5.0 out of 5 stars worth it just for.....
Published on 10 Dec 2008 by cheekywench84

3.0 out of 5 stars 2 important songs missing!
Overall this album has some cool songs on it.. but.. where is Rob's let me sign? or radioheads 15 steps?! the song when she is dying (i think thats pretty important) and the first song of the credits, (again with the importance)and the two songs i heard in the movie that actually made me want to buy the soundtrack!! wah!
Published on 1 Jun 2009 by S. Chun

3.0 out of 5 stars 2 important songs missing!, 1 Jun 2009
S. Chun "head lost in the clouds" (england, south) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Twilight - Music From The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack [Special Edition CD+DVD] (Audio CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars worth it just for....., 10 Dec 2008
This review is from: Twilight (Audio CD)
I LOVE this album! I am a huge fan of the books, have not seen the film YET but the album when I listened to it I had the book going round in my head and the music fitted to that! The Paramore song's are Amazing Decode is my fave song right now and thanks to this album & author of the saga I am now very into the brilliant Muse! Well worth buying for it as a whole weather your a fan or not!

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC, 28 Dec 2008
J. Steele "Twilight fan" (Norfolk, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Twilight (Audio CD)
What a fantastic selection of artists. I love all the tracks, so haunting!! I've listened to the CD constantly, I'm hooked, hooked, hooked. I totally agree with what the previous review says if you read the book while listening to the music it all seems to make sense. Until a week ago I had never heard of Stephenie Meyer (author of Twilight). Seen Twlight twice now, going again!! and I'm now starting to read the third book (Eclipse). Happy listening.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed but please read why........., 3 May 2009
I already owned (& loved) the Twilight soundtrack when I ordered this item. I ordered this version solely on the basis that it claims to be a special edition containing 2 bonus tracks, one of which being Let Me Sign by Rob Pattinson. NEITHER are on the CD. Very disappointed at what is basically false advertising!! Ignore the 1st review about this CD, it's misleading. You can only get Let Me Sign by downloading off iTunes in America apparently. So unfair!

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 24 May 2009
Laura (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
I love this CD! Listened to it over and over again. Love the songs in the film, they gave just the right kind of atmosphere.
I think Rob Pattinson's 'Never Think' is a brilliant song, subtly portraying Edward's feelings. Thought it was great that it had both Paramore songs on, love them both and also adore Linkin Park 'Leave out all the rest'. I've loved Muse's 'Supermassive Black Hole' for years so I was so happy when I found out that was on the soundtrack. You just can't sit still to that song (well I can't anyway)!
The only song I think that would make it any better would be to add Rob Pattinson's 'Let Me Sign' onto this album as it had such a big impact in the film in my opinion. I'm aware it is on the Score album for the movie but I personally think it is missed on the soundtrack. (This is th only reason I gave 4stars and not 5).

The bonus songs, including O.A.R. - Love is worth the fall, which we havn't heard before, only add to the whole CD. I have to admit I'm a little confused where 'Love is worth the fall' has come from as I'm not sure if it is even in the film (I'm going to listen out for it next time I watch), but it's a nice addition nevertheless. I also enjoyed watching the bonus DVD with a few music related interviews and some music videos.

Over all I thought this was a really good soundtrack CD +bonus material. Can't wait until New Moon, already excited to watch the film and check out what makes it onto that soundtrack!

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it BUT ...., 17 April 2009
This review is from: Twilight (Audio CD)
I love this soundtrack BUT BUT why oh why isn't Let Me Sign on it? This song is the one Pattinson (Edward) is singing during the ballet studio scene and (according to posts on various sites) is one of THE most loved songs by the guy - but it is NOWHERE on the official soundtrack. Bad decision. But still a great album for all that.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm not seventeen, but, 13 April 2009
This review is from: Twilight (Audio CD)
I have a confession to make: I've been playing this album incessantly since it landed on my doorstep 2 weeks ago. I bought it on the back of Twilight the movie, which for me embodied perfectly everything a young, modern, exciting film should be. I'm a hyper-critical, hyper-cultural 23-year old, and a vampire teen flick could easily not have appealed, however I was floored. The music struck me instantly as a huge part of the film's power to thrill and move, and I bought this soundtrack initially to help tide me over until the DVD release... but it surprised me by standing apart as a brilliant collection of songs, whose enjoyment is enhanced by, but in no way reliant on, the film.

The opening track is one of my favourites - Muse on brilliant form, with Bellamy's soaring vocals sounding super-sexy and tortured over the assault of guitars. Paramore unleash a wonderful angst-ridden performance on Decode, with Hayley Williams's impressive voice putting an intense degree of emotion into the sort of song I wish had been around when I really was a gothy 17-year old. Full Moon has an amazing instant-relax effect on me, and I'm starting to pick out the layers of drum & bass lying unexpectedly beneath the shimmering violins and a cool West Coast lyric & vocal (apparently these guys are English - glorious). Leave Out All The Rest is another stand-out track, its heartbeat pulse taking me back to the Linkin Park stuff I used to love angsting over in the 90s, and makes for particularly obsessive listening. Spotlight provides a frenetic break, and is also addictive. Go All The Way (Into The Twilight) is a weaker moment, possibly only because of the embarrassingly ditzy female rap (which thankfully only lasts a few seconds). Tremble For My Beloved doesn't do much for me either, but is innocuous and pleasant listening. Cue a second serving of Paramore, equally evocative if less penetrative than the first - just love her vocal attack though. The album then takes on a more sultry tone, starting with the delicious spareness of Blue Foundation's draculaic Eyes On Fire. Rob Pattinson would happen to be a superb musician, further proving that in this life, all hands are not dealt equal. Never Think struck me initially as a bit dull, especially as Pattinson's real soul-wrencher, Let Me Sign, is inexplicably left off here. However, the acoustic intimacy is lovely, and the track has grown on me to the point of haunting. The real delight on this album for me though is Iron & Wine's Flightless Bird, American Mouth - at first sounding like a classic oldie, the aggressively quirky lyrics teamed with tissue-paper-soft vocal delivery create a disarmingly strong impression that, like a dream, lasts long after the song and album have wound up. Finally, as though in token of the inextricability of soundtrack from score in this film, Bella's Lullaby closes the album with Carter Burwell's 2min 30s of pure piano joy. I defy any female not to wish this had been written for her. Pure expressive magic.

Perhaps the strongest indication that this album, whilst being an essential accompaniment to the film, can stand on its own two feet: I came to it knowing only Muse and Linkin Park, and I've come away curious about a few other fascinating artists whose music I can't wait to explore. My only gripe is the exclusion of both Let Me Sign, which has been haunting my waking hours since I saw the film, and of the song that plays just before the full end credits, which is also awesome.

You'll love this album if you a) loved Twilight b) are 17 (or 23) c) have or have ever had "the angst" or d) all of the above. But if not, there's a chance you might love it anyway. Purchase and play loudly... and have tissues ready for the last bit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wheres Rob Pattinsons 'Let me Sign'?, 9 Jun 2009
I absolutly Love this album. It has introduced me to the likes of Paramore, who i now love. I think Rob Pattinson is an amazing musician and singer. I was dissapointed that his song 'Let Me Sign' from the movie did not feature on the album. Its and amazing song with amazing lyrics.

4.0 out of 5 stars "Can you see what we've done?", 11 Jan 2009
Brida "izumi" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Twilight (Audio CD)
TWILIGHT is quite a dark film and this album opens with the most perfect song for it, "Supermassive Black Hole" by Muse. This song (which almost makes it worth buying the album just for this if nothing else) has great music; a really strong beat with fantastic lyrics. It brilliantly sums up the feel of the film.
My other favourites are the songs by Paramore, Linkin Park, Collective soul and Rob Pattinson.
As others have said, the songs seem to fit into the film very well, almost explaining the developing relationship between Edward and Bella. Listening to Paramore's "Decode" is a good example of this - the lyrics could almost have been said by Bella herself. And it does make me want to see the film again, as it adds something else to it.
The only reason I have given it 4 stars is because I would have liked to have had Debussy's 'Clare de Luna' included (from the scene where Bella goes to his house and she sees his bedroom). It is one of my favourite pieces of music and I think it also has something to add to this soundtrack. Otherwise, can't be faulted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best music CD in years, 21 Mar 2012
Wow! I haven't emjoyed a music CD as much as this one in the last 30 years. It has totally blind sided me. I know I liked some of these songs but I really liked them all, which is very unusual. The bonus content and DVD are all as good too. I'd definitely recommend this CD to anyone who enjoys well written and beautifully performed songs. ENJOY!