Format: Audio CD|Change

on 19 May 2011
This is a very enjoyable work,and one which should be performed more.If you know Mendelssohn's "Elijah" you will enjoy "Paulus".This performance is in German,and I do remember hearing "St.Paul" sung in English on an older recording,which also was enjoyable.after hearing this recording it reminds me what a great composer Mendelssohn was.. I recomend that you hear Symphony No 2 "Hymn of Praise" this is a very great work for soloists choir and orchestra.(a good recording is the L.S.O.Abbado.)
on 19 September 2013
Bought this to familiarise myself with the music as our local orchestra and choir were rehearsing for a performance. This helped greatly and is a wonderful and stirring piece of music to listen to at any time.
on 5 March 2014
A very accomplished performance of this work, which is also a good recording. I could imagine that many people listen primarily to Elijah, but you will be pleasantly surprised by this choral work.
on 10 September 2013
A very good recording of this work. I used it to get get a sense of the music before performing it as a choir member but have continued to play it since.
on 20 February 2014
Why is this not performed more often, as Elijah is? It would have suited my personal choir rehearsals more if it had been in English.
on 29 January 2014
This is a great CD and was loved by the friend to whom I gave it.I would recommend it toanyone else of similar tastes.
on 26 April 2013
This is a rarely heard and performed work by Mendelssohn, and it is well worth listening to this excellent recording.