4.0 out of 5 stars Impressed
Published on 6 May 2010 by H. Johnston

It's not what I've expected it to be - it's far too easy and I don't feel like its a full on exercise. I still use it but on my lazy days when I don't want to do too much.
Before I slate it off too much and put people off I must say I was going to the gym regularly and have given up at 33 weeks (I'm 37 weeks pregnant now). Hope this helps people make up their mind!
Published 8 months ago by Ms. M. Kovac

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressed, 6 May 2010
H. Johnston (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Prenatal Pilates [DVD] (DVD)
I was pleasantly surprised by this DVD ... I agree with others, it does move slightly too fast, especially given that being heavily pregnant - no matter how healthy - does NOT make one the quickest of movers!! Having said that, the short but thorough sections ensure you stay motivated as you know you're never far from finishing that part (none of that "ahhh come on, just got one more left ... $%£! AGAIN?!") and unlike most antenatal DVDs, you WILL feel the results, and actually see them, which is a great motivator during a time of life when you're expanding by the day!! I'm near the end of my second pregnancy and this time have maintained my body confidence ... my survival kit has been Isabella Oliver items on ebay, Erin O'Brien's Fitness Fix, Tara Lee's Yoga, this DVD, and the mama mio products. Enjoy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable results, 14 May 2011
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Prenatal Pilates [DVD] (DVD)
I loved this DVD during my pregnancy and was back at my pre pregnancy weight 2 weeks after my baby was born (I had swam 5 miles a week with my first baby and it still took me months to lose the weight. I am in my late thirties and prior to getting this DVD had only done about 5 pilates classes.

I started doing this DVD around 18 weeks pregnant - at first I could only just manage a couple of segments but I stuck with it doing a couple each day gradually building up (over about 5 weeks) to doing the full DVD 4 or 5 times a week and felt great throughout my pregnancy - with none of the backache that came with my first one - right up to the day my baby was born at 41 weeks. I don't know if it was the pilates that helped or just coincidence but I had a C-Section with my first baby and this time round I managed a natural birth with a very short labour.

I started doing the flat belly fast segment of this DVD (and Rapid Results 10 minute solution) from couple of weeks after having my baby and am already seeing great results - my posture (which was terrible from breast feeding and carrying my first) is greatly improved and I already fit (10 weeeks after birth) in clothes I haven't worn since before my first baby 4 years ago.

I can't recommend this DVD enough -especially if you are tied to the house with little ones!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to fit in daily., 2 Oct. 2011
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Prenatal Pilates [DVD] (DVD)
I have only been doing this DVD for a few weeks as we have only just got a new DVD player. In that time I have really seen the difference in my body, my arms are more defined and my bottom is more toned and I do not suffer from the chronic sciatica and PGP that I did last time because when I feel a niggle of pain I just do the flexibility section and it goes away.

Not sure I agree with the people saying the core section is inappropriate, the way I see it Lizbeth Garcia is an experienced Pilates instructor and would not suggest poses that could harm you during pregnancy, I have done the core section with no problems and the use of pillows mean you are well supported, when I did a pilates class in my last pregnancy I did exercises on my back and was supported by lots of pillows. Also the amount of time you spend flat on your back in the flexibilty section is minimal so this doesn't concern me either. Upon asking my midwife I was told it is spending long periods of time lying on your back that could be harmful.

I do feel like I have really worked my body even after only a 10 minute session and the short sessions make me feel like I have achieved something. I will definitely be looking into another 10 minute solutions pilates dvd to help get me back in shape after my baby is born. Definitely reccomend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Prenatal Pilates DVD, 14 Nov. 2010
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Prenatal Pilates [DVD] (DVD)
I thought i'd better buy myself an exercise DVD as at the time was 10 weeks pregnant and was not sure what exercise i could and could not do. This DVD is excellent. It's not too hard that you are covered in sweat, but it works you enough that you can feel your muscles stretching and you feel proud when you finish it. It's got different 10 minute sections so if you are feeling adventurous you can try the 'core' workout or if you just need to relax you can have the 'flexibility' workout. If the Instructor was not VERY pregnant herself i would have wondered if these exercises were suitable, but she is working out with a massive bump and not breaking a sweat!
Overall i do rate this 5/5 as it is easy to challenge yourself to do just 10 minutes of exercise a day (or however frequently you would like) and it not to challenging for the not-to-flexible pregnant ladies out there, like myself.
I'm now 15 weeks and feel that this video is really helping me with my pelvis pain and stiffness and am seriously crossing my fingers in hope that this will give me an easier labour as promised by the Instructor.

3.0 out of 5 stars ... I've expected it to be - it's far too easy and I don't feel like its a full on ..., 3 Sept. 2014
Ms. M. Kovac "MK" (Ashford, UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pilates Workout, 7 Nov. 2012
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Prenatal Pilates [DVD] (DVD)
If you are used to Pilates then this is a fantastic DVD. I am 16 weeks pregnant and have been doing this workout from the beginning. I am used to using Pilates DVDs and had a fairly good level of fitness before falling pregnant. One of the things I love about this workout is there are 5 10 minute sections so you can mix and match to do as much as you want (or feel able to do!)this makes it easy to fit into your day even hen you're feeling exhausted. The instructor does go though the workout pretty fast and there is a lot packed in but that's understandable when she only has 10 mins and after a few runs through I found it easy to keep up. She is also not too annoying (no time for silly anecdotes that become tedious on the 20th time through). I envision myself being able to do this workout for the majority of my pregnancy. The one down side is that (as with all Pilates workouts) it does not raise your heart rate so I alternate it with Complete Pregnancy Fitness [DVD] for a complete workout.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable and effective workout, 14 Sept. 2011
S. Lewalter (Frankfurt, Germany) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Prenatal Pilates [DVD] (DVD)
I found having this work-out broken down into 10-minute slots a great motivator - I could even just do 10-minutes before work if I could get up early enough, and even that made me feel better. Ideally, I customise the work-out to do standing pilates, but and thighs and then the whole body work-out - a fast-moving, 30 minute work-out that certainly feels good.

The routines move on quickly - but that just requires a bit of pausing the first couple of times. The routines quickly become familiar and the speed of change between moves is fine (and necessary to make the most of just a 10-minute session on each area).

Only criticism: I am neither a fitness expert nor a physio but was puzzled by the "core" section - surely it is neither effective nor good to do straight sit-ups when pregnant? This part felt very uncomfortable and I totally leave it out.

Lizbeth Garcia has a pleasant and not annoying manner and I would be keen to do other work-outs by her. I am very pleased I bought this DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars No more excuses - even pregnant women can work on their cores!, 8 Nov. 2014
S. Shaffi "Viva Ceylon" (Morden, London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Prenatal Pilates [DVD] (DVD)
Used it for the first time during my last (and 5th pregnancy)- very cheerful soul and very doable exercises despite having significant SPD/ low back pain. And the best thing getting my money's worth as I continue to use the exercises postnatally!
Well Elsabeth- and hope baby Sienna is doing great too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great, 20 May 2011
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Prenatal Pilates [DVD] (DVD)
I'm 4 months pregnant & bought this DVD When I was about 12 weeks along as I have 1 of the other 10 minute solution ones & really liked it. It didn't disappoint at all. Some of the other reviews said it was a bit fast in places when changing position but I haven't found that at the moment, although when you're bigger & carrying more weight this might be a problem. The instructor is really clear & likeable & not at all annoying as some can be. The workouts are challenging, especially the standing & total body one, although I'd been quite unwell early in my pregnancy & had lost alot of my pre pregnancy fitness. If you're already fit they might be a little easy but I really think they'd still be beneficial. I'll be continuing this throughout the rest of my pregnancy. I think it helps that the instructor looks great too. She's 34 or 36 weeks pregnant & looks fab! Really good buy & a good price too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - stays off the shelf!, 23 Sept. 2011
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Prenatal Pilates [DVD] (DVD)
I must say, this is the first exercise video I have done for a prolonged length of time, it stays in my DVD player and I pop it on every couple of days. Sometimes for 10 mins, sometimes 20.

I agree it does go quite fast, but now I know the routines, and feel like I want to continue on a particular exercise I just pause it and do a few more reps at my own pace. This also means you can get a slightly harder work out if you wish.
The 10 min chunks are perfect as you can just jump in and do a session while the rice is cooking. Especially the standing pilates, this is a go to session if you want ease.
I have definitely noticed more definition in my bump since doing the core work outs, my arms are more toned from the arm weight exercises and the stretching really makes a difference.
I would recommend this to any pregnant lady, it gets you off the sofa, if only for 10 minutes - it's something!

10 Minute Solution - Prenatal Pilates [DVD]