Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 11 August 2013
The Promise was fun to watch. The GCI was not great, but the story line made up for that. Nicholas Tse plays a great badie as usual, and Cecilia Cheung is a bit clichéd as the object of everyone's affection. The leading man did not have many lines but was convincing enough. The costumes were very grand but the ending left you wanting more.
on 2 March 2013
Action, romance, martial arts, beautiful vibrant scenes. What's not to like. Oh did I mention the fantasy and intrigue and the price.
on 5 August 2011
This is a lovely little fairy tale, with plenty of enjoyable cheesy bits. I think its made well enough for what it is and don't understand the sour grapes in many of the other reviews. It's not blockbuster material, but I don't think that detracts from it's charm. I watch it about 3 times a year, so it's one that I wouldn't die without, but I like to have it on hand.
on 11 September 2009
The Promise is a stunningly visual as well as musical delight. It is highly evocative of love and regret. Whilst some of the scenes may seem slightly way out they never detract from the theme and therefore blend in well. The performances are great, the music fantastic and the photography spell binding. The Promise [DVD] [2005]
on 16 August 2009
If you like martial arts and special effects, you won't be disappointed. Picture quality is great compared with the DVD version. I can play this movie with my PS3 region A (USA).
on 10 September 2013
Was good condition all as it should be and loved the film it was at a good price I can't complain and I no for a fact I'd buy more great deals and thank you very much very pleased 😊packaged nice to
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 October 2015
a rich colorful fantasy, let down by over use of CGI, and a rather confusing plot. hard to believe this is from the same directer who gave us the magnificent 'Farewell My Concubine'
on 25 June 2013
A beautiful film, one of my all time favourite films. A tragic, romantic fantasy with a beautiful soundtrack. I completely recommend it!
on 13 May 2013
excellent story great characters kept the plot splendid array of colours. pleased to add to my collection. will watch again
on 16 December 2009
I love the Chinese Fantasy type films with the surreal imagery and the lovely colours.
Enjoyed watching this and will buy more in this genre.
Very pleased!