5.0 out of 5 stars Good twist on advent
Published on 24 Nov 2009 by Sean OToole

2.0 out of 5 stars Lego Advent Calender
A lot of small peices that keep comimg apart. Probably better for a child over 7yrs
Published on 15 Dec 2009 by John Terry

5.0 out of 5 stars Good twist on advent, 24 Nov 2009
Sean OToole (Derby, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO City 7687 Advent Calendar 2009 (Calendar)
This lego advent calendar is quite a novel product, with each door opening to a lego minifigure or other lego accessory, most of them Christmas based. The entire box contains around 250 pieces, with a great deal of them being special pieces rather than just basic bricks, which makes the calendar even better. The flap of the advent calendar also doubles up as a playmat, with road, snow, some grass and a frozen lake.

If you can afford the bigger pricetag than a simple chocolate advent calendar and you have children who enjoy lego, then this is an excellent buy as a countdown to christmas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lego City 7687 Advent Calendar, 9 Nov 2009
Mrs. H. "Mrs. H." (West Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO City 7687 Advent Calendar 2009 (Calendar)
I bought last years advent calendar for my two sons, then aged 3 and 5. They were so excited to open the doors each day that they didn't realise they were counting down the days until Christmas! I hope this years is as good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but popular, 5 Aug 2010
This review is from: LEGO City 7687 Advent Calendar 2009 (Calendar)
I have promised for years to buy my youngest son one of these and finally, at 12, I thought he was too old for this but he loved it. Expensive but I don't spoil him often and he loved it. Not sure he will find it quite so entertaining a second time though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yay! No horrible chocolate - just lots of fun, 27 Jun 2010
Lovely Treez (Belfast, N Ireland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: LEGO City 7687 Advent Calendar 2009 (Calendar)
we have two of these, one for my son which he saved up for when my daughter got one for her birthday. It is certainly a lot more fun than a sickly chocolate and the figures can be recycled in lots of imaginative play - just make sure you keep track of them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for any age!!, 13 Dec 2009
The Squirrels (Muir of Ord, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO City 7687 Advent Calendar 2009 (Calendar)
As always I feel that lego is a bit over priced, however we got this advent calendar at a reduced price and I have to say my three kids love it. We are only at day 13 so have not opened all the doors yet.

The calendar is a great way to encourage the kids to be good during the day so they can open the door at night, they love taking it in turns to open each door and they know from the packaging that they will be getting a santa lego man; we are all having bets to see which door he will be behind.

I have to say that Lego is fantastic for little minds. My son shows me the things he makes and I am always suprised what a great imagination he has with the lego. I would always recommend any lego product as my children have hours of fun with it. We adults also get to relive a little of our childhood too!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy!, 22 Dec 2009
F. Clark "fifepixie" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO City 7687 Advent Calendar 2009 (Calendar)
I bought this for my 10 yo son uuho is Lego crazy... he uuas over the moon uuhen I gave it to him on 1st December... and it's the first thing he does every morning uuhen he gets up. If you have a Lego collector in the family it's ideal because you can choose one to match their particular collection and there's no uuaste at the end of the day. I'll definitely be buying him one next year and Amazon uuas the best price too. :O)) I also managed to get him 2 larger boxed sets on Amazon that I couldn't source anyuuhere else - so he'll be happy on Xmas morning.LEGO® Castle 7036: Dwarves' Mine uuas one of them - again at a great price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Who cares if it isn't Christmas?, 13 Jan 2010
M. Stribley (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO City 7687 Advent Calendar 2009 (Calendar)
Great for all kids, including very big ones and much better than a cheap chocolate advent calendar! You get the usual festive fun in the countdown to Christmas by building a new mini-figure or other item each day and can either re-use next year or add the bits to your existing Lego collection and buy a different one next year. The models are completely non-religious; the Lego City advent calendar features winter-related themes such as snowmen, ice-skating and sledging and secular themes such as Christmas trees and Father Christmas. Some retailers are now selling them for half price...

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bit of chocolate in sight !, 23 Dec 2009
J. Ruddick (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO City 7687 Advent Calendar 2009 (Calendar)
The children have had lots of fun opening this every day in December.
Any Lego Fan would love this.
Great alternative to the horrible chocolate advent calender.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Advent Lego, 14 Dec 2009
Mr. D. E. Brooks (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO City 7687 Advent Calendar 2009 (Calendar)
My son wakes me up EVERY morning with the first thing out of his lips being, "Can we open the advent calendar, Daddy?" He absolutely adores it! The Lego(TM) characters and models you have to make are wonderful. One or two so far have been a bit obscure but begin to make sense as more doors are opened.
Highly recommend - see if you can get a good deal though as it is a pricy thing. We've only done this as he's having a Lego(TM) Christmas - he just hasn't realised it yet!

5.0 out of 5 stars Never had so little trouble getting them out of bed in winter!, 11 Dec 2009
K. Shepherdson "katfrinmouse" (Yorkshire England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO City 7687 Advent Calendar 2009 (Calendar)
Every morning my son has got dressed in record time and sprinted to the calendar as soon as he can. I couldn't believe it the first time it happened! He likes to try and lie in for as long as possible. It does have it's drawbacks though - as the time he was late getting up the calendar took precedence over getting to school. Unlike chocolate calendars I can see him still wanting to count down which is better than having a half eaten calendar lying about after christmas before mum decides she'd better finish it off.

LEGO City 7687 Advent Calendar 2009