5.0 out of 5 stars played with every day
Published on 24 July 2010 by hayles

3.0 out of 5 stars Limited but fun
This is the first Duplo I'd bought since 1987 & I know house prices have rocketed since then but was surpised at how little you get for your money! My son built it for his 2 1/2yr old daughter & was disappointed by its rigid design in that it can't be made into lots of different styles of house. She did enjoy playing with the Duplo family & taking the baby for a 'walk' in...
Published on 2 Jan 2011 by C. Weaver

5.0 out of 5 stars played with every day, 24 July 2010
This review is from: LEGO DUPLO 5639: Family House (Toy)
My son recieved this for christmas from his grandparents a month before his second birthday (he already had a basic duplo building set). When they bought it i was a little put off by how expensive it was and probably wouldnt have bought it for him myself, however it has been a great hit. He loves it more than any of his other toys and has played with it almost daily since he got it (7 months ago). It is always out as he never wants to put it away. He loves making differnt houses and arranging the furniture and positioning his family - making dinner and sitting at the table to eat, having a bath, using the toilet, going to bed etc. He basically replays all of his own experiences. We have since bought other little bits a pieces second hand to add to his house like sofas, a fridge, shelving, a few food bricks etc. The house and accessories have been great for his imagination and he never ceases to amaze me with his adventurous setups. We have recently even made our own TV, CD player, clock etc by cutting out small pictures from a catalogue and sticking them on to bricks with sellotape to extend his play further. I have also recently had to help him make a 'holiday house' having just returned from holiday-we have used blue bricks to make a swimming pool by the house and other bricks to make a simple bbq and he has even used one of the yellow base bricks to make himself a beach which his family walk to for a day out and a park with a swing, simple balance beams/climbing frame made from simple bricks. My son loves this house and i am so glad that my parents bought it for him as toy wise it has been our best buy by far. Am now planning on buying him the shop too as we frequently have to try and make one with what we have and feel like buying it would be worth the cost (i contemplated it for his birthday but decided it was a bit pricey) but now i know better! THIS HOUSE WAS A FANTASTIC BUY

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun!, 21 Mar 2011
This review is from: LEGO DUPLO 5639: Family House (Toy)
My son has several LEGO duplo sets, and this is his favorite. He is 3, and he still needs a little help putting some parts together. He plays with this toy several times a week, and when his friends come over, they love playing with it too!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent!, 6 Jun 2011
This review is from: LEGO DUPLO 5639: Family House (Toy)
this was my 18 month son's first Duplo Lego toy - and it was excellent. he has played lots with it... and what he likes most is that he can identify his own daily routine with scenes and parts of the house! really successful!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this lego set, 5 Jan 2011
This review is from: LEGO DUPLO 5639: Family House (Toy)
We bought this as a present for our 1,5 years old daughter, but most of the time it is our 4y old girl who is playing with it all the time. We had already two other duplo sets - supermarket and playground, but this house is definitely the best one. Even I like to play with that and with the two other sets it is just perfect. You can do many different houses, it is just up to your imagination. My big girl was never playing very much with lego before, only know it makes a perfect set for her - there is a baby with a buggy, real bathroom furniture, beds with bedding, etc... For us it is worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun addition, 5 Jan 2012
ellee (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO DUPLO 5639: Family House (Toy)
My 2.5 yo son got this for Christmas. Our local doctor has something similar and I had noticed he seemed very engaged by it.

He was immediately very interested and mimics different things that happenaround our house such as minding the baby, putting people to bed, going on the swing and plenty that doesn't such as putting a helipad on the roof for his helicoptor!

It's a lovely set adn you get a lot of different peices for your money. He plays with these separate and with other toys, feeding the bread to his animals for example.

Certainly, he cannot not construct it yet himself. And I notice the instructions only cover one type of construction but there are clearly at least two others pictured on the box. In any case, really, it is only your imagination which would limit what you build! After building the suggested construction it seems to me to be a bit too closed in to allow play to progress freely. We only built it that way once.

All in all, a great toy for any gender. I'm sure his sister will love it in time too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 29 Dec 2011
M. Farrar - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO DUPLO 5639: Family House (Toy)
Didn't know what to buy my granddaughter this Christmas so when my daughter-in-law reminded me that she still loved Lego Duplo I looked on Amazon and was thrilled to find the Family House still in stock. It arrived so quickly I was shocked and was delighted at her pleasure on opening it on Christmas Day. She and her Dad set to building it and it was lovely hearing them chat over the details and design. She particularly loved the 'people' as they have always been her favourite. This is a really wonderful sturdy toy, which I know will be around for a long time. Although my granddaughter is almost 5 there was no suggestion that she is outgrowing Duplo and it certainly feeds her imagination.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for girls and boys, 17 Dec 2010
This review is from: LEGO DUPLO 5639: Family House (Toy)
I purchased this for my nephew's 3rd birthday and chose it as it wasn't too girly.

It went together nicely and can be arranged in several different ways, it is also very robust as you would expect from a duplo product.

Only thing I wasn't so keen on is the 'baby' is a bit freaky looking and there were some random picture blocks, that just didn't really add anything, however my nephew loved it and at the end of the day, he's the one it's aimed at!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 28 Dec 2010
This review is from: LEGO DUPLO 5639: Family House (Toy)
My daughter got this house as a present this Christmas and she has played with it everyday since. Great the way you can change around the house and use the pieces with the different duplo sets. I have five children ranging from 14 months to 12 and they all have great fun with this. My two year old son also got the Bin Truck which is great to go along with this house. Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for Grandchild, 15 Oct 2013
This review is from: LEGO DUPLO 5639: Family House (Toy)
As always Duplo provides hours of play , it is strong and last for years and best of all Children love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good toy, 11 Jun 2012
This review is from: LEGO DUPLO 5639: Family House (Toy)
I got it for my 3 years old daughter. She loves it, she is playing wit it almost every day. A bit expensive, but worth the price.

ARRAY(0xa0a4e240)