5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung ES15
Just bought this camera.
As usual Amazon delivered it quickly, even on supersaver, estimate was 20th Aug but arrived on 18th aug.
First impressions out of the box are that it is smaller than I expected but has a good solid feel. Not heavy but enough weight to make it balance well in the hand.
LCD on the back is large and very clear.
Buttons well laid...
Published on 18 Aug. 2009 by Richard

3.0 out of 5 stars Super Easy!
This is my first digital camera (What can I say? I'm slow moving into the 21st century. lol) and I love it. I wanted something simple, easy to use, that takes really good pictures and this fits the bill. I find the "auto" setting works better than switching to "night" or some other setting. My only gripe is that sometimes after taking a shot, it will take several...
Published on 22 Dec. 2009 by Pamela

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung ES15, 18 Aug. 2009
Richard (Northumberland) - See all my reviews
Just bought this camera.
LCD on the back is large and very clear.
Buttons well laid out and easy to use as is the menu system to set the various modes on the camera. You could figure all the settings without the manual but better if you read that. (Only a few pages)
Software set up easily on XP.
First test photos were under less than ideal conditions, rainy day, dog sitting under the table, cat refusing to sit still.
Pictures were sharp and the colours bright and well balanced, quality excellent.
Overall I'm very impressed with this camera.
One extra plus point is that it uses either alkaline or rechargeable AA batteries.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for lower range, 1 Sept. 2009
Harry Hulme (UK) - See all my reviews
A good size and weight.....feels like a proper camera,not a phone. On maximum resolution with an 8GB card I was able to take 363 photos before memory was full - OK for me as a I'm just a 'snapper'.I found setting date/time etc difficult (I should have read instructions first....couldn't undo my error).Upload time to my PC is sensational.Previous cameras took minutes, this one was instant.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little camera, 30 July 2009
Book Addict - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Although having a minimal amount of experience with other people's digital cameras, I decided to dive head first into my own purchase. This camera requires absolutely no previous experience. Switch it on, aim, click and the result is a clear photograph which you can preview on a large enough screen to decide whether to immediately delete or not. I had no issues with blurriness (thanks to the automatic zoom) or red eye (thanks again to the camera settings).

This camera is so simple to use that I let my 10 year old niece wander off with it at a wedding and she returned with some lovely snaps. The Samsung is priced extremely reasonably for a nice looking, compact digital camera that takes a good quality photo without even trying.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliant Camera for a Brilliant Price!, 2 Mar. 2010
The ES15 is a truly excellent choice for those wanting a basic, simple point-and-shoot camera. I wanted my first digital camera to be very easy to use, but I also wanted good image quality, and the ES15 has been excellent for both requirements.
Contrary to some reviews I've seen, the camera body is not cheap and plastic looking; it is no different to any other camera of it's price range I've seen available. Neither does it handle like a cheaply cased camera; I've found the casing to be sturdy and reliable. I've also seen negative comments about the battery compartment area, but I've had no problems whatsoever sliding it open to put in my batteries/SD card.
With regard to batteries, I disagree that the camera is heavy on them. I bought a cheap brand of rechargeables, expecting them to run down very quickly, and was really delighted when I got over a day's worth of heavy snapping (mostly with flash on) without having to change them once.
I found that by changing the display brightness to 'dark' (which isn't actually dark at all) it offers even more energy saving, which all in all provides a great battery performance.
Regarding different shooting modes, I'm very rarely out of Auto Mode - because there's no need to. Auto Mode is surprisingly impressive, and with the exception of changing to Auto Macro, which is also excellent, I find the best shots I've taken are the ones where no fiddling about with settings was required. The zoom might only be little compared to more advanced models, but it has served me very well, and I've even managed to get pretty clear images at 3x with the digital image stabiliser on.
Last but most importantly, the image quality. In one word, fabulous! I was preparing myself for average quality because of the price of the camera, didn't want to get my hopes up, but as soon as I saw my snaps on my computer screen I was very pleasantly surprised. Bright and crystal clear, with lots of scope for resizing. Though it has a max of 10MP, I have my camera set happily on 5MP, because that size is quite sufficient for my needs. I have uploaded some photos so check them out if you want some sample images.

To sum up: a really brilliant performer for such a great price. Plenty of settings and a program mode to keep the more advanced snappers happy, and for the rest of us there's an Auto Mode that really can't be beaten. I would definitely recommend this camera to those new into the field of digital cameras, or those looking for something reliable and simple to use.
At this price it's a great bargain... Happy snapping!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little camera, 29 Sept. 2009
Surprised myself with this camera, it has been great, very simple to use. Great photos simple instructions even managed to transfer some pictures to the computer witout too much difficulty. The only problem was the sensitivity of the power switch on top. It is easily touched when trying to view a photo in portrait rather than landscape, but it makes me slow down so that can't be bad. Two other members of my family have bought them too after using mine. It has been a real bargin. No problem with batteries but you do need a memory card.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent picture quality at a great price, 28 Dec. 2009
I am delighted with this camera. It is packed full of features and takes stunning, clear pictures. It takes two AA batteries and supports SD cards up to 8GB in size. It comes complete with a quick-start guide, CD containing full manual, pictbridge software and a USB cable for linking to a PC or laptop.

The flash is excellent compared to my old itWorks camera that made everything looked washed out. The pictures look so professional, helped by the automatic face recognition. With 10MP quality, the pictures are perfect for printing. Video mode allows use of zoom which my old camera didn't. It is very easy to use and has a lovely clear 2.5 inch LCD display. Overall, an excellent camera at a superb price.

4.0 out of 5 stars just the job, 15 Oct. 2009
B. Williamson (lancs) - See all my reviews
An excellent camera for the price. As I already have a DSLR this camera was just for carrying about on an everyday basis and has coped well with varied lighting conditions and produces sharp photos (good for prints up to A4) with good colours. Menus easy to use and using lithium AA batteries takes hundreds of photos.

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall a good camera, 10 July 2009
A. Webb (UK) - See all my reviews
When ordering this camera, I misunderstood the description and thought it came with lithium ion rechargeable batteries, unfortunately, it uses AA batteries, making the camera heavier and bulkier. Unlike most digital cameras, it did not come with any form or memory card, not even a small trial one. However, the photos are of good quality, and the camera is easy to use. I would recommend it highly, as long as your not looking for a lightweight, small camera. Definately well worth the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good easy to use camera, 19 Sept. 2009
Carpetman (Worcestershire, England) - See all my reviews
Samsung ES15 Digital Camera - Black (10MP, 3x Optical Zoom) 2.5 inch LCD
I have a full blown DSLR that I use to it's fullest extent, but sometimes you need a small compact to provide you with a note of a site or a possible future picture opportunity.

Having said that the 10mp on offer give very good results that allow me to use them.

Recently I did a handheld set of indoor shots that I pieced together to make a panorama and I did a 40th anniversary party with my main DSLR and also took some with the Samsung. No-one was able to tell the difference when they saw the finished movie story of the event.

4.0 out of 5 stars Samsung ES15, 19 Oct. 2009
Chris Gillies (UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this for my daughter for her birthday. Initially not impressed, camera feels cheap and light and not very robust, however it has managed to survive 2 months of being taken to dodgy nightclubs, the beach and being thrown around by a 2 year old, so while it feels flimsy the camera is actually quite robust!

Picture quality is superb to my untrained eye (as you'd expect from 10MP), the camera is very easy and intuitive to use and as point-and-shootability goes, it does a very good job! It's not a papparazi camera but it does a very good job for people who want to take pictures, not works of art!