5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant
I have a long haired, double coated (lots of undercoat) German Shepherd. Tried a lot of different brushes, including the furminator but this one beats them all.

Yes, it makes a bit of "clicking" noise but it brushes out ALL the dead undercoat without pulling or damaging fur.

Really recommend for anyone with a long haired double coated dog...
Published on 9 Mar. 2012 by Emigrantka

3.0 out of 5 stars Mikki Groom Anti-tangle Undercoat Rake
This is okay - the cats don't mind it as it doesn't tug as much as other combs. Although, I think I should really have ordered the smaller size as it is a bit big for my cats. It was difficult to see from the picture on the site just how big it was.
Published 13 months ago by Fifi

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant, 9 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Mikki Grooming Anti-tangle Undercoat Rake, Soft Grip Handle, Large (Misc.)

Really recommend for anyone with a long haired double coated dog.

Brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is THE brush, 22 Jun. 2012
I've owned Mikki rakes for the last 12 years. No, let me repharse that. For the 12 years I have owned GSDs, I have owned Mikki rakes... a whole two of them. The only reason I bought a second one is because the first one's prongs went sharp from all the use it got, and I suspect from me stupidly using it to gather up stray fluff balls from the patio.

Anyway, you probably won't need more than one per lifetime of your dog unless you lose it. This model in question is fabulous as it depresses and moulds to your dog's countours, which is more favourable than the fixed prong ones which have the tendency to sometimes pull at more than just fur.

Don't dither any longer, just hit "buy". You will not be disappointed. Mikki rakes are an absolute godsend. Don't bother with anything else other than maybe considering a Dyson pet grooming attachment... but you need a dog that's hoover friendly for that one! My current one is far from it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 13 July 2011
N. Reilly (Glasgow) - See all my reviews
My dog casts so much hair it's a miracle he isn't bald, but this rake is great. Removes even his tough undercoat and he seems to like it as the spikes are retractable to allow it to fit to his body, removing more hair and causing minimal discomfort. Great product at a great price. Only down side is that if this is for a small dog or a jumpy/nervous dog, the rake does make a slight clicking noise when the spike retract, but my dog is medium sized and he isn't bothered by it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Undercoat Rake, 29 April 2010
Would recommend. Couldn't believe how much loose hair our dog had. Noticed the difference from first use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dog comb, 6 Sept. 2010
S. Bennett - See all my reviews
wondered if the comb would do the job but well impressed and removed the under coat from our border collie with ease

5.0 out of 5 stars at last, a brush good enough for our amazingly hairy dog, 20 Aug. 2011
C. A. R. Croft (Bournemouth) - See all my reviews
we've been through SO many brushes for our newfoundland/retriever cross.... her undercoat gets quite matted and tangled, especially if she's been swimming in a pond or the sea, and the brushes with spikes with blobs on the end in a rubber cushion (if you know what I mean?) start to fail - the spikes get pushed into the rubber cushion. The furminator is good for getting undercoat out but can only cope with a dog that is already well combed. This one gets right down to the body of the dog rather than riding up onto the surface of the fur when you brush, and yet doesn't get stuck, so the dog doesn't mind it, in fact likes it. Brilliant!

High quality build too, I think it'll last. Even if it doesn't I'll buy another.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last!!, 27 May 2012
Ms. S. M. Williams (Broughton, North Lincs.) - See all my reviews
I have spent quite a lot of money on "miracle" grooming products for my Golden Retriever. The worse mistake was the Furminator which would have ruined his beautiful coat if I had continued using it. Fortunately I saw that it was in effect stripping the top coat within a few minutes of use. Three other attempts at finding something also proved disappointing. One more gamble I thought on this Grooming rake. Oh, if only I had seen this product first. I am really pleased with the results I am achieving by using this. My dog doesn't mind it all all. I can recommend this product completely but, as always, you have to keep in mind that it worked for my situation but it might not for yours. However, due to Amazon's excellent prices, it will not be an expensive mistake if it turns out not to suit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Rake for my 2 Chow Chows' very thick coats!, 8 Nov. 2011
I've gone through lots of these type of grooming rakes over the years. This one is comfortable to use, has good LONG, rotating teeth (especially good for the extra-thick coat) and seems very sturdy. Our Chows have very, very thick coats and this is the best rake I've tried yet. Not had it long though so, if it gives up the ghost on me then I shall attempt to update this reivew. However, I AM gonna buy a second one so I would recommend!

Additional review - March 2013.
I have since bought another of these rakes and am today ordering another. I must have lost one in the pile of grooming wool from a grooming session!
Therefore, again, highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for my doggy!, 5 Aug. 2011
Leonard Yu (Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark) - See all my reviews
I have an american cocker spaniel. You know, they have long and soft hair which can easily tangle. This helps a lot!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great brush., 3 Sept. 2014
Brilliant! So much of a difference, house has been destroyed in hair so I'm so happy I found this. Would have done a better job if my gsd hadn't been trying to eat fluff as it was coming off haha Would defiantly recommend. I had brushed her with a normal dog brush a few days ago and after 20 minutes got what I taught was a lot of hair but today did 5-7 minutes with this brush and got at least 5 times more hair off if not more. Wish my dog wasn't such a mental case when it came to grooming tho probably would have got more hair off if she didn't keep rolling over and running around me (Had nothing to do with brush, she does that anytime you want her to stay still) A must buy for anyone with a dog that moults.