on 21 June 2011
I bought these recently as a gift for my dad, so the feedback is word of mouth, but he tells me they are very good quality and emit enough light to be able to go outdoors and not need a torch. Apparently the on/off switch is a bit fiddly.

I tried for ages to figure out how many are actually in a pack, so for anyone struggling with the same, it's just 1 single light per pack!

Delivered within timescale by seller and well packaged.
on 24 April 2012
got a couple of these to try after had had great results with other Powerbee products
These are absolutely brilliant and give off a good light even after being charged through a dull over cast day
They were stil glowing brightly at 5 a.m. the next morning.
The solar cells are a lot larger (and look to be far better quality) than ones sold elsewhere in diy shops etc. on use so far they are excellent products again from Powerbee and are really well made and dead easy to assemble.
will be ordering some more to replace other useless ones I have had from diy stores.
on 21 July 2015
Really delighted with these lights. I originally ordered 2 of these lights a little over 4 months ago (there is only 1 light in each pack) and was half expecting them to either give out very little light or simply not work at all but I'm happy to say I was wrong - these lights do exactly what you would hope!

The lights themselves look very smart and are 40cm high. They consist of a top unit that has the solar panel and an LED underneath. This main unti slots into the milky white housing to let the light out and a metal tube that holds the light above the ground. There's a plastic spike that fits in the bottom of the metal tube that is pushed into the ground.

The light works using a light sensor. There's a little plastic tab next to the LED that you have to remove to get them working out of the box. If you cover the solar panel with your hand (or it gets dark outside!) then the light comes on. This is set up well and the light comes on just before dusk and stays on throughout the night. The amount of light is perfect for subtly lighting a garden path without being obtrusive. You wouldn't want to read a book using only this light but for seeing where you're going it's ideal. Our front garden has no street lighting and is pitch black at night but 2 of these solved the issue straight away. I was so impressed I bought 2 more to line the other side of the path - more for asthetics than an actual need for more light. I've since bought another 4 that I use in the back garden and have recommended them to neighbours who asked where I got them, who've done the same.

The good stuff.

These do not appear to need direct sunlight. I've got some of these right up against a hedge that blocks sunlight and others that are becoming overgrown by plants in the borders but they stay brightly lit until long after I've gone to bed and are still glowing brightly if/when I wake up early. Importantly the lights are evenly bright despite receiving different amounts of light and being ordered at different times. Over the last 4 months they've been outside in some very heavy rain and seen 35 degree sunshine without any issues from any of the 8 lights we now have. They've not seen freezing temperatures yet but have no reason to expect issues. The solar panel itself can be tilted to point towards the sun - although I've not bothered doing that and they've charged fine no matter where I put them even on overcast days.

The bad stuff.

Very little to be frank. One important thing to note is the plastic and metal itself isn't super strong. I'd suggest pushing the the pole into the ground first and then fitting the solar panel/LED unit on top of that rather than assembling the whole thing and pushing it into the ground. I didn't do this and on one of mine I was trying to push it into hard ground/buried stone and pushed hard. It cracked the plastic where the metal tube attaches to the plastic light body. Totally my fault as I was pushing far too hard on something made of plastic but you can't see the crack on the underside so not much of an issue.

I've attched some photos of one of the lights to show how they work plus a couple of pictures of them lighting my front path in the dark to give an idea of light output. Hopefully this is helpful to someone. :-)
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on 1 December 2013
At this time of year, the sun goes quite early. Even so, I thought these lights would have stayed lit for quite a while, but all 4 of them were out of power before 8pm, which was useless.

However, I took the unit apart and replaced the supplied rechargeable AA battery, with a better make. Changing from the generic 600mAh battery to a Duracell 2500mAh type means the lights now stay on all night.

The lights are nice and bright compared to other types I've seen, but the light comes 1 small bulb so it is never going to light up a large area.

Change the battery when you get this light (a case of removing 3 small screws) and it will work fine.
33 comments|42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 October 2014
I purchased 4 of these lights to replace some cheaper ones which had given up the ghost after a year or so.
At present (October) they come on as soon as it gets dark and if I look out at 07.00 am they are still on!! Whilst they have only been in position for a relatively short time they appear to be a good buy.
on 17 December 2009
It's a great solar light, very simple of use, better design than most products, simple manual, and it's not expensive at all compared to the models we have in France. Highly recommanded, since it's more usefull than most solar light that doesn't light anything really, this one is more powerful and sufficient for a garden or an entrance.
on 19 June 2013
I ordered 6 of these light last week and I'm very impressed so far.

The units come in 4 parts - top light, post, spike, connecting tube. They slot together very easily. Pull a small strip out of the battery compartment and they are ready to go.

Put them out in the afternoon of a reasonably bright day (mid June). Returned that night and all the lights had come on. They are lit by a very small bulb at the top of the unit, but this illuminates the opaque material and provide a reasonable grow. They will not light your garden but they are very bright and light a small area around them.

The units look really smart - good value for money. 5/5
on 8 July 2010
I love garden lights and this one caught my eye because it looked very solid and is stainless steel. I was pleasantly surprised at how bright it shines at night. It gives off a nice glow around the area it is in, not like my other ones that are lit but don't shine. Also, it is not always in full sun but this doesn't affect the charging of the light which is alight for at least 7 hours. I love it. Thank you Power Bee.PowerBee Endurance Solar Power Garden Light with dual LED for all year round Garden Lighting
on 5 July 2015
One light works but it's not very bright. The second one cannot be activated as I am unable to remove the top. I will be returning these for a refund.
on 31 July 2013
Bought these to replace another inferior product after trying out PowerBee's Endurance solar powered Star lights (which by the way are still working through two winters).
Even though they don't use a particularly powerful LED, the design is such that the light output is stronger than your usual garden light, just don't expect a "floodlit" garden.
The solar panel appears to be very efficient as even in a shady place they recharge overnight.
So impressed that I ordered 6 more for a friend who needed to highlight steps and changes of level in his garden and he too is delighted.
Altogether very pleased with every product I have bought from Powerbee