5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth Sexy Jazz!
Published on 29 Sep 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars Forever For Now: Harry Connick Jr - Recipe for love?
This 1993 compilation album gathers the best tracks from Harry Connick Jr's first seven albums. It shows off the range of styles the singer/pianist/bandleader had worked in, from big band swing, intimate instrumentals, American songbook classics and self penned material.

Published on 12 Oct 2011 by Victor

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth Sexy Jazz!, 29 Sep 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: FOREVER FOR NOW (Audio CD)
This album is my all time favourite without a doubt. It has everything you need in a jazz album, from the more show stopping numbers like 'It Had To Be You' to the subtle acapella of 'Heavenly'. The title song 'Forever For Now' always gets my feet tapping and the piano only tracks are simply fantastic. For me this beats the recently popular 'ambient dance music' any day for relaxation. It will also make you smile (and want to learn the trumpet!)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun, 24 Aug 2003
Paul Johnson - See all my reviews
This review is from: FOREVER FOR NOW (Audio CD)
This is the first Connick album I bought and is still one of the most listened to. I guess part of that comes from the fact that I bought it when I was just getting into playing big band, so it is all the more special as it influenced me a lot at the time.
Anyway, as for the music, it is all decent enough - Connick always seems to surround himself with competant musicians and his voice is supurb. I personally believe that he has gone downhill as he has got older and this contains many of his finest tracks and it is certainally a good introduction for anyone unfamiliar with his music.

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful, long-lasting album, 21 April 2008
Petrolhead (Hong Kong) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: FOREVER FOR NOW (Audio CD)
This has me singing in the shower for almost 20 years. A friend had a copy at school and I kept singing the songs for years afterwards, finally caving in and realising I had to have a copy myself. If you like a good melody, treat yourself - I don't think you'll regret it.

The songs are mainly big band numbers with Harry soaring above in a playful, soulful one-man vocal party, although on a couple of tracks he contents himself with just tinkling on the ivories. His arrangements suit his voice perfectly, with the band giving it everything and before Harry's glorious, surging, crooning character takes over.

And I do feel, after listening to this album more times than I care to remember, that the thing that makes it special is that it's really alive and heartfelt, and that's why it is so much more touching and graceful and exciting than so many others. Harry Connick Jr clearly loved singing every song as much as I love listening to them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Forever For Now: Harry Connick Jr - Recipe for love?, 12 Oct 2011
Victor (Hull, England) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: FOREVER FOR NOW (Audio CD)

Many people rave about Connick as the greatest thing since sliced bread. Unfortunately, while the music is competent and well crafted, I always think it lacks that little bit of vital spark that would lift it to greatness. The songs are well written, nicely arranged and Connick is a good singer who obviously owes a lot to Sinatra. The resultant big band sound is pleasant enough, but the whole thing (as is often the way with major record label jazz releases of the era) feels way too over produced and slick. I just don't get the feeling of connection with the band or singer, or a sense of the passion behind the song. I know that some people like this approach, but I'll stick with Sinatra.

All in all, pleasant enough and an OK album, but lacking the oomph factor that would make it something special. 3 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good selection, 17 July 2011
This review is from: FOREVER FOR NOW (Audio CD)
A good selection of Harry Connick tracks for those (like me) who don't want all the albums. His jazz sense puts him well above pretenders who have taken the showbiz shilling.

3.0 out of 5 stars A nice album, 21 Nov 2012
This review is from: FOREVER FOR NOW (Audio CD)
I like Harry Connick's music, but this album although nice, was not what I really wanted to hear, but if you want a gentle
background music, this will be nice.

Forever For Now
Forever For Now by Harry Connick Jr.
Buy MP3 Album£5.49