Format: Audio CD|Change

on 14 January 2013
One of the best albums in that year. I love them and their idea to produce it with the choir.
on 5 July 2014
Bought as a Christmas present for a vinyl loving son in law. Much appreciated!
on 1 June 2009
I first heard this album about 5 days ago, and i literally haven't stopped playing it since. I was slightly dubious as to what it would sound like having not been a huge fan of 'Yellow House' their previous offering. However, i was pleasantly suprised.

Instantly i fell in love with the first two tracks, 'Southern Point' and 'Two weeks', the latter having been played on Jools Holland a week or so before. I admit the rest of the album probably takes a little 'getting into to' but it really is worth it. They round the album of perfectly with 'Foreground' which is truely a beautiful track.

Definitely a soundtrack for the summer.
on 25 January 2010
Since purchase of this album I have been playing it non stop.
It is expressed as indie but it covers many different genres.
There are a couple of songs that are ok but overall it is an amazing listen of folky, jazzy harmonic chords.
It is very hard to find and album with at least 3/4 of the songs at a great level and this is what you have here!

If you love sweet sounding harmonies this album is just up your street!
+If you ever get the chance to see them live then go. They were made to play live and are amazing at it!
on 25 November 2009
I really, really tried with this album. I heard some very early Grizzly Bear stuff a while back (Deep Sea Diver sticks in the mind) and I had heard a couple of tracks off this one. That, coupled with other peoples ecstatic reviews of how utterly brilliant this is, made me sure I would love it. Well, I've tried to love it. I've probably given it ten listens to allow it grab me, but it just doesn't. It's well produced, the songs are original and interesting but most of them just do nothing for me. I don't know why, but they don't. I'm sure these guys are talented enough to produce something amazing in the future but in my opinion, this isn't it. I doubt I'll be listening many more times.
on 24 June 2016
Beautiful but relentless, sometimes fragile sometimes brutal.
on 30 April 2009
i got this on the strength of a 4 star review in uncut - what put me off in the review was the comparisons with the grossly overrated and (in my opinion) dull fleet foxes.Anyway i gave it a whirl and this utterly blows away the bland foxes.very adventurous n experimental yet also traditional sounding - no mean feat and it kind of defies description - just what i was looking for while waiting for the next lips album........
on 25 July 2009
I first saw this band on the Jool's Holland show earlier in the year. I think they played 'two weeks' which intrigued me and I wanted to hear more so I bought the album and was not disappointed. The first two tracks are the strongest in my opinion, but there are some great moments on the rest of the CD. This band are technically very able and this becomes apparent when you hear the whole album. There are some very creative moments on the CD which really capture your attention. That said, I have to be in the right mood to listen to this, but I would recommend this anyone who wants to hear something new in a music scene where perhaps we keep getting deja vu when we hear most new acts.
on 10 February 2015
Great
on 9 July 2009
I can hear the connection, but I ain't feeling the joy. I turned to Grizzly Bear for a second hit of harmony, new melody, and folk influenced storytelling, but came away disappointed. Vocal and instrumental components are there, but the songs don't come together. Left-field sounds and structures are not enough unless they are underpinned by some level of truth and emotion.