Showing 1-10 of 34 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on 12 November 2009
Given the number of very positive Amazon customer reviews of this model, it seems almost superfluous to add yet another.
Set-up is so easy it is not really necessary to read the user manual.
The default settings for picture and sound are OK but you might want to delve into the remote control menus to tweak things to your personal taste. In this case the user manual is very informative and easy to follow.
One critism of this model (and indeed nearly all small TVs) is the "tinny" sound due to the small loudspeakers but this can be improved by adjusting the settings of the Sound Menu equaliser. Simply increase the 100Hz slider and reduce the 10kHz slider to greatly improve the overall response.

Overall, as a secondary TV for use in a small bedroom or kitchen it fits the bill!
on 17 June 2009
This is an excellent LCD TV from Samsung, absolutely perfect for a bedroom, kitchen or similar. My only reservations are that the manual doesn't warn you about changing from analogue/digital. I downloaded all the channels on analogue/digital but could not get it to swop between. After talking to Samsung UK i had to do a factory reset and was then told you had to briefly press channel one button to swop between analogue/digital.The set does have excellent sound and a superb picture with tilting screen but make sure you set up your viewing angle correctly or the picture will look poor.Overall this should be 5 stars but with my minor gripes it's only a 4 star but miles better than most in the same price band.
on 18 January 2010
Really impressed with this little TV - as other reviews have said - great picture and sound for the price. But in this day in age - no apparent standby off button? Very odd. I agree with the other commentor that it is best practice for fire prevention to turn off and unplug at the mains - but on a day-to-day basis - this isn't that practical when the socket is behind a large cupboard. And that little red light is making me feel guilty aiding a greater environmental impact.
on 11 August 2009
Bought this TV for £170 and it looks very good. Picture is very good, but it did take a fair amount of adjustment from the default settings, although this is fairly normal as most manufacturers set the contrast to 100% which is ridiculous. There is a small amount of picture blur when watching fast moving scenes, but not bad. The sound, as many people have said, is adequate and clear. There is a graphic equaliser, but this really doesn't make a huge difference. Dont expect ANY bass. However, this is no worse than that of my 17" Toshiba. Overall, a decent set for a bedroom/kitchen. I have a Sony which gives a better all round performance, but at a cost, £100+ more!
on 8 November 2009
Bought this as a bedroom TV and am very impressed with the quality. I've hooked it up to the main house digital aerial via a splitter and the picture quality is excellent, easily as good as my main Sony Bravia. From reviews of most TV's of this size I was worried about the sound quality but it is fine for a small room - surely no one can expect hi-fi quality room filling sound from such a small TV?
My only real issue is that at more than 2.5m away any text, e.g the epg, is hard to read but I suspect this is more to do with my poor eyesight and the size of the TV than any inherent fault! Shame you can't adjust the text size though.
It is really simple to auto set up, hardly needed the manual, and I even found out how to shut off the awful melody when you switch on or off. I have wall mounted it and could have used the clever adaptable stand for this but this has no side to side swivel so bought a Vesa mount, which was easy to fit. I would highly recommend this to anyone as a small kitchen, study or bedroom TV.
on 24 August 2009
Got the TV a few days ago and fitted at weekend, all was in the box and I fitted to wall using a bought bracket, although there is a bracket in the box to convert from shelf to wall stand. Very easy to tune in and sound was good with 3/4 volume no problem for it. all the connections are at the back and the controls for vol channel etc are down right side a handy thing to check out before buying if your going to wall mount! overall a very good tv with no problems at all.
on 6 June 2009
Lovely picture and great sound for a small screen tv , just plug it in and of you go.
would recommend it .
on 15 September 2009
Bought as a bedroom tv. Excellent picture and good sound. Remote control seems to work through any intervening cat and is comfortable to hold and use. Only complaint is the instruction book which is complicated. This area was recently in the throes of digital switchover and it was quite hard to find how to retune it - nothing obvious like 'install' seemed to exist. It turned out to be autostore - not immediately apparent to the non technical. But overall a good buy and excellent value for the money.
on 24 October 2009
We were looking for a small but elegant tv for our kitchen, that would provide all the freeview channels, ready for digital switchover. We spent several days looking for our next tv in both electrical stores and on the web. Finally we decided to order our samsung 19" tv from amazon, as we found the price slightly cheaper than curry's and comets and we had used amazon for several things in the past. To cut a long story short, the tv arrived in perfect condition and we had it working within minutes. The picture quality is superb and we are delighted with our purchase, however one small negative bit of feedback is the sound quality is a little bit tinny and you have to have the vloume up quiet high. Apart from that (which my wife thinks I am being very picky with) we love the tv.
on 31 August 2009
I was looking for a moderatly priced LCD TV that we could use in several locations both around our home and also to be suitable for taking away on our holidays in our touring caravan.

The 19ins Samsung was an ideal choice - it represents very good value for money - the picture quality is very good and it also has good connectivety to other items such as computers - sky boxes and of course includes built in digital freeview as standard.

All in all good value and specification.

See one answered question