on 16 May 2010
Bought one for my wife a while ago and eventually I had to replace my ugly plastic holder with my very own.

It holds a tax disc and it looks cool, not much more to say apart from fitting is OK as long as you remember to turn the radio on so that you have something to listen to while holding the disc in place for 5 minutes while the adhesive pads set in place.

Edit nearly 3 years later.

I note some negative comments about adhesiveness. Both of our holders are still firmly in place, perhaps it is important that you press fairly firmly for the full 5 minutes as suggested in the instructions.
on 29 June 2012
So I stumped up and bought the Richbrook Titanium Tax Disc Holder last October (2011). Fitting was a doddle and all went smoothly. The holder adheres to the windscreen with 3 soft plastic 'buttons' that are sticky on both sides. One side of the button sticks to the display side of the holder whilst the other side of the button sticks to the inside of the windscreen. It stayed in place and did what it said on the tin (or rather the CD style plastic holder it came in). BUT! its now the following June and we have had a few hot summer days, which means the inside of the car gets hot - and, you guessed it, the metal tax disc holder also gets hot which causes the plastic buttons to become so soft they lose any adhesive grip and the holder falls off the windscreen!! Cool the car and holder down, stick it back to the windscreen and it holds - then get another warm day and 'thud' it drops off again.
The problem is the plastic that the buttons are made of - its just too frail. Richbrook do a 'spare plastic buttons' pack for about £3.80 on Amazon which I will probably buy and give them a try - but should I really have to do that after paying £14 in the first place?

Edit at Sept 25th 2012 - I contacted Richbrook who sent me more gel buttons free of charge. I replaced the old buttons for the new ones and this time they seem to have done the job - no loss of grip or melting in hot weather, so thumbs up to Richbrook.
on 17 February 2010
Well engineered little ali tax disc holder. Has stayed on MX5 windscreen with 'sticky pads' well, the test of course will be over a number of years. Back unscrews and screws up easily.
on 10 September 2011
When the product arrived I thought it was rather heavy for the supplied gel stickers to support. I applied the tax disk holder and within about 10 miles it started to fall off, after 20 it did fall off. So I brought more gel pads and surrounded the whole outer rim of the holder.
This lasted about 1 month before it started to peel off the screen. After 2 months it fell off completely.

If you are looking for a tax disk holder this one is far to heavy to stick with the supplied pads only thing I could say is buy the larger pads but can not guarantee this would work as I have given up with it.
I went to Halfords and brought another chrome finish product that was much lighter only issue is you have to unscrew the bolts but I would rather do this than have a heavy item falling off my dashboard causing dints in my consoles and interiors. Not to mention the worry of it falling off when police are around as it is an offence not to display it.

One point to note: I drive a sports car and with the roof down you can get air blowing around the front window screen I do not know if this was a factor or not? But one I thought I should mention to be fair.
on 11 February 2011
Do not be frightened about fitting this item it was quite easy to do and the result really enhances the cars appearance
on 20 May 2011
Okay so this tax disc holder is slightly pricier than most but it really is fantastic value for money.

The build is excellent and the twist on twist off feature to change the discs is miles better than the previous allen bolts. I did find the colour of this to be slightly darker than expected but still looks good.

5/5
on 30 November 2010
Bought one of these about 6 years ago and it is still going strong and looks great. Fixed it no problems but would advise that you check placement before final fix to ensure that you can undo the 'Allen' bolts easily, I placed mine too close to the dash which has made it awkward to change the disc. Also keep the supplied 'Allen' key somewhere in the car where you will find it for the following year.
on 16 September 2010
Looks really cool on my RX8. Very pleased. One small point I found was that the sticky pad would not stick to the plastic spacer and it kept falling away at that point. So I took the spacer away and just used the sticky pads. Absolutely fine now.

This is also very keenly priced at £14, as they sell for £25 in the shops.
on 23 February 2014
OK I don't drive a Robin Reliant but I am sure it would still look great in one of those!

Really well made and just looks cool.

Easy enough to fit but make sure your in a comfy position with the stereo on before you start, it states you need to hold it in place solidly pressing it onto the windscreen for 5 minutes. I did it for 6 just to be sure as I read some peoples fell off.

Seems to have done the trick as mine is perfectly in place after a year and looking just as good.
on 11 October 2013
These look great, I have one in red to match the seats in my sports car and this to match my 'grown up' car. They are easy to apply - it is worth noting the sticky pads have a red backing, but are clear themselves, I made the mistake of thinking they would stay red and could have put them over the 'screw' holes to be less visible (as advised) if I had realised the red would go away.