5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes!
I walk the dog through fields twice a day and didn't to have to wear hiking boots. These shoes are great - really comfortable and waterproof. The perfect everyday walking shoe. I am tempted to buy a another pair for when these shoes eventually wear out!
Published on 16 Oct 2009 by Miss K. S. Lyon

2.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for the job
Bought in June 2010 for dog walking, barely four months wear and now needing new ones after the grey material over the toe area has peeled off and they now take in water, very poor performance.Would not buy this make again.
Published on 4 Oct 2010 by aliwag

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes!, 16 Oct 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommend these to anyone, 28 April 2010
W. A. Stewart (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
I bought these shoes in a last minute rush before heading off on holiday. From the first minute I put them on they were comfortable and fitted perfectly. As I had no time to wear them in I was concerned about how they would feel, but after hours trekking in the rain forests they were still very comfortable. I can't recommend them enough to anyone looking for a lighter weight hiking shoe at a real bargain price. I bought the size I would normally wear, based on others reviews, and they were a perfect fit. However, they are a little on the wide side so if you have very narrow feet, these may not be the shoes for you. Granted, they are a bit grey and boring, but don't let that put you off. Buy these shoes!

4.0 out of 5 stars Karrimor weather proof, 30 Oct 2009
Dr. Helen Stewart "drstew142" (Kishorn, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Good item at reasonable price, have stood up to dog walking in long wet grass well!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good budget walking shoe, 26 Sep 2009
G. Fergusson "footwear critic" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Found this shoe to give adequate support, great comfort and looks fairly good too. Good all round walking shoe for mild to moderate terrain at a reasonable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased - good for urban environment, 4 Dec 2009
Charlotte Hood-Fredriksen "Anest" (Southport, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought these as I've recently returned to university and none of my business casual footwear was really apprpriate for wet days and cold weather walking for a mile or more. I looked around online and was pretty shocked at the prices of walking shoes, until I stumbled on these. I was concerned buying shoes online, but am very pleased with them.
They are comfortable, keep my feet warm and dry and fit very well (thank you to the lady who mentioned the sizing being good (i.e. a 5.5 is a 5.5) - she was absolutely right)! I didn't have any trouble breaking them in, just a slightly sore on the ball of my foot that went away in 2 days - since then, no issues at all. I've not used them outside the "urban jungle" but I would imagine they'd be good for normal path walking and etc. no idea about rough terrian. I'm thinking of buying another pair, just such good value.
Attendum: I've also found that these shoes are *excellent* in the icy conditions in the UK. Good tread/grip - I felt very safe walking in them on snow and ice (though care must always be taken on untreated surfaces).

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly comfortable and hard-wearing walking shoes!, 27 May 2010
Lauren Thomas - See all my reviews
My husband and I decided at the very last minute to do a 19 mile countryside walk for charity, and we only had a week to sort out everything we needed. Having never done anything like this before, I had no suitable walking shoes and after doing a good amount of searching on Amazon, I decided to give these Karrimors a go.

Everyone kept telling me I shouldn't wear new shoes for such a challenge, and I must admit that I was very apprehensive as I began the walk, but I needn't have worried at all. These shoes were absolutely brilliant - extremely comfortable and light with zero slip or rubbing, and they worked on all the different terrains: waterlogged fields, deep sticky mud, grass and roads. By the time I got home the pads of my toes were a bit sore but that was all. They even cleaned up really well - brilliant!

I was absolutely delighted with these shoes and can't recommend them enough. I would give them 6 stars if I could!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value waterproof low rise walking shoe, 8 Feb 2010
This review is from: Karrimor Women's Whirlwind L Weathertite Hiking Boot (Apparel)
Excellent price for a quality item.

These low rise boots did not need 'breaking in' you can wear them right away like trainers. Good adjustable fit, with laces. Unlike some walking shoes, you do not have to wrestle with them to get them on & done up to suit. Lightweight for the chunky sole, looks stylish & casual, with waterproofing & sturdy nature that makes them much better than trainers outdoors, withoutlooking too 'walking boots'.

Karrimor sizing is on the small side, I normally take a 3 in shoes but the 4 fits me just right - order up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect from minute you put them on!, 16 Jan 2010
I bought these for long mucky walks in the park and on the beach etc; they were perfect from the minute I put them on, instant comfort, not too hard and not too soft. Perfect fit. Seem very waterproof and we've had some good weather to test them in recently. They don't look too bad either and usually I think hiking/comfort walking boots look a bit clunky - these don't, they actually look very good.
The colour is fine - not too black - slightly grey/blue, slightly dark but not too dark. Overall, I'm delighted with them.

4.0 out of 5 stars v. comfortable, 5 Oct 2009
No problem with size!!! 5.5 UK is 5.5 UK and 6.5 US.
I like them for they are comfortable and OK.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lasted 3 years of constant wear and abuse, great value!, 8 Dec 2009
ERV Scott (Hastings, UK) - See all my reviews
I really like these shoes, they look great with my jeans and walking trousers! I have been walking in them since brand new with no problems at all. I have fairly narrow feet which is why I buy Karrimor and I have not yet been disappointed with any of my purchases. If I have one little niggle it is that they are quite bulky, so if you have legs like two bits of string you might not want to wear them with shorts!

An update to this - these shoes lasted me for 3 years of hard wear before finally giving up - which included a 12 mile 'Tough Guy & Girl' competition which left them no worse off than they were before (well, maybe smelling a bit like a bog). I didn't buy another pair as my arches have collapsed and these don't offer that kind of support, but if my feet were ok I would definitely have bought the same again. Great value for money.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›