on 7 December 2010
Product itself is fine, but the sizing chart is misleading. Sizes Male (Imperial), Chest (inch), Waist (inch), Inside Leg (inch), Arm Length (inch) Extra Small, 3335, 29, 32.5 Small, 3638, 2830, 30, 33 Medium, 3941, 3133, 31.5, 34 Large, 4344, 3436, 33, 35 Extra Large, 4547, 3739, 34.5, 36 Extra Extra Large, 4850, 4042, 36, 35.5
I have a 42 inch chest, so went for a Large....Large, 43 - 44....which looks like it gave me 1 - 2 inches extra. In fact I can just about do the zip up, and only if I'm wearing nothing more than a t-shirt.
So now returning the Large, and will try the XLarge.....and hoping that it really isn't chest size 45 - 47 inch as advised in the sizing chart..
on 10 November 2011
I bought this shower jacket as it ticked most of the boxes. It was lightweight and could be stored in a pocket of a backpack when commuting. I trust the brand as I have another heavy duty coat and fleeces made by Berghaus. What lets this product down in my opinion are the zip up pockets. They continually snag on the storm pocket lip which jam. I have now had to snip them so I can run the zip over the trapped lip which either needs to be longer so it does not catch or the material made thicker.
on 10 January 2013
I settled on this after a good comparison of similar options and had tried one on in a local store, it's great quality as you'd expect even from one of the cheapest coats Berghaus do and really fits the bill as a lightweight weatherproof jacket. Unfortunately it was still too pricey on the highstreet but I found it on offer here for the cheapest I'd seen it anywhere so it was a no brainer.
I'd already checked sizes when I tried one on and for me it's what I usually expect from a small, I haven't checked measurements but it's a good fit for me with a bit of space for a big jumper underneath.
Really happy with it, gets a lot of use walking where I don't need anything too heavy as I keep pretty warm but just want to keep dry and cut down on wind chill, this ticks those boxes perfectly and will easily pop in the rucksack without taking up too much of the space you need for more important things like the packed lunch!
My only criticism is I feel the hood is a bit big, out of proportion to the size of the jacket. It ends up quite loose on my head which means when I turn round the hood doesn't really turn with me, I guess at least there's plenty of cover from the rain, but I'd rather it was a bit more fitted.
on 22 January 2011
The only way of reviewing this objectively is over time. The signs are good - a seemingly quality product that I tested during a recent downpour. I have the matching trousers, which oddly enough zip all the way to near the top - both kept me totally dry after an hour of walking during a monsoon along the sea-front in Hove. If only I had waterproof boots.
on 11 July 2012
Alas on the second time of wearing this garment the main zip caught up on loose stitching on the inside of the jacket resulting in a jammed zip.Back it went to Amazon...Great return system new one with me in three days.Only other down side is the lack of pockets for map / mobile etc.
On the plus side it looks smart fits well and keeps the rain out.Wonder if the heavy duty version will be a better buy when the weather turns a little colder.
on 18 May 2012
Given the caveats from other reviews (sizing, pockets snagging zip) this is a smart-looking solution to changeable weather.

I've had many nice comments from women about it, and seeing as it's lightweight, it's really quite warm when needed, and dries off quickly when caught in the rain. I keep it in a ziploc bag in my daily rucksack for those 'will it won't it rain' days.
on 9 August 2011
Very Pleasesd with this purchase, Over £36-00 cheaper than I was able to find any where else. comfortable and very light and as it advertises waterproof. Only downside is I would have liked elasticated cuffs and maybe a inside map pocket and maybe a place to keep my mobile, otherwise excellent buy, worth the price I paid
on 4 July 2011
Got a few RG1 NON- lights until found this one on web. This one is much better for anything faster than pavement speed. Less heavy and more breathable.Less stiff.
The only downside I would say is lack of big inner mappocket, and some smaller ones for fone, marsbar etc.Elasticated wristfinishes would prevent sleeves sliding down better than velcro.
Otherwise a happy chappie! Need a model now for my dog/ hamster..
on 27 November 2011
This jacket is great for the money and it looks good, and i love the colour. Well worth the money.
on 15 December 2010
I have orderd this jacket for my boyfriend this christmas, he has one already but its very old and he cant seem to part with it because he just loves it, he works outside and says the jacket keeps him nice and warm and he likes the pockets it has for all his stuff, his old jacket is stone in colour but I prefer the black its smart plus he wont get it coverd in oil stains like his other one, just hope it gets here before christmas the weather so far has been a nightmare.