on 23 April 2009
The vests were delivered very promptly. I was a bit disappointed by how thin the cotton was but they were very cheap so perhaps my expectations were too high.
on 8 June 2013
I bought these for wearing it in the gym.

I have not had any problem with the cloth shrinking, the only problem is the holes for the shoulder are a tad bit small and it rubs under the arms, but after a few days and a couple of washes they fit ok.
on 6 June 2016
I received two of these vests this morning, one black and one white in large size. As others have pointed out, the cut of the arm holes is all wrong. They are far too small for the size of vest, which is very uncomfortable. Two days prior to delivery, I bought a pair of sleeveless vest from Sainsbury's (Tu brand), also large size, and when comparing I found the Tu large is bigger than these Fruit of the Loom. The Tu sleeves are cut 2 inches lower than the FotL ones, and fit across the chest more comfortably. The FotL vests catch under the arms, and I feel that they will chaff badly with repeated movement. They are also tighter across the chest and down to the waist than the Tu of the same size, leading me to believe that Fruit of the Loom has underestimated the sizes. Large is not really large.

The material is 100% cotton from the Value range i.e. not thick like their famous heavyweight t-shirts, which is okay for a vest. The texture is akin to a printed t-shirt, a bit rougher than a vest intended as underwear, but it's fine - not sandpaper!

These vests would be good value for money if the cut was better. Their sizes are smaller than they should be, so buy a size up from what you normally wear. Hopefully this will solve the armhole problem.
on 13 June 2013
Really comfy, good materials used, good size, feels nice and soft against skin. Would highly recommend to anyone looking to buy this or something like this. :D
on 1 July 2013
Amazballs.
Its a vest, it fits, wash before use and use fabric softener, as it tends to get a little starchy
on 6 December 2011
The vests were poor quality. They were also badly designed and cut causing a poor fit. The neck is much lower than the illustrations. Very disappointing.
on 19 May 2014
Now that the warmer weather is here, this is the ideal top to be out in.
One word of caution, Read The Label!
I didn't on my first one & I ironed it on a high heat. Hmmm! The pesky thing shrunk!
The second one is fine so I wont make that mistake again. I think I will probaly wash the first one, drip dry it & use a cooler stting on the iron, ( as per instructions!)
The price is good but I haven't owned it long enough to state on how long it will last. As it is FOTL, it should be OK for a few years.
on 29 June 2014
Good quality material and reasonable costs. The problem is that although these vests have plenty of length the arm holes are not wide enough. My husband can't wear them so I have had to give them to my nephew who is very thin so they're a bit big for him. If you or the man in your life is muscular then they are great to show off their six pack but make sure they have skinny arms. Sorry its not more positive but there is enough material to alter the armhole if you are handy with the sewing machine.
on 11 October 2013
I love these vests as they keep you warm in the winter and boiling in the summer. A slight issue is their propensity for shrinkage in all directions, but this can be rectified by stretching while wet. Also they fade faster than a pop star, which isn't a problem for me as I use them as under garments.

All in all if you want a shrinking, fading vest (or don't mind) then these are excellent value. I'm still wearing mine and I got it 6 months ago.
on 18 July 2013
VALUE FOR MONEY EXCELLENT QUALITY AND SO CHEAP IN THIS HEAT IDEAL RECOMMENDED FOR HOME OR ABROAD VALUE FOR MONEY