5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for beginners
Published on 25 Oct 2010 by AF

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 16 July 2010
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Rapid Results Pilates [DVD] (DVD)
This pilates dvd is fantastic. I would recommend it to anyone. When I started working out with this pilates dvd a few months ago I thought there was no way I could do any of the moves but I was wrong. For the first few days I was very sore, which is a good thing as I truly beleive in no pain no gain. Now I do the pilates dvd about four times a week for half an hour and I don't even think twice about what I'm doing. The moves can be picked up very quickly.

I recommend the waist slimmer, buns and thighs and body blast sections. I noticed my body toning up within a couple of weeks, especially by stomach and if I do say so myself I now don't look like I have had two children as my stomach is now more toned than it was before I had kids.

I have tried a lot of different excercise dvd's and also different excercise but I have never got the results that I have gotten with this 10 minute solution rapid results pilates dvd. My husband has also commented on the results which is great to hear.

One word of advice is that when you first start the excercises and you haven't done pilates before, keep going. You might find it difficult at first but it will definately get a lot easier if you stick to it and the results are worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic all over body shaping, stretching and toning, 5 May 2009
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Rapid Results Pilates [DVD] (DVD)
I really enjoy 10 minute solution Pilates and 10 minute solution yoga with the same instructor, Lara Hudson. I have been looking forward to the Rapid Results Pilates for a long time as I saw that it was available in America in Region 1 format and I am so pleased I ordered it! This is a wonderful all over body work out, with fantastic pilates sets to shape and tone your abs, arms, bottom and thighs.

Like the other two videos, it is fast-paced and challenging, and gets right down to business. If you're a complete beginner to pilates, you won't find a lengthy introduction or detailed explanations - you start exercising and working those muscles straight away. In fact, I really like this about all the Lara Hudson workouts - you don't lie on your mat for 5 minutes with your legs in the air waiting for the explanation to end and to actually start actually doing it!! So for each of the 5 segments, you actually are working out, and the instructions and cues are really spot on, so even if you're not looking at the screen you will know what to do.

Some of the moves are quite advanced and require a lot of flexibility, so be prepared to keep your legs slightly lower at first until your flexibility improves. Some of the sections call for weights to really sculpt your arms and shoulders - and boy can you feel it! There is plenty of variety here, lots of different moves with a few repetitions, so you don't get bored. In fact, these are all pilates exercises with a twist - typical pilates moves but with new, challenging variations added. Expect a lot of bridges, leg lifts, and flow series to burn calories...but they all have new elements added, so you're not doing the same things as on the other pilates dvds.

This is very varied, challenging, but also fun. Whereas I could do 10 minute solution pilates and keep up with it, I had to stop at least twice while doing this dvd, especially the Total Body Blast section which is a killer and gets you sweating. Luckily you can choose just one or two sections to start out with. And the great thing is that even if you do 10 or 20 minutes with this dvd you will still get a decent workout that you can feel.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the greatest DVDs I have purchased, 23 Jun 2009
D. N. PANTELATOU (Athens, Greece) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Rapid Results Pilates [DVD] (DVD)
I found this DVD absolutely wonderful because it has made a difference in my body within 2 weeks; My belly flatenned, I am energised and feel and look good. The workout is great, works the whole body, and as you have choices as to what section to do, you end up doing the full 50minutes with ease. Loved it!

5.0 out of 5 stars keeps me nifty at 50!, 15 Jun 2013
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Rapid Results Pilates [DVD] (DVD)
I have always liked keeping fit, but i feel rather high mileage now and am nowhere near as active as i used to be.
I can get migraines and feel like i am velcroed to the bed if i do too much.
However, i am astounded this summer that i can still fit into clothes from 20 years ago and my ass looks great!
Over the years i have had to cut down greatly on my exercise classes/general activity, and the only thing i can thank for keeping me in shape, really is this dvd.
Even though i now exercise less my core muscles are better than ever.
I maybe do the buns n thighs twice a week max, still with results.
I dont even do it to keep in shape, but i find the buns segment so good for freeing up my lower back and taking the agonising tension out of my shoulders.
I combine the pilates witha GAIAM am + pm yoga dvd, again maybe twice a week and together they are a great self help for stiffness/sore back/ tension.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for beginners, 25 Oct 2010
AF (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Rapid Results Pilates [DVD] (DVD)
Warning: this is certainly a bit too challenging for complete beginners to Pilates. There are many varied moves with few repetitions and the instructor switches to the next position before you've got the hang of the first. I've done yoga, karate and kickboxing before but no Pilates: even though I'm generally good at picking up new moves I couldn't keep up and ended up switching it off. Will wait to use it when I'm bored of my (excellent) Target Toning DVD from the 10 minute solution range and will probably be in a better position to rate it again then.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic DVD, 22 Dec 2009
Ms. L. M. Potucek (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Rapid Results Pilates [DVD] (DVD)
The is the second DVD purchased in my quest for pilates exercises. This is highly recommend this DVD after the STOTT beginners that I purchased previously. It is quite high energy full of fantastic exercises which really work. There has definately been a change in my body and muscles after 4 weeks of use. I alternate this with the STOTT pilates DVD and the other 10 minute solution DVD.

My only gripe is that the breathing is not explained enough and one doesn't know when to breath in and out! Also where the moves are from i.e. Stott or any other.

Thoroughly enjoyable and definately for those who wish to progress very quickly- just be careful of the breathing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for diversity, 27 May 2010
Ms. M. Kovac "MK" (Ashford, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Rapid Results Pilates [DVD] (DVD)
I was looking for an additional pilates DVD that would give a bit more exercises! And I got it! I like the 10 minute splits, found arms and shoulders rather challenging first couple times. I am still looking for a perfect ABS exercise as this one focuses on the whole body rather than a specific part but on the days when I do need a bit of variety - it's just perfect. I'm giving it 4 stars as I don't find the exercises that hard to do (might be just me, I've been doing pilates for 5 years now).

5.0 out of 5 stars wow!!, 30 Sep 2013
This is brilliant.
It allows you to work different parts of the body if you so wish. In my case - my arms and middle section.
I felt my muscles still 'working out' inside my body 48 hours after the exercise. WOW!!!

Try this and you will not regret it. fabulous!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Introduction For Beginers, 22 Jan 2010
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Rapid Results Pilates [DVD] (DVD)
I had never done pilates before I bought this DVD. I thought that Pilates was for people who were already in good shape and just wanted more definition to their shape. I was so wrong! This is a fantastic introduction to Pilates. I have been using it for a little over 2 wks and I am amased with results. i have lost 2 dress sizes and am more toned that I have ever been. I have a defined waist, a flat stomach and shoulders and arms that will not be getting covered up this summer! Because the results are obvious after the first couple off times using it, it spurs you on, and you want to keep doing it. Some of the moves are difficult at first but the adrenalin rush you get when you can copy her moves exactly is fantastic.

I have now bought a few other Pilates Dvd's, but I seem to always come back to this!

5.0 out of 5 stars 10 Minute Solution - Rapid Results Pilates, 18 July 2013
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Rapid Results Pilates [DVD] (DVD)
I find that 10 Minute Solution dvds always offer good value. The exercises on this dvd are pretty reasonable to do and I certainly felt as though it was working. Since taking up Pilates my waist has now reappeared, my diabetes has improved. I've still got some other flab round the middle to tackle, but I am hoping this will improve too. Just a few minutes exercising a day makes all the difference and I have several different Pilates dvds from this series and have been pleased with them all.

10 Minute Solution - Rapid Results Pilates [DVD]
10 Minute Solution - Rapid Results Pilates [DVD] by Andrea Ambandos (DVD - 2009)