung products are known to be expensive I was worried about the standard of the TV as the price is relitively low but I must say I was greatly surprised. Our second Samsung now,, definately recommend