4.0 out of 5 stars Help me! I need to be famous...
Djalili's grasp of language and the music and the sounds and the accents... uncanny and fabulous. He is at his funniest as "...comedian from Eraan -- technically dat's tree more tan Tchermany". The Nigerian accent is not wanting either! I love accents, what can I say...
On a more serious note, he does also capture the stereotypes of racial (in)tolerance.
Published on 1 Jun. 2010 by Greg M

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
I am a big fan of Omid Djalili, I can't remember where I first saw him but I thought his comedy was genius! Sadly, I couldn't remember his name after the first time I came across a show featuring his standup so I couldn't track down his DVD until luckily it was suggested by Amazon! Hurrah for personalised recommendations!

Omid's style of comedy is very surreal...
Published on 24 Sept. 2009 by Mr. N. Wildman

4.0 out of 5 stars Help me! I need to be famous..., 1 Jun. 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 July 2014
A1

5.0 out of 5 stars Son in law's Birthday, 15 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Omid Djalili Show - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Purchased this for my son in law's birthday, as I know he is a fan, he really enjoyed it. So I got it right buying him this DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!, 29 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Omid Djalili Show - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
One of my favourite comedians! Absolutely hilarious and also a must see for everyone! Especially if you find the middle-eastern comedy funny!

5.0 out of 5 stars A very funny and talented man, 28 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Omid Djalili Show - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Omid Djalili is very funny and very talented. I still have another two of his DVDs which I am saving for when I need a little cheering up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining, 4 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Omid Djalili Show - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
While it isn't quite as good as I remembered it, it is still great fun. It has some utterly hilarious moments, and some rather average moments, but overall, it's a great show. Maybe not a comedy classic, but definitely worth watching.

5.0 out of 5 stars worth it!, 17 Jan. 2012
This review is from: The Omid Djalili Show - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
hilarious! you can watch it again and again and its still funny, its stand up comedy but with small sketches in between and they are very funny! worth the money!:)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 28 May 2010
This review is from: The Omid Djalili Show - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
For sure the stand up was repeditive in this and I was getting bored but the sketches were absolutely great, very creative, crazy, and funny funny. I was impressed with the time the DVD took to get to me.. I was happy with the purchase.. Would recommend x

4.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, 24 April 2010
This review is from: The Omid Djalili Show - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this as a present for an Iranian friend and she absolutely loved it. I have seen him live with people aged 18-55 and all found his humour entertaining and relevant for today's multicultural society.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 24 Sept. 2009
Mr. N. Wildman "nickwildman2" (Beds, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Omid Djalili Show - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)

Omid's style of comedy is very surreal but that is part of his genius, he also says a lot of what other people are thinking, especially when it comes to ethnic stereotypes. He is also a very physical comedian, able to use anything from silly dances to facial expressions, which is great.

While he is undoubtably a great comedian, this DVD is a complete waste of his talents. I say this because if you have seen any of his appearances on comedy shows or if you own his DVD "No Agenda", almost all of the material on this DVD will merely be a repeat. The standup sections of the show are just exactly the same material from his DVD in a slighty different order and spread over several episodes in between short sketches. This is a real shame because he could have done soooooo much more. I was left feeling slightly cheated as it seemed like no extra effort had gone into the making of this series, it's money for old rope.

The sketches themselves failed to impress as well. This may be just my personal taste as very few sketch shows capture my attention. I infinitely prefer intelligent quick wit and usually Omid delivers this in fine style. Unfortunately, if you have seen any of his previous material, buying this DVD is a waste of money unless you like silly and pointless sketches.

More effort for the next installment please Omid!

The Omid Djalili Show - Series 1 [DVD]
The Omid Djalili Show - Series 1 [DVD] by Michael Cumming (DVD - 2009)