5.0 out of 5 stars Very best of the same
Sony once again prove to be very lazy. This is the third same compilation in five years. Como recorded for them RCA for nearly 50 years and all Sony can do is to just put out the same hits over and over again.
Published on 28 Mar 2009 by M. A. Dunnington

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star
Great music and so nice to hear "Magic Moments" again.
Published 15 days ago by mikado

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Very best of the same, 28 Mar 2009
M. A. Dunnington (Stourbridge, West Midlands United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Very Best Of (Audio CD)
Yes this is a good collection of the UK hits that Como had - even stereo tracks where recent issues have put out only the original mono - but I fear that those who buy Como will not bother (only fantatics like me).
QI fact - when I helped compile a 1981 disc for RCA they could not trace the master of "Idle Gossip" - even the USA vaults could not find it - so I suggested searching the BBC record libary - and they remastered the track from a mint condition 78rpm disc the BBC libary had - and ever since that is the track that is issued!!!!! And on this CD you can certainly tell - most of the tracks on this issue are bright and show some remastering, even though they have been sourced from previous BMG Cd's; in fact "Love Makes The World Go Round" was originally borrowed by RCA London from my personal CD collection and here it is again!
Como was a great singing star who made many marvelous tracks that were not his commercial singles - I fear that Sony will forever forget this legacy and just put our the same old collections - but I do wish this colletion would sell, maybe then Sony will be more adventourous.

4.0 out of 5 stars The most relaxed singer from his era, 30 May 2013
This review is from: Very Best Of (Audio CD)
Perry is so laid back he's horizontal, as the saying goes. Would have preferred a few live tracks, but Perry Como at his best

5.0 out of 5 stars Perry Como, 17 Sep 2013
This review is from: Very Best Of (Audio CD)
Getting nostalgic in old age now purchasing music that I would not have listened too a few years ago.

Have enjoyed playing it a few times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality artist, 28 May 2011
This review is from: Very Best Of (Audio CD)
They don't make them like this any more - and its a shame.
Quality recordings from a quality artist. This compilation gives a good section of Como's hits and range.
Easy listening for the listener who likes to hear a vocal and appreciate a good musical arrangement.
Well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Best of Perry Como, 11 Oct 2011
This review is from: Very Best Of (Audio CD)
Very good cd all the old favourites, I play it all the time in the car. Revives a lot of old memories

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Voice, So Mellow!, 17 Sep 2011
This review is from: Very Best Of (Audio CD)
I have always loved Perry Como, voice smooth as silk, great to chill out with and a great variety of songs. would highly recommendVery Best OfBest three pounds I've spent in a long while, takes me back to my childhood!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Best of Perry Como, 26 July 2011
This review is from: Very Best Of (Audio CD)
I got this for my Mum and Dad's Diamond Wedding anniversary to play in the background for 'mood music'. It brought back memories for them. Some tunes from my youth brought a few back for me too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tunz, 17 Feb 2011
This review is from: Very Best Of (Audio CD)
I have always liked listening to Perry Como, a soft voice you could listen to all day.
I think I will have to get another one, or even more.

5.0 out of 5 stars PERRY COMO, 15 July 2014
This review is from: Very Best Of (Audio CD)
I have so many of Perry's recordings, but this DVD has got most of his well known hits together - what a wonderful voice he had and he also helped many people to stardom through his TV shows|! Very highly recommended - my favourite singer and even my late husband came under his spell!

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Memories, 26 Jun 2014
Tim Truett "Tim Truett" (Abbots Bromley, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Very Best Of (MP3 Download)
Hey, I grew up with my parents listening to Perry. Listening now feels wonderful. Likely, if you're really a fan, that there are better versions of the recordings available. But this is adequate for occasional 50's listening.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›