4.0 out of 5 stars Good reminder of core principles
Published on 25 April 2003 by K. Reyburn

1.0 out of 5 stars Annie
Sorry, folk, but I do not rate this tiny book above a one star. The best part of the book was the outer back cover.
Published on 2 Oct. 2010 by Annie

4.0 out of 5 stars Good reminder of core principles, 25 April 2003
K. Reyburn (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I read this book on the referral of an older woman in my church. She had received it as a gift when she was 10 years old and loved it. I am 27 and I loved it. It is written in the style of the day, in terms of the small morals that are inserted in an open way instead of hidden so deeply inside that you can't find them, and in that the characters speak very directly and clearly to the issues. I loved the character of the girl's father ("he thought that life of little worth which could not afford an hour or at the very least a half an hour before the day began in which to approach the throne of the Almighty...") and his influence on his daughter; I loved the humble and modest attitude of the girl. I think girls these days are encouraged to be independent and strong instead of humble and modest. While it is good to be confident in Christ, it is also excellent to be reminded of those characteristics Christ would have you display...and this book reminds you of those.

5.0 out of 5 stars brings back memories, 27 July 2012
This review is from: Basket of Flowers (Hardcover)
I read this book as a child and still remember the story. I have told my children about the story and will like them to read it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reminders!, 12 Jun. 2013
This review is from: A Basket of Flowers (Paperback)
My Mother read this book to me sixty years ago, and I was so glad to read it again, I remembered most of the story, but now realise, it was a lesson in Christianity, as my Mother was a devout Christian.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly written, 2 May 2014
This review is from: A Basket of Flowers (Paperback)
I think this author is now my most favourite author. This is an ideal christian story book for adults and children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Mar. 2015