5.0 out of 5 stars Fabby hot tea at last

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing
Published on 28 Aug 2011 by curly

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabby hot tea at last, 7 Jun 2010
This review is from: Sabichi 1200 ml Double Wall Teapot (Kitchen & Home)
After 20 years of putting up with my dripping purple china teapot from a popular Swedish store, I hunted for a stay warm shiny teapot and found this one. It works really well keeping my tea very warm during a busy morning of getting kids out the door. It doesn't drip, it holds 4 good size cups and handle doesn't get hot - just watch out for the lid handle as that does get very hot. It also looks much much better then the picture - in a very shiny chrome - matching all my stainless steel accessories etc. in the kitchen - lets hope it last for 20 years.

5.0 out of 5 stars best teapot I've evr had!, 15 July 2010
P. W. Herron "Pete Herron" (Padova, Italia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sabichi 1200 ml Double Wall Teapot (Kitchen & Home)
I am absolutely delighted with this teapot. It looks great; it's much shinier than the picture seems. It pours beautifully and the lid stays put. It makes a really good pot of tea with two tea bags. The double-wall idea helps keep the tea hot; it's not like a thermos, but it works well. I live abroad and it's not easy for me to get a decent teapot, but this one has really scored a hit in my household!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Teapot, 21 July 2011
This review is from: Sabichi 1200 ml Double Wall Teapot (Kitchen & Home)
Excellent Teapot, good shape and keeps tea hot for a long time. Only down side is the lid which can get quite hot, but overall a good teapot and not disappointed with my purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Teapot, 7 Oct 2010
This review is from: Sabichi 1200 ml Double Wall Teapot (Kitchen & Home)
Excellent teapot for most purposes. Keeps tea hot for much longer then regular teapots, it is a shame the lid isn't double-walled as well as it does heat up a lot and must lower the amount of stored heat quite a bit! Generally though I've been very pleased with it and it does look very smart.

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 28 Aug 2011
This review is from: Sabichi 1200 ml Double Wall Teapot (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this teapot about 7 weeks ago and have been using it for approximately 4 weeks when the 'little knob' (very technical term!) fell off as I was trying to remove the lid. When I examined it closer, I noticed that the 'little knob' wasn't attached to the lid with a screw, it looked as though it was simply soldered on. All in all, I'm not particulary impressed with the quality of the teapot and since it cost 20, I can't help but feel I've been ripped off. There are good things about the tea pot, it looks modern and stylish, it pours really well and it keeps the tea warm. I'm just disappointed about the dodgy lid and will have to continue my search for the perfect teapot.

1.0 out of 5 stars Put a lid on it... and a cosy, 21 Mar 2011
This review is from: Sabichi 1200 ml Double Wall Teapot (Kitchen & Home)
(Feb 2011) It works. Keeps the tea hot so no 'cosy' required but the lid is the problem. Like other reviewers I agree the lid can get very hot but I find that the fitting of the lid is a more annoying feature. It has three 'clips' that catch under the rim of the body but you have to turn (spin) the lid to put it into position and to remove it. Sometimes it can take two or three seconds. Very annoying. Perhaps I have a faulty one but as it was wet when I received it I assume it had been tested.
(March 2012)...And now it's 14 months later (purchased 1 Feb 2011) and I am annoyed. The double skin insulation has completely failed (it seems to have let water/tea into the space between the two layers (just out of guarantee period!). Consequently, the tea only remains warm for a short time so I will have to revert to using a cosy or buy another teapot (but not be a Sabichi).

4.0 out of 5 stars Nearly Perfect, 11 Aug 2010
This review is from: Sabichi 1200 ml Double Wall Teapot (Kitchen & Home)
It doesn't drip! It keeps tea hot! However, one star is deducted because of the lid. It is rather flimsy, which doesn't have a detrimental effect on the teapot's overall performance, but the little knob should have been insulated. The handle stays cool thankfully.

When I read another review which criticized the knob I did think it was being rather picky, and wouldn't be a problem. However, due to the tea tending to get a bit stewed because it's kept hot, it is necessary to remove the teabag(s) when the tea has brewed to the desired strength, so you have to be very careful not to burn your fingers when handling the lid. I get round this by not putting the lid on until the tea is brewed, and teabags removed. (Oh, and the spout gets very hot too, so be careful not to touch it).

All in all, an excellent buy, a very good price from this seller and very nearly perfect.

1.0 out of 5 stars Backblow, 10 May 2013
This review is from: Sabichi 1200 ml Double Wall Teapot (Kitchen & Home)
Looks really good and keeps the tea warm but a few seconds after the tea is made and the lid put on and the pot is left standing tea starts pouring out of the spout . Quite alarming and potentially dangerous.

4.0 out of 5 stars Delectable, 27 Feb 2013
Kacidell (Catford, London, SU64TA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sabichi 1200 ml Double Wall Teapot (Kitchen & Home)
As with previous reviewers, I too have experienced a little 'catching' with the lid. Because I had read reviews mentioning this problem, specifically, it has not caused me undue annoyance or frustration.
It looks so very sleek. It shines up quickly and easily. Since buying one, for my Mum, I have bought a further 5 for her sister and friends. It really does look well. It also keeps the tea piping hot.
I have no hesitation in recommending this teapot. It lost a star due to the stiff lid. Although I was aware of it, I am of the opinion, it is something the manufacturers could have 'tweaked' by now.

3.0 out of 5 stars looks good, 22 Jun 2012
P. A. Huntley - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sabichi 1200 ml Double Wall Teapot (Kitchen & Home)
I was quite pleased with this teapot at the beginning, but after a couple of weeks I have found that despite thorough cleaning I am getting tea dust floating in my cup. At first thought it was the fault of the tea bag but have tried using a china pot and there's no awful residue. Still trying to puzzle it out, the spout on the silver tea pot has a finer strainer than my old china one, it doesn't make sense.

Sabichi 1200 ml Double Wall Teapot